Let the Walls Break Down

You Don't Know?

Kirstie’s coming home today! I’m so excited. I miss her so much. So many things have happened since she’s been gone… Well, not too much, but it sure feels like it.

Todd, let me make sure you understand this… TODD! He’s been talking about progressing our relationship. I didn’t give it too much thought at first. But then it hit me… The next step in our relationship would be… him asking me to marry him.

We have been together for almost two years now. I know that’s a good run for a relationship, but… I just don’t know. I love the guy to death, but… am I ready for this? He sure seems like he is though. Who would have thought he would be the one talking about getting married before I did?

He’s on a kick about it today too. It’s not sitting too well with me either. For some reason, it’s getting on my nerves today… right before we have to go pick up Kirstie!

“If I got down on one knee right now and asked you to marry me, would you?” he asked, a little irritated that I wasn’t listening to him very well.

“I… I don’t know,” I stuttered out.

”You don’t know?” he shot back quickly.

“Todd,” I sighed while running my hand through hair.

“Ky, I love you. And it frustrates me that you’re having such a hard time with this. When people love each other and they think they’ve found that special someone, they get married. What makes you so uneasy about this?” he asked, much calmer than before.

“It’s just… what if things change? What if something happens and we end up like Josh and Kirstie?” I asked, finally being able to look up into his eyes.

“Nothing’s going to change. I would never make you choose between staying with me and progressing your career… unless we had a child, but… I don’t see that happening for a while,” he smirked while running his hand through my hair to get my bangs out of my face.

I rolled my eyes, but still managed to smile at him. Children are a completely different story. This chick isn’t having any kids… Nu uh! I don’t care how cute they will be because of Todd’s amazing genes. Not having any.

“Do you want to marry me?” he asked softly with an unsettling look in his eyes.

“I do… it’s just… I never thought I’d find someone that I cared about enough to marry. Sure I had dreams of finding my prince charming, but… I never imagined that I would,” I replied.

Once I paused, he dropped his eyes from me. I smiled at his actions. He thought I was finished talking. Stupid Toddie.

“But then I met this guy… He was so cocky, but… it just added to his sexiness,” I went on. He kept his eyes from mine, but I saw his smile start to form. “I love him so much though; more than I ever thought possible,” I finished.

He finally brought those sparkling brown eyes back up to mine. I couldn’t hold back my smile anymore.

“I love you, Todd,” I told him once he brought his hands up to rest on my hips.

“I love you too, Kylee… even if you don’t want to marry me,” he teased before he kissed my cheek.

“I never said I didn’t want to... it’s just… My whole mindset is set up like I was never going to. Now, that I’ve met you and you’re starting to talk about all of this, I have to rewire that sections of my brain,” I corrected him.

“How could someone not want to marry you? You’re everything I could ever want,” he softly said into my ear, making the tiniest goose bumps appear all over my body.

He chuckled at his effect on me before he left a soft kiss on my lips. I wanted more from this, but he stepped away from me. He smiled before he turned and started walking through his house.

“Come on, Ky. We don’t have time to make out. We have to pick up Kirstie,” he said over his shoulder.

I sighed and slowly followed. I’m still unsure about all of this. Todd’s better with voicing his feelings than I do. Oh well… I guess this will wait for another day. Kirstie’s coming home! And I want to hear about all of the cute European boys she met.
♠ ♠ ♠
SEQUEL! YYYEEEWWW! lol

Kylee & Todd

comment pretty please :)