Status: Active. Only a few chapters left.

There's a Ghost in This Room, I Think I'll Name It After All of You

Safe Little Thoughts To Keep You Safe

A week after the incident where Alex almost raped me, he and Zack haven’t really been in the best terms but at least that got him to stop drinking. Sadly though, Alex is thinking about moving on. Now maybe for the band, that might be a good thing because finally he can get his shit together but I don’t know. I just hope Dallas can come back and fix it all already. I’m tired of waiting for that day but I guess I shouldn’t think about giving up. I mean she is my best friend and we stick up for each other forever, right? But one thing that runs through my head is: how in the world can I stick up for her when she’s not even here?

I was just about to get out of the bus when suddenly, my phone started ringing. I jumped down before answering the phone. I glanced at the screen and nearly dropped the phone when I saw who it was that was calling me. I immediately answered but kept my voice on the down low so that no one else would know who was on the other end.

“Hello?” I answered. I bit my lip. I was nervous even though there was really no reason to be.

“Avery?” She asked. I was really happy to hear her voice.

“Dallas?” I seriously didn’t know what to say. I mean I guess it was too much for me to process in just a matter of seconds.

“Look, I’m sorry I couldn’t get to you sooner. I got your message and well, I feel really bad about it,” I can here the sincerity in her voice as it quivered - almost as if she was about to cry.

“Dallas. I need you to come back,” I know that might have sounded a little straight forward but I couldn’t help it. I miss her so much and well, nothing’s right without her.

Silence was all I heard from the other end. Maybe I should have chosen my words more carefully but I just needed to remind her in case all the other messages got deleted. I’m desperate to have my best friend back and I’m trying to show her but all she does is keep quiet.

“Dallas, please listen to me. If you failed to receive all the other messages-”

“I got all the other messages.” She said sternly. She was pissed. I just hope she doesn’t hang up on me and disappears forever. I don’t want to lose her and thinking about losing her forever just makes me want to stand in the middle of the road and wait for someone to hit me.

“Then why don’t you come back? We all meant what we said, Dally. You have to believe us,” I tried to be as persuasive as possible but all she does is snort. She snorted at my sincerity.

“You guys really want me back?” She asked as if she already knew the answer I had to that question and didn’t believe it.

“How could you even ask such a question? Of course we want you back!” I don’t know why but I started to get aggravated. I mean does she really want me to go look for her and then grovel for a long period of time just to show her what I mean? She’s being impossible.

She laughs at my answer as if it’s the funniest thing she’s ever heard. I don’t understand it and I don’t understand her. What’s gotten into her? Even the tone of her laugh seems different. It sounds more evil now and I don’t know but it affects me a lot – in a bad way.

I want to put down the phone and end the call badly but then she stops laughing and starts taking things seriously.

“Are you sure that everyone wants me back? What if I come back and then shit starts happening with Alex again? What happens then?” she asks harshly. These mood swings…something is definitely up.

“Dallas, are you sure you’re okay?” I ask softly as I look around the parking lot wondering if anybody had been listening this whole time.

“How is that a relevant answer? Why the hell are you asking about my health when I was clearly asking about that asshole who wouldn’t hear me out?” she’s even more frustrated now and it scares me.

“Dallas, I just wanted to know if you were-”

“Crazy?” she interrupts me and inserts herself dejectedly. She starts laughing again. I hold my breath and try to be patient with her. I know that there’s something wrong with her but I’m afraid to actually ask her what I think is going on right now.

“I wasn’t going to say-”

“Save it, I don’t want to hear it. I hope you have the most fucked up life ever lived.” She says and then hangs up.

I was stuck in place as if I just saw a miracle happen right in front of me. But that was hardly what made me glued in the same position. I lowered my phone as tears started making their way down my face. I have never heard her say anything so horrible.

I want to talk to someone about this but I don’t know who to talk to. I mean bringing Dallas up would only make everything worse for them. But before I could wipe my tears away, Zack comes jogging towards me all sweaty and shirtless. On a normal occasion, I would’ve been swooned or at least happy to see him and know that he’s all mine but the last line that came out of Dallas’ mouth hangs in my mind and plays again and again as if I ordered it to repeat itself a hundredfold.

“Hey, what’s wrong?” he asked me but I just shook my head and looked the other way as I tried to hold it all in.

I bite my lip and breathe through my mouth as tears sprinted down my face as if they were racing to the finish line which is probably where my jaw line is. Zack looks at me and wants to hug me but he’s aware of how sweaty and smelly he is. Zack’s jaw tenses as he looks up at the bus thinking one of the guys made me upset. I grab a hold on his arm before he could take the first step.

“Don’t leave me,” I tell him as I wrap my arms around him and bury myself into his chest.

He hesitantly puts his arms around me feeling a little self-conscious but that was the last thing on my mind right now. I just can’t believe Dallas could say such a thing.
♠ ♠ ♠
Actors is <3 :)
I hope you agree with me haha.
So sorry for the lack of updates these past few weeks. As you all may know, Xavier's having some internet problems. Hope he comes back soon though. But for now, it's just me and Mimi. Hope that's okay with you guys :)

read,comment,subscribe :)