Status: WORKING ON IT

Stories Left Untold

Eight

It’s only been three hours since we all woke up, and it’s already been a long day.
As soon as Kim got carried out by Sidney, or whatever his name is, I poured myself another glass of wine and went out on the balcony for a cigarette. Right then, my phone vibrated.

Text from: Matt

I’m coming to Vegas. I got the next flight out.


I rolled my eyes. Perfect. More fucking drama to add to the already sketchy situation.

Text to: Matt

What the fuck for Matthew? What’s done is done.

Text from: Matt

I love her Kate. I have to salvage our relationship.

Text to: Matt

By coming here and ruining our vacation? I fucking think not.

Text from: Matt 

I need to tell her face to face I forgive her. Stupid mistakes happen.

Text to: Matt

Matthew James. I swear on our mother’s grave if you step on that plane I will kill you when you arrive in Vegas, you understand me? You are only going to fuck things up worse.

Text from: Matt
Too late. On plane. See ya in a few hours.

Well fuck. I downed the glass of wine I had in my hand and went back in for more. Before I could reach the bar, my so called husband stepped in front of me.

“Starting a bit early aren’t we wifey?” Patrick said smiling, taking the glass out of my hand.

I snatch the glass back. “First off. It is never too early especially when you are me. And second, I am not your fucking wife!”

He took my hand. “Oh but this ring on your hand begs to differ.”

“You must be delusional.” I said, taking the rest of the bottle of wine and walking back to the balcony.

“Too bad none of us remember last night. It would solve that question real quick.” He said following me out and sitting beside me.

“Don’t you have anything better to do besides tormenting me?” I said as I took a drink out of the wine bottle.

“Nah. I got to get to know my better half better since we are married.” He said and took the bottle away from me.

I narrowed my eyes. “Look here asshole, I don’t know who the fuck you think you are, but you better give me that fucking bottle back and quit calling me your fucking wife. I don’t plan on getting married, especially to someone like you.”

“I’ll give it back if you give me three facts about you. And what’s wrong with me?”

I rolled my eyes and laid back in the lounge chair. “For one, you are annoying as hell and you are also fucking cocky. And three facts? Why?”

He dangled the bottle in front of me. “Cause I want to get to know you better.”

“Fine. My name is Katherine Ann Thompson, I live in Pittsburgh, and I am a PR rep for the Pittsburgh Steelers.” I said as I snatched the wine bottle back. “Now will you leave me the hell alone?”

He laughed. “Katherine? I don’t picture you as a Katherine.”

“Now you are making fun of my name? Seriously, get the fuck out.”

He shook his head. “No no no. It’s just that, Katey fits you so much better than Katherine.”

I rolled my eyes. “Um thanks?”

I laid there for a few more minutes, and as I was falling asleep, he asked another question.

“So, a PR rep for the Steelers huh? Must be a nice job?”

“Fuck. Will you ever leave me alone? I came out here to enjoy a bottle of wine and possibly get more sleep. Is that too much to ask for?”

He let out a loud sigh. “Holy fuck. Are you always this much of a bitch? Cause if you are, I don’t know how your friends deal with you.”

“And are you always this annoying? I feel bad for your fucking teammates and friends for even having to deal with your ass regardless.”

Right then, Lizzie stuck her head out the door and hands me my phone.

“Um Katey, your phone has been going off.”

“Shit. Okay thanks.”

I look over the messages, most of them from people I drunk called or texted last night asking me what the fuck did I drink last night. Then there was a message from Kim.

Oh my god. Today has been amazing.

I rolled my eyes.

Text to: Kim

at least one of us is having a good time. This asshole who keeps calling me his wife needs to gtfo.

Text from: Kim

haha. Patrick? Give him a chance. He might be a good guy.

Text to: Kim

what the fuck are you smoking?


“Ya know. She might be right.” Patrick piped in.

I look up at him. “Are you reading my text messages? Invasion of privacy much?”

“Shit. My fucking bad. I will leave her holiness the fuck alone now. Hope you don’t die in the bottle of wine.” He said getting up, heading back inside.

After I heard the door slam, I closed my eyes and tried to nap.

Bar, lap dances, wedding bells, celebration….

My eyes popped open and I ran back inside.

“Holy shit guys I remember!”