Status: Read Author's Note Please <3

Whisper Wreckless

Nice To Meet You

Image

It’s been four whole days in La Push, and this place still hadn’t appealed to me in the slightest bit. Emily had been kind enough to spend almost every second with me doing activities. She taught me how to do embroidery, she took me out to local shops and let me explore the town, and she was also helping me brush up on my cooking skills.

Sam hadn’t been around very much. She told me that Sam worked a lot, and that’s why he wasn’t around. But when I asked what he did for a living she brushed me off and started going over the recipe on how to bake blueberry muffins. I didn’t pry, it wasn’t like me to do so.

It was just past ten, and Emily was cleaning up the kitchen. She told me Sam and his friends had come over for dinner while I had been napping.

“Hey Emily, is it okay if I go out for awhile?”

“Where to?” She asked politely.

“Just the each. I still haven’t been there, and I’d really like to check it out.” I told her smiling softly.

“Sure, do you want some company?”

“No, I’m sure I’ll be fine.”

“Okay, but be back by eleven, okay?

“Alright.”

I went out the front door and started walking towards where I knew the beach was. It was slightly cold, so I pulled the hoodie that I had tighter to me. I walked through the trail and I was greeted by the sound of waves crashing. I smiled, feeling the ocean breeze and walked onto the sand.

I slipped out of my sandals and sat down far enough where I wouldn’t be soaked. It was peaceful, something that I had been longing for since I moved here. I laid on my back and stared up at the sky. I’d never seen so many stars before. Sure, you could spot a few in Scottsdale, but nothing like this. This was definitely something else.

I could feel my eyelids shutting when I first heard the noise. It was almost like a snort from a dog. But it was much louder than that. I sat up and turned around. At first, I saw nothing. But I got up and started walking towards the forest, where I was sure I heard the noise.

And that was when I saw it.

It came out of the forest, slowly, with it’s eyes locked on mine. his was larger than any other animal I had personally seen. And it wasn’t hard to figure out it was a wolf. With the light from the moon I could see that it was a gray color, with very dark eyes.

It came closer to me, but I couldn’t find the strength to look away. It was magnificent, and so beautiful. How could someone tear the eyes away? This time I stepped closer, and I was directly in front of it. I decided to be brave, and I reached out for it and placed my hand on top of it’s head; which it had gracefully lowered for me.

The fur was so soft, so smooth. I found myself petting it, and soon enough the wolf’s tongue cam out in delight. And I couldn’t help but laugh.

“You’re beautiful, you know that? I said chuckling.

The wolf barked out, which I could only assume was a laugh. It was amazing, could it really understand me? Before anything else could happen I heard a howl. I should have known, wolves always travel in packs.

“I guess that’s your cue.”

Without another sound the wolf made it’s way back into the forest.

Amazing.

I woke up the next morning to Sam knocking on my door.

“Come in.” I said groggily.

Sam, came in with a tray of waffles and a glass of milk in his hand. “I brought you breakfast.” He said smiling, letting himself in.

“Aw, thanks man.” I said appreciatively. I sat up in bed and Sam placed the tray on my lap, and sat down at the edge of the bed.

“Listen Lynn, I’m sorry I haven’t really been around to hang out with, it’s just-”

“It’s okay Sam, really it is. My mom dumped me on you pretty last minute. If
anything, I should be apologizing on her behalf.”

“No, Lynn it’s not like that. I like having you here, I do. It’s just, I want to apologize for not spending any time with you.”

“It’s really okay Sam,” I said, swallowing a piece of waffle. “We have all summer.” I said smiling warmly.

“You know, you’re not what I expected, in the slightest.” He said chuckling.

“Oh really? What were you expecting?”

“A disrespectful, pierced up, tattooed, drug dealing seventeen year old girl.” He said grinning teasingly.

I laughed whole-heartedly. “Figures, my mom must’ve been really dramatic.”

“She was, but you know; you’re not a bad kid at all. I mean, I see your pictures with the people you’re with, you with animals and you’re friends. And jeez all your ribbons for schooling. I don’t know how she could possibly think you were on the wrong path.”

“You obviously don’t know about Dan.” I said, washing down my waffles with my milk.

Sam looked at me confused.

“Dan?”

“My mom’s fiance. They’ve been together for over a year, and long story short. He doesn’t like kids, didn’t want me in the house. So got my mom to send me away.” I said with a shrug of my shoulders.

“That’s terrible.” He said softly.

“Yeah, but that’s my mom for you.” I said, trying to hide the fact that it hurt.

“You know, you’re welcome here. And you can talk to me, or even Emily about anything, alright?”

I shook my head. “Thanks Sam.”

“It’s no problem.” Sam suddenly stood up. “Now get dressed, you’re going to meet a few people today.”

“Like?”

“Some friends of mine.”

“Great.” I said grinning.

Sam started towards me door, but then turned around.

“I should probably warn you, the guys are pretty rambunctious. And Paul, well, he’s not very easy to get along with.”

“Yeah, Emily warned me about him already,” I said chuckling. “Is he that bad?”

The look on Sam’s face said it all.

I got dressed in denim Bermudas, a purple tank top and brushed my hair down. Next I put on my converse and started going down the stairs, where I heard laughter from the kitchen. As I walked in I saw what I assumed to be Sam’s friends sitting at the kitchen table stuffing their faces eating pancakes, eggs, bacon and sausage.

“Lynn” Emily said happily. “How did you sleep?” She asked me.

“Good.” I said. “Do you need any help in here?”

“No, I pretty much got it covered.”

“Lynn,” Sam said, standing next to me. “Let me introduce you to everyone. This is Embry, Quil, Colin, Brady, Seth, Leah, and Jacob.” Sam stopped for a moment and looked around. “Where’s Paul?”

“Said he had to step out for a bit and that he’d be back.” Seth said as he finished off his food.

“It’s just like him.” Sam said, shaking his head disapprovingly.

“Who cares?” Embry said grinning. “More food for us.”

“Embry.” Emily said sternly.

The rest laughed at him.

It was then I heard steps and someone walked in through the door.

Sweet baby Jesus.

The guy who walked in, had to of been the most beautiful boy I’ve seen in my entire life. Like the rest of the guys in the kitchen, he had no shirt. His arms were probably bigger than my body, and that chest, oh that chest. I could barely take my eyes off of him.
And looked like he couldn’t take them off of me either.

I felt like we were magnets, and I just wanted to get closer and closer to him until their wasn’t any space left in between us. All of a sudden, I ached for his arms to be around me, to just hold me and never let me go.

“Paul,” Sam said firmly. Snapping me out of my gaze. “This Lynn, m cousin.”

He said, putting an arm on my shoulder.

Paul looked back and forth in between Sam and I the rolled his eyes. “I heard him mutter a “shit” as he sat down at the table and started eating with the guys.

He didn’t so much as look me at me once more after Sam introduce us.

Sam and Emily were right, he is a jerk.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for the love!! I have 16 subscribers already! Thank you so much. And thanks for the comments, it means a lot =] So do you guys like the banner?
She Said Poptarts made it for me! She's so aesome, I love it. Haha.
Well, telll me what you guys think, what are yur predictions? Tell me what you think of the chapter guys! More commenyts, faster updates <3
~Minnie