Status: WORKING ON IT

Stories Left Untold

Five

It was pretty clear that no one knew what was going on. Everyone of these guys were definitely worth whatever happened, but that was beside the point. We had to find out what happened; before my boyfriend found out.

“Kim, I don’t know why you’re so worked up,” Lizzie said to me.
“Oh my God, Lizzie! If you had a steady boyfriend for four years, you’d be freaking out too.”
“Seriously Kim, what happens in Vegas--” she started.
“Stays in Vegas,” I interrupted her. “I know.”
“Besides, you always worry too much. My brother can handle it,” Katey said.
“You don’t get it,” I started. “Matt practically asked me to marry him...” I quickly covered my mouth after I realized what I said. Matt didn’t want me to tell anyone that I rejected him.
“Kim, oh my God! You rejected my brother?” Katey questioned me
“Yeah, I didn’t know what to say... I just wasn’t ready for that big of a commitment.”
“But why? You’re the one that told me that you really wanted to marry this boy.” Jenna added.
I knew she was right, I did say that. I also knew she was my best friend and I should have listened to her whenever she said that I should have said yes to him.
“I... just don’t know,” I started to bawl my eyes out.

By this time, Katey shooed all four of the boys, who were standing in the doorway, out of the room. She told them to sit down and think about what could have happened last night.

After the boys were out of the room, the girls sat me down to figure everything out.

“Kim... why?” Katey ask.
I always thought she knew me best, and she did. After all, Matt was her brother; therefore if I came up with some stupid excuse she would know. And knowing Katey, she would slap a whole load of sense into me.
“I told you that I wasn’t ready for a huge commitment yet.”
“But, Kim! You told me daily how you wanted to marry him!” Jenna spazzed on me.

I could feel a load of regret in the room next to us where the boys were. Crosby was feeling it pretty bad.

“He knew, didn’t he?” Katey asked “He knew you had a boyfriend.”
“I don’t even remember what I said to him.”
Then Crosby came bursting into the room saying, “You didn’t tell me. After I got up off the barstool and walked away you sent me a picture of you and your boyfriend with a message that said, ‘I don’t care anymore. Sweep me off my feet and take me away from all of this.’”
I looked at what I had sent him and started to cry even harder.
“Fuck...” Crosby said as he turned around walking back into the other room.
“Wait...” I tried to say through my tears. “What else did I send you?”
“I only skimmed through them, but this is the only one that caught my eye.”
“Of course it was the only one you woud notice,” Lizze said. “Because she was leading you on. You wanted her and she wasn’t stopping herself from realizing what she was doing.”
The tears continued.
“Lizzie, stop!” Jenna yelled.
“No, you know it’s true!”
“She was drunk!”
“Obviously she didn’t know what she was doing,” Katey said coming out of the bathroom.
That didn’t stop Lizzie from continuing. “But she knew she had a boyfriend of 4 years, who let me remind you, wanted to marry her!”
“Lizzie, STOP!” Both Katey and Jenna yelled.
She knew that everything she just said was completely wrong and I was hurt. Even though she apologized, I didn’t think that I could accept it. I made the biggest mistake in my life. I wanted to go to Vegas with my three best friends and have an unforgettable time. Well, it was forgettable...

Forgettable enough to just completely forget about my boyfriend back hom in Pittsburgh who asked me to marry him just three days before I left.

That afternoon, Katey told me that I should call Matt. I told her that she was a crazy bitch, but she was being so serious that she took my phone out of my hands and dialed his number for me.

“Hello?” Matt answered the call.
“Matt...” I started to cry again.
“Babe, are you crying?”
“Yeah...”
“Why? You told me you were having a gr--”
“I made a huge mistake,” I interrupted him. “I should have said yes.”
“Babe, I told you that I understood your decision.”
“No, you don’t understand.”
“What are you talking about?”
“The only reason why I said no to you was because I didn’t want anything to go wrong while I was here in Vegas.”
“And somethi--” he stopped. “Oh my god.”
More tears started down my face as I said, “I’m sorry” and hung up on him.

I could picture Matt just sitting there on his bed with his phone still at his ear trying to comprehend what just happened. I told him everything. He tells me everything. He’s told me about all of his past girlfriends and I how I was different from them all. A good different. He has told me that I was the best thing that’s ever happened to him and it was the same way with me. We didn’t want to screw this up, and I think I just did. I knew I shouldn’t have let Katey talk me into calling him.

As I lay in bed that afternoon, hugging a pillow, I heard a knock on the door. “Go away,” I shouted.
Knocks again.
“Seriously, go away!”
“Let me in, Burke!”
It was Crosby. We referred to each other by our last names. I let him in and we sat down on the edge of the bed. He wanted something but I wasn’t going to give it to him.

“Let me take you to dinner,” he suggested.
“No, I’m a mess right now.”
“Burke, don’t make me pick you up and carry you out of this room.”
I then remembered what I said to him in that text message and said, “C’mon Crosby, you woul--” Shit this boy was hott... well in the sense of keeping his word. “Well, you were serious; but are you going to take me out looking like this?”
“I don’t care what you look like right now, I just want you to be happy once again. Just like I met you last night.”
“You really do know how to sweep a girl off her feet.”
“Duuuh! I’m Sidney fucking Crosby,” he said, so self-centered.

As soon as we got downstairs, I asked him where we were going.
“It’s a surprise,” he told me.
He waved for a taxi and then the entire ride there I kept on bugging him to tell me where we were going.

