Status: Complete.

Burning Bridges, Building Love

05

“That lady was a bitch.” Rayne stated with no censor as the two headed out to their car. A frown was etched on both their faces as they walked through the row of cars. The towering parking garage cement walls amplified her words.

“I was waiting for her to ask if I was good in bed.” Jake huffed. Most of the questions had been directed at him and his acting career, past relationships and why they hadn’t worked out but Rayne and his had, or about his physical fitness. All he really heard was Yada, yada, I’ma, yada, yada, whore, yada, yada, yada.

“Which I would’ve kicked her in the face for asking, then responded to.” Rayne stated simply up at him. “Where the fuck did we park?” She gasped as the two paused looking around.

Huffing Jake pulled his keys and the small paper he’d written the parking space number on. He wanted to find it as easy as possible. Pointing he turned around looking for the right letter in relation to the number.

“What would you’ve have answered?” Jake mumbled gently. “Where the fuck did we park?” He laughed not seeing the right letter or numbers.

Rayne laughed, leaning into his side as his large well muscled arm draped over her shoulders. The two looked at the paper in his other hand before at the cement pillars.

“I would’ve kicked her in the face then said: He’s fucking amazing you whore, keep it in your pants.” Jake laughed at her, hugging her into his side. “Oh there!” She pointed at the number across the parking garage.

“Awesome.” Jake grumbled. Two hours of torture and then a walk to hell through a sea of cars. Something was going to pop up and attack them. Something he could do with out for a while. They’re already been verbally abused enough for one day.

The two slowly crossed the parking garage in silence; too cautious to say anything to the other for fear of it ending up on a tabloid or the internet. There were things that should just be said in private in many peoples’ lives yet for that of a celebrity everything should be said in private, or as close to it as one could get to it.

Talking about anything as a celebrity gets printed if it’s good enough let alone that of two ‘newly’ married ones. Talking about what the other was going to do once they had to go separate ways for a few weeks instantly would’ve been seen as ‘trouble in paradise’ when really they had jobs and other things to tend to.

Groaning as they got in the car both smiled and slammed their doors loudly. Jake grabbed Rayne’s hand once the car was started, put into drive, and began to back out.

“So what’re you going to do for the next week?” Jake asked gently. Rayne crossed her legs Indian style and turned towards him.

“Build my new ramp in the back yard and terrorize your dogs.” She chirped. Jake waited for her to go on, she never left out details about something. Important or not Jake got the whole scoop which made trusting her and understanding her easier for him and in turn he did the same. “It’s going to be, well it’s going to be more of a series of ramps, I gotta practice for the Dew Tour if I decided to go on it, which I might,”

“But moto season over laps it.” Jake pointed out. Rayne pointed at the idea.

“I know but I was thinking of only doing a few stops for the Dew Tour so it wouldn’t bother my races. Besides I don’t have stake-able territory in the vast expansion,” She stated referring to the land they lived on the far outsides of Los Angeles. “Meaning either way when I need a break I can still do that and not have to drive an hour, induce road rage, potentially kill or injure someone, and fight with swarms of kids for twenty minutes of usable skate time.” Jake hummed nodded at the idea. “So I’m gonna do that. Build some half pipes, quarter pipes, a couple fun boxes, rails, maybe even a stairway or two.” She sighed at the idea and daunting task she was setting before herself. “What about you?” Jake sighed. He’s sounded more fun to him.

“Going to several call backs for movies with lame plot lines and half baked character, and not in the good way either,” Rayne giggled at his joke watching him, admiring his profile as he drove. “The fittings for the new movie with my dad, and more interviews…” he pouted at the idea of sitting through another one. “Can we trade?” glancing over at her he jutted out his bottom lip.

She mimicked him. Stick out her bottom lip she sighed gently.

“Sorry buddy, but I don’t know how to do your job and I’m sure you’d take your hand off trying to do mine.” Jake nodded at the idea. He wasn’t bad with power tools he just didn’t use them as often as she did or know what did what exactly. He knew the basics, that was it.

“But I can live with only one hand.” He teased. Pressing his foot on the break he stopped for a stop light and faced her. “As long as I keep my right one I’ll live.” He pointed out.

“Yeah but I like your hands, they’re amazing. And I don’t want you to lose either one of them.” Jake hummed at her words, wiggling his fingers around her hand. “Yeah, those little guys are magic.” She breathed.

“You want a massage later?” He pressed smirking at her. She leaned closer.

“Does it come with a happy ending?” She breathed innocently.

“When doesn’t it?” Moaning she leaned over capturing his lips in a quick kiss. “I get one after you do.” He chirped as the light turned green. Rayne smiled at him widely.

“When don’t you?” She teased. Jake laughed. “They’re massages and we’ve already agreed equal treatment.”

“I love equal treatment.” He breathed. He did, not only with Rayne but in general. He loved being treated like a normal person and not given the royal treatment because of what he did for a living. But with Rayne he got both and it made it even sweeter.

