Status: WORKING ON IT

Stories Left Untold

Four

“Do you see them anywhere?” I asked.
“No.” replied Kim. “I have no idea.”
“Well this is just fantastic!” I said.
My friend and I were in the middle of MGM Grand’s casino. I dropped my keys on the floor and I couldn’t find them. I didn’t help that the casino was enormous and there were about a million people there.
“Excuse me, are you looking for these?”
A tall blonde man who seemed to be around my age came over to me with my keys in his hand.
“Oh my gosh! You found my keys! Thank you so much!”
“No problem.” He replied with a crooked, yet cute, smile.
“Hey you look kind of familiar.” Kim said.
“Yeah you do. Are you Jordan Staal?” I asked.
“Yep, I am.” He replied.
“Oh my gosh! I’m a huge fan of yours!” Kim said.
I kept silent. I don’t know what it was, but I didn’t really like the guy. I respected him, but…
“Oh yeah. Go Pens!” I said with a smile.
“Soooo, would you two like to hang out later or something?” he asked us.
What’s in it for me? I said in my head.
“Yes!” replied Kim very excitedly.
“Here, I’ll give you two my number and we can meet up later. I have a few other friends yinz might know.” Jordan said.
Oh wow he’s already picked up on the Pittsburgh lingo? Not bad. I guess. Eh whatever. We exchanged numbers and he told us that he would be in touch with us after the NHL Awards then left.
“I don’t understand why you don’t like him.” Kim said to me.
“I told you, it’s complicated. Like a love/hate relationship without any love?”
“Yeah okay then.” Kim said sarcastically.

***Later that evening***
Text from Jordan to Jenna:
Hey, ready for an unforgettable night?
Of all people he had to text me? He had Kim’s number…
Text to Jordan from Jenna:
Yeah, I guess so. Where would you like us to meet you at?
Text from Jordan to Jenna:
Meet us in front of the MGM Grand. There will be a limo outside. I will stand outside to meet you. ;)
What a freak.
Text to Jordan from Jenna:
Uhh, okay.
Text from Jordan to Jenna:
Okay, be there at 10. See you then. :)
I rolled my eyes. Something in my gut told me that I would regret this. But hey, it was Vegas and I never got out that much and had a little fun. So why not? It couldn’t be that bad….