Remembering Sunday

Memory One

Ghandi said Whatever you do in life will be insignificant but it is very important that you do it because… You can’t ever really know the meaning of your life… And you don’t need to… Just know that your life has a meaning… Every life has a meaning… whether it lasts one hundred years or one hundred seconds… Every life… And every death changes the world in its own way… Ghandi knew this. He knew his life would mean something to someone, somewhere, somehow. And he knew with as much certainty that he could never know that meaning… He understood that enjoying life should be of much greater concern than understanding it. And so do I.

All I wondered is what my meaning and life’s work would be

I looked down at my scraped arm as I sat in Toronto Air Port waiting for my cousin to pick me up, I looked at the covering I had over one of my worse scars. I pulled my phone out of my pocket quickly checking the time. I sighed noticing I’d been waiting an hour for him to arrive, I shook my head and got up slipping on my jacket I grabbed my luggage and made my way towards the door. I kept my head down as I walked not wanting to meet people’s eyes.

“Annie.” I looked up when I heard my name being called, I looked around until my eyes landed on my cousin Greg. I made my way over to him attempting not to be hit by anyone as they passed me. Greg greeted me with hug, I dug my head into his chest thanking god he still cared. “Are you ready?” I nodded my head, Greg nodded his head and picked up two of my bags and walked with me to the car. “Mr. and Mrs. Jonas would like to talk to you when we arrive.” I nodded my head one more not speaking, I didn’t want to speak “Annie, I don’t want to pressure you but…. Did you stop talking when it happened?” I nodded my head. “Have you stopped talking completely?” I shook my head no Greg turned to face me his eye filled with sorrow. “Please, Annie please talk.” I shook my head I didn’t want to speak “Okay, Just promise me you’ll talk soon.” I shrugged my shoulders, He shook his head before turning to the front. Greg was mad at me and I’d only been with him for ten minutes how would he deal with six months.

“Gr...Greg.” My voice came out raspy, Three months of barley saying anything had taken it’s affect. “I’m sorry.” I whispered. Greg turned to me once he’d heard my voice. He slid my thin body over to him placing my legs over his lap.

“Bennie, You don’t have to be sorry, I understand it all.” He let me rest my head on his chest. “I just miss my carefree, bubbly, happy baby cousin.” I nodded my head.

“I’m trying Greg, I really am.” He kissed my forehead hugging me tighter.

“I know baby girl, I know.” He whispered in my ear.

~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~

“Mr. Jonas, Mrs. Jonas this is my baby cousin Annie.” I tried to smile putting on a brave face.

“Hello.” I whispered out, Mr. and Mrs. Jonas smiled sweetly at me. “Thank you for letting me join tour.” Mr. Jonas smiled wider at me.

“Your more than welcome my dear.” Mrs. Jonas smiled at me. “Greg have the boys talked to you about the bus situation?” She asked Greg who still stood beside me. Greg shook his head ‘yes’.

“I did but I haven’t had a chance to talk to Annie about it yet.” Greg smiled at Mrs. Jonas. What did he need to talk to me about? “Would you like to do the honors?” He asked Mr. Jonas. Mr. Jonas nodded his head before directing his eyes to me.

“Annie, As you know Gregory here stays on the boys bands bus.” He asked me, I nodded my head remembering Greg telling me this. “Well unfortunately that bus is full, So would you mind awfully staying on our family bus? You could help Denise take care of Frankie some days.” I thought it over. They were allowing me to join their tour I might as well try to repay them.

“Of course I don’t mind.” I whispered, Mrs. Jonas smiled before walking away to answer her phone while Greg excused himself to go to the bathroom.

“Annie, Greg he told us why you had to join us on tour, I hope I’m not prying here but if you need to talk I’m always here.” I nodded my head a tear rolling down my cheek.

“Thank you.” He nodded his head a small smile on his face.

“Your more than welcome, Now, It’s time for you too meet the boys.” I nodded my head walking with him out of the room.

“We must be the change we wish to see.” - Ghandi

“The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others.” – Ghandi
♠ ♠ ♠
New Story. :D You like?