Status: Active. Comments=Love! :)

Salted Chocolate

Meeting Mariella

This story is about a nineteen-year-old girl called Mariella Salt. She wasn’t smarter, or faster, or better looking than any other girl, but her family was rich and powerful.

Mariella didn’t care about money or power. She always had her head in the clouds. When she wasn’t at college, she spent her time drawing, singing, playing the piano or the violin.

Above all, Mariella loved chocolate. She ate it everyday. She wasn’t fat like Augustus Gloop, but she was a bit overweight and very curvy. Her face was quite nice looking — not plain, but not pretty either.

Mariella loved making sweets and chocolate as well. She would give them to her little sister, Veruca, but Veruca always criticized them and then ate them all. So Mariella would give them to the candy shop in the village closest to her family’s mansion for free, provided the shop assistant told Mariella what people thought of them.

She didn’t want the money. She didn’t need it. But she loved making chocolate and other sweets. Anyway, Mariella loved Wonka chocolate more than any other type of chocolate. So when Willy Wonka sent out the five Golden Tickets, of course, Mariella wanted one. Willy Wonka was her hero. She wanted to be like him.

However, unlike her sister, Mariella wanted to find a ticket fair and square. Veruca found a ticket quite quickly with their father’s help; Mariella didn’t need to find a ticket after that. Their father spoiled Mariella as much as he spoiled Veruca; the difference was that Mariella was just less demanding and preferred to be more sensible (which her father liked). She loved the presents her father bought her, but she didn’t demand things all the time like Veruca.

Because he spoiled her, Mr. Salt came into Mariella’s room on the 31st of January and asked her, “Do you want to come with me and Veruca to the factory tomorrow?”

“Really, daddy? I would love to! May I?” Mariella asked, smiling.

“Of course, darling,” Mr. Salt replied. He preferred his eldest daughter, as she was less demanding, and always said “Thank you” when she got a present. He was planning to give her his business when he retired.

“But will they let us both in?” asked Mariella.

“If they don’t, you can take her in. You are old enough,” Mr. Salt said, smiling.

Mariella hugged her father.

That night Mariella went to sleep, dreaming of chocolate, magic, wonder and the candy genius himself, Willy Wonka.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you like this story! Comments are welcome, and I will update if I see some nice ones, too. :)