When our taxi pulled up to the restaurant in downtown Vegas, I turned my head to Crosby and he says, “surprise”. Somehow he knoew that this was like my favorite restaurant back home in Pittsburgh.

“Who told you that this is exactly like my favorite restaurant back home?”
“No one,” he said with a smile.
“But how did you know?”
“I’ve seen you at the LeMont multiple times.”
“So, you basically knew who I was so you went--”
“For you. Yes, but only because I wanted to get to know you. So can we just start fresh and forget about what might have happened last night?”
“But what about my boyfriend?” I asked him.
“What about him? This is about you and me right now.”
I didn’t know whether I should smile knowing that Crosby seemed to know how to handle a girl who has a million plus one things on her mind, or to feel regret because I knew that my boyfriend would get pissed because I was out with someone else.

“Burke, c’mon. You know you want to have a good time.”
“Crosby, I’m going to try my best,” I said with a smile on my face.

We walked into the restaurant; I’m in jeans and a t-shirt. I felt really under-dressed. This wasn’t like an Eat n’ Park where you can just go there in sweats, this was a fancy, expensive restaurant.

“Reservations for Crosby,” he told the hostess.
“You made reservations?”
“I’m a go ahead kind of guy.”
“I can tell, but I ain’t complaining!”

Crosby, being the kindest guy I have ever met, even pulled my chair out for me! WHAT?! He definitely wanted something out of me.

I laughed a ‘thanks’ and sat down.

I thought about how awkward this whole thing was going to be and I was pretty much quiet until our food came.

“So tell me,” Crosby started.
“Tell you what?”
“How you and your boyfriend met.”
Why was he so curious. I tried my hardest to move pass the question, but he wouldn’t move pass with me. Was Crosby trying to charm me?
“I just want to know if I could do better,” he said with a huge smile on his face because he knew he was so self-centered.
Yup, he was trying to be a Prince Charming and it was working great on me. He made me completely forget about what he just asked me.
“Well, how did you?”
“What?... Oh!” then I remembered what was asked. “Well, he’s Katey’s brother...” I started.
“What?”
“Yeah, her brother, so I knew him for a few years before we got together and Katey knew that I was falling pretty hard for him. She told me that he was all I would talk about whenever I was over her house. So she asked him if he would go on a date with me.”
“So she hooked you two up? Hmm...”
“Rude! Let me finish, Kanye!”
“Sorry,” he laughed.
“Whatever, rude boy!” I joked.
“I see what you did there!”
“Shut up and--”
“Imma let you finish but...” he rudely interrupted me.
“Crosby! Shut up!”
“Sorry,” he laughed again. He knew I was enjoying his snooty little comments.
“But anyway,. At the time he was finishing up medical school at PCOM in Philadelphia...”
“Ew, Philly.” he said with disgust.
“Exactly what I said,” I laughed.
“Anyway,” he was actually going to let me finish.
“He came home to visit his family one weekend and I happened to be over and he asked to take me out. So he took me to the LeMont, fanciest restaurant in Pittsburgh and I thought, ‘this dude’s just trying to impress me’.” (Actually, this is kind of like what Crosby’s doing right now, but in a different way.) “So after we ordered our food we talked about anything and everything. He was just weeks away from receiving his doctrate so he invited me to his graduation.” I stopped. I felt like I was talking too much.
“Sounds kind of awkward,” Crosby said to me.
“Not really. I mean, Katey’s my best friend and she knew we made each other happy.”
“Then maybe it was awkward for her?”
“If it made her feel awkward, then she didn’t show it.”
“Continue please.”
“I feel like I’m talking too much.”
“No, no. You’re fine.”
“Are you sure?”
“Yeah, I just want to learn more about you,” he sounded a little uneasy now.
“And my relationship with my boyfriend?” I asked. “Nevermind, don’t answer that.”

I really didn’t feel like finishing the storym, but I did anyway.

“So he called me one day and told me that he got a job and he was moving back to Pittsburgh. I got pretty excited because that meant we would get to see each other more often. So after three more months of just going out on dates as like ‘friends with benefits’ he asked me to be his girlfriend. Then I started to feel like a million dollars.” I could feel my throat becoming dry so I took a sip of my water.
“I bet that I could do better... but please, please continue.”
“Because you know how to sweep a girl off her feet?”
“I have my ways!” he said with a smile.
“Anyway Crosby, ever since then, we’ve been together.”
“Hmm, did you guys have any problems?” he asked me.
“Yeah, just like every relationship. Ups and downs.”
“But like, what kinds of problems?”
“Seriously Crosby, what do you want out of this?”
“Burke, why do you think I want something out of this?”
“Because You know I don’t see us as anything more than just friends, right?” I asked him with all seriousness.
It took him a moment to realize that I just asked him a question.
“Crosby,” I waved my hand in front of his face.
“...yeah, yeah. I know that.”
“Then why are you trying to impress me?”
“I’m not, I just like to see people happy. That’s why I brought you here.”
That clearly wasn’t the reason at all.
“Crosby, you and me both know why you brought me here.”
“Then why did I?”

This boy’s so complicatied. He looked at me with those amazing eyes of his. Oh why did I let him convince me to let him take me out. I have completely fallen for him. The exact same way I fell for Matt, but this time... this time was kind of different. Kind of? It was a bunch of different.

“Because you want me to forget about everything...” I said.

Before I even could finish my sentence, he had me pulled up against him. I could feel the sparks between us. I could hear my conscious saying, ‘Kim, don’t even think about doing anything stupid!’

Then it happened.

He kissed me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Intense. Are you feeling it? Tell me what you think! :)