“I know you do.” She whispered kissing his cheek gently. Jake glanced at her and faint smile gracing his thin lips.

“Wanna stop and get something to eat?” He mused. “All the talk about spicy and hot food ruining my system made me hungry. I want a little Chinese.” Bobbing his head he clicked his tongue at the idea. Biting into a well seasoned and marinated chili pepper stuck to a large piece of chicken kept playing in his head on loop as his mouth began to water.

“I could go for something sweet.” Rayne mused.

Where the similarities began their differences multiplied harmoniously. Jake and his addiction to spicy food that would ruin his intestines and bowels one day was polar to Rayne’s addiction for sweet and tangy food that would ruin her teeth and might cause diabetes later in her life. Yet it worked for both of them.

They found a near by, whole in the wall, restaurant to eat at. One they could sit down at or take to go with them if they were ambushed. It was a quaint place where the employees all spoke Chinese and English both fluidly as they served the two other people sitting in the establishment.

Jake slid his arm protectively around Rayne as one of the men eating there began raking his eyes up and down her. Sure, Rayne could kick the shit out of him with out a problem, but she was his not that man’s. Rayne was his! She belonged to Jake just as much as he belonged to her. He was a protective, jealous lover and had no problem showing that.

Glaring at the man he slid behind Rayne to block her ass from his view when they passed. Rayne glanced up at him with a gentle smile as he rubbed her hips soothingly.

“You’re a weirdo.” She giggled. Wrapping her arms around his waist she laced her fingers together behind his back.

“Mine.” He grumbled in her ear as the waiter turned, waving a hand at their small little booth in the far back corner. Jake was pleased with the distance and the angle from the asshole in the front corner.

“And only yours.” She whispered back before sliding into the booth. Watching as he happily slid in across from her she laughed at him.

The two ordered easily as they conversed lightly, effortlessly. They laughed, and giggled at certain comments and past events they related moments to. Waving their hands as they leaned towards each other, smiles plastered on their faces conversation never dulled or lacked substance to them. When their food arrived conversation was only paused as food rolled between their teeth. Other than that it continued for close to and hour and a half when their food had completely disappeared. The little waiter was rather surprised the two massive plates they’d ordered completely empty before the two smaller or average looking people in the establishment. They’d eaten more than the larger man seated near the middle of the restaurant.

Heading to the small house they owned in Los Angeles Jake took note of the small black sedan following them. Huffing he parked and got out slowly. Stalkers, or in complete political correctness Reporters and Journalists, were always a problem for him.

“So much for our secret in town location.” He teased fumbling with his keys. “Fuck I’m a janitor.” Laughing Rayne hugged him tightly as she watched the massive mess of keys in his large hands.

“We can play clean up on isle three now!” Rayne gasped sarcastically.

“Go fuck yourself.” He laughed bitterly. Grabbing the right key he jammed it into the lock and quickly twisted it.

“Well fine.” She huffed playfully. Pushing past him roughly Jake laughed at her smirking at him. “I was trying to invite you to join me, but if you don’t want to par-take, then don’t.” Jake slammed the door behind him and quickly locked it. “Oh now, someone wants to join…” The look in his eyes couldn’t be missed from a mile away by any red blooded male or female old enough to understand. “Well tooo…” She screamed as he tackled her into the couch. “Oh fat ass!” She laughed.

Gasping Jake sat up, hands slapped over his chest with faux sorrow on his features.

“I thought you loved me for me!” He gasped girlishly. “Why now are you making fun of my figure? I thought you liked it! You only married me for my money didn’t you?” He teased as Rayne watched him amused.

“You know, you shouldn’t act. You’re not very good at it.” Jake leaned down pressing their lips together gently.

“Shut up.” He laughed as he stroked her cheek lovingly.

“But, but, but, how will I tell you I love you?” She whined childishly. Jake leaned down pressing his lips back to hers.

“Actions speak louder than words.” He whispered back.

“You’re dirty today.” Clicking her tongue and wiggling her eyebrows at him she giggled. Usually Jake’s mind was driven the same way other men’s were: sex, beer, sex, food, sex, sleep, sex, and work on occasion.

“I’m amazed you’re not covered in a layer of dirt right now.” He retaliated kissing along her neck. “It’s a little weird tackling you into the couch and not tasting dirt right away.”

“I’m not always that dirty! I shower!” She gasped, smacking him playfully.

“I’m not saying you don’t. But you’re sexy when you’re all sweaty and half dressed in your riding gear.” Humming at the idea Jake bit his bottom lip. “It’s sexy.” The two stared at each other. “Okay!” Scooping her up over his shoulder Jake stood. “Massage time!” he declared rushing for the stairs as Rayne laughing, clinging to his torso tightly.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you, once again for reading.
Let me know what you think. :]