Sequel: Traveling Backwards
Status: Finished. You guys were awesome<3

You Just Broke Every Stereotype

Love

“Sorry it took me so long, Jaydee. Dimitri stopped me to tell me—Holy shit! What happened?!” Wolf dropped the bag that I assumed held my pain medication and rushed to my side.
Being bitten by Jayleen was different than the other times I had been used as lunch. Hers was more ravenous, hungrier. Like she was really desperate to get her fill. It was extremely painful, but not very messy. She wasn’t careful about her placement on my neck. She completely missed the main artery. Only a few drops of blood were roaming free on my skin. But other than that I felt drained.
“It was Kaige, wasn’t it?! God, I knew I shouldn’t have left you here… This is all my fault…"
“No,” I declared, sitting up. “It was Jayleen.”
“Jayleen? Really? She’s the human blood drinker? Huh…”
“What do you mean? Human blood drinker?”
“I told you Dimitri stopped to talk to me, right? He was saying that apparently someone on campus was caught with a supply of human blood. She claimed she got it from someone else here. The faculty is searching everyone’s homes and dorms.”
“Jesus Christ…” I muttered under my breath. I realized what this meant for me… I was a target. The only human for miles. Besides my uncle, who I’m guessing will be vampire soon anyway. But my blood was wanted. I was easier than getting it from the outside world.
I guess the next question was: what was I going to do about it? I don’t know what happens if I die, or if it’s even possible for me to die. It’s not like I could run away—where would I go? But I needed to figure something out. Some way to protect myself. I wasn’t about to sit back and get snacked on by bloodthirsty vampires all day long. It hurt. And I feel their pain. Wolf’s, Kaige’s, and now Jayleen’s. I’m linked to all of them and almost always in some kind of pain.
I swear Wolf could read my mind. He ran a frozen hand through my hair and whispered “we’re going to be okay. I’ll protect you. Everything is going to work out. Don’t worry.”
I buried my head in his chest and tried to keep myself from crying. We stood there for a few minutes, his chin resting against the top of my head and occasionally kissing it. It was weird to be so close to him and feel no heartbeat, but nevertheless his presence was comforting.
“Jaydee,” he said finally. I lifted my head to look at him. “Come with me?”
I nodded and he let go of me. He grabbed the brown bag off the floor, took my hand, and led me outside. We walked to the cemetery we had gone months ago. Where Kaige had interrupted us. I sat on one of the headstones.
“What’s up?” I asked, concerned. If he brought me all the way out here to talk, it must have been important.
“Did you really just— Can you— Could you stand up?” Wolf said nervously. His voice was shaking and he couldn’t stand still.
I stood.
He kneeled. One knee. As in. He got on one knee.
A small black box came out the brown paper bag.
Like, a ring box.
He looked up at me, smiling.
“Jaydee Devyn Alino? Will you marry me?”
♠ ♠ ♠
yayyyy<3
next one will be longer, promiseeee
still no word from my (former?) co-author :/
so ForeverFugitive will still be helping me<333
comments make my (our?) day ^.^

....do you guys want a sequel?