Status: WORKING ON IT

Stories Left Untold

Nine

Great. This was supposed to be a girl’s vacation in Vegas and I get ditched by not one, but all three of my friends.

I looked at my phone at the text messages I received from all three of them.

Text from: Lizzie

Hey. Met up with this guy. I will meet up with you later.

Text from: Kim

I know you are gonna hate me and Jenna, but we are going out for a few. Meet up with you later?

Text from: Jenna

being dragged out by Kim. See you soon.


Fuck all you bitches. Then again, who needs friends when you are in Vegas? I wasn’t bad looking, maybe I could pick up a guy, take him back to our suite and have my own fun for the evening.

I got a shower, curled my hair, put on makeup, and put on the perfect outfit, the outfit my friends refer to as “Katey is on the prowl” dress. They weren’t around to tell me otherwise, knowing they would bitch if I was to leave them to go have me some fun.

Fuck them.

As I headed out of my room and down to the lobby, I hailed a cab to the first bar I could think of.

As soon as I walked in, I could feel everyone’s eyes on me. I gave a cocky smile and walked up to the bar and ordered a Jack and coke.

Drink after drink I had different guys approach me for dances and to buy me free drinks. I never once turned them down. Shit, I ain’t stupid.

By the time I was nine, or was it ten, drinks in, I heard Lizzie’s voice.

“Katey! What are you doing here?” She said slurring her words.

I rolled my eyes. “Drinking obviously, which it seems you already have been.”

She giggled and pulled me close and whispered, “Guess what?”
“What?”

She pulls away and shows me her hand. “I got married!”

Even in my drunken state, my jaw dropped. “What?! Who is it?”

She pointed to two guys at the bar. “See the guy on the right? That’s Jon, my hubby!”

That’s when I saw him. My target of the night.

“Lizzie, who is the guy on the left?”

She thought for a minute. “That’s his friend Patrick. Oh my god he is sooooo funny.”

I smiled. “Well you can’t keep your husband waiting, let’s go over so I can meet these boys.”

As we walk over, Lizzie jumped into Jon’s arms and Patrick looked up at me and smiled.

I smiled back. “Hey I’m Katey.”

“I’m Patrick, and when I first saw you, I knew we could win the Stanley Cup in tonsil hockey.”

I tried to hold back my laughter but I couldn’t, and soon after he was laughing too.

After our laughing fit, he asked what I was drinking.

“I’ll have a Jack and coke.”

He crooked an eyebrow. “Going for the hard stuff tonight I like it.”

Over the course of the next few hours, me and Patrick danced, drank, and laughed. When we were way past gone, Patrick made a crazy suggestion.

“Dude, the whole marriage thing Jon and Lizzie got going on seems like fun.”

I looked over at my friend sitting on Jon’s lap making out with him. “It sure does, wanna try it out?”

He smiled and led me out of the bar.

A few minutes later, we will standing at the altar of the Little White Wedding Chapel in front of Elvis reciting our vowels.

“Do you Patrick take Katey-“

“I do.” Patrick slurred out.

I giggled. “You were suppose to let him finish.”

He rolled his eyes. “I just want to start our honeymoon love.”

My eyes went wide. “Well then fuck it. I do too.”

The Elvis impersonator rolled his eyes. “Then by the power vested in my by the state of Nevada, I pronounce you husband and wife. You make kiss your bride.”

Patrick grabbed my face and kissed me.

I don’t know if it was the kiss or the alcohol that made me weak in the knees.