Status: Complete.

Burning Bridges, Building Love

00

“You two seem like an odd couple. I mean,” The small woman licked her lips as she eyed the newly married couple. Well, to the public they were newly married. The two had kept their marriage well under wraps despite the fact they couldn’t keep their relationship under wraps even before it was a relationship. It was like they were magicians. While everyone was looking at their right hands no one took notice of their left hands or their wedding bands “You two are completely different people. Or do we just see different sides of you in public?” She pressed gently, watching the two.

Both turned to each other, their blue eyes locking confused. He rolled his jaw at his wife as she slowly licked her lips at the question.

“He’s different.” She pointed at her significant other. “He puts on the good boy act and big boys pants before he leaves the house, with his polished little do-gooder badge and all.” He frowned at her with a tight pursed lips.

“Thanks, I love you too.” He grumbled playfully at her.

“I know.” She beamed at him as the reported watched confused by their displays of affection. “That’s why we’re married!” She chirped at him. Humming he nodded slowly as if reconsidering the fact.

“And what about you Rayne?” The interview asked gently. “Do you put on a front, like you say he does?” He snorted at the idea as Rayne blinked at the small woman almost confused by the question. Like she’d been thrown a curve ball instead of the fast pitch she’d been expecting.

“It’s a miracle if she’s nice and tactful, let alone pretending to be someone she’s not.” Rayne reached over slowly, smacking him in the back of the head while smiling sweetly at the interviewer. “Ow.” He laughed, rubbing the spot letting his finger tangle in his growing hair.

“I’m sorry, who are you and why are you questioning me?” Rayne teased.

The woman sighed at the couple. She’d been informed that her day and two hour interview would seem to take forever with out them giving anything of importance up. If she was lucky she’d get something. They were supposedly opposites. He was a ‘quite, shy’ type when being interviewed, but a ‘nice, sweet’ guy all the same and more than likely wouldn’t give much up with well rehearsed sly ways. She, she was apparently a nightmare. ‘Loud, obnoxious, rude, and horrifying’ everything an interviewer should expect from a twenty-three-year-old extreme athlete and adrenaline junkie.

Both an interviewer’s worst nightmare but right of passage into their potential career of hitting the big time gossip shows. If they could survive the couple and possibly wiggle something out of them then they were in for the big bucks. If you could deal with the Gyllenhaal’s, you could deal with anyone in the entertainment industry.
♠ ♠ ♠
Let me know what you think.
Had a weird idea decided to write about it.