Let the Walls Break Down

Off To Mend My Friendship With Kirstie

Kirstie hasn’t talked to me for almost a month… I hate it! it’s so awkward when we go to work or when she comes with Josh when he’s riding with Todd and I go. I’ve tried talking to her, but… she’s still so upset. I don’t blame her. I guess… I just wish she would say something… But she hasn’t.

Todd’s been trying to say anything he can to get me through this, but… it’s not working too well. Usually anything Todd says makes me feel better. Not with this though. She’s been my best friend ever since I can remember. To not talk to her for this long is so hard.

But I can’t let that bother me today. I have a doctor’s appointment and we can find out what we’re having. I want to know! Todd and I have had so may discussions about what it is. We honestly don’t care what it ends up being. We just like to talk about it.

The doctor asked that question: do you want to know the sex of your baby? HECK YES! She giggled before she told us that it looked like we were having a girl. The smile on Todd’s face was so adorable. When we walked out and got into his truck, he reached over and left the most loving kiss on my lips.

“I love you so much,” he whispered against my lips.

“I love you too… so much,” I smiled while my hand ran through his thick hair.

His own smile flashed over him before we shared another kiss. When we parted, he started driving home. I took my phone in my hands, preparing to call my parents, but… a thought came to me. I didn’t say anything to Todd. I just put my phone down and waited until he pulled into the driveway. Without saying a word, I grabbed the ultrasound pictures and hurried to my car.

“Where are you going?” he asked, looking at me oddly.

“Off to mend my friendship with Kirstie,” I replied, plopping down into the driver’s seat.

He smiled at me as I pulled out onto the road. I couldn’t hold in my own as I approached the studio. I knew Kirstie was in there. I was supposed to be too, but this little doctor’s appointment had to come first.

I hurried insides and didn’t hesitate to go right into her office. She glanced back to see who was coming in;probably thinking it was her JG. Once she saw me, she quickly turned back around.Do I look that horrible pregnant? But I was on a mission today. I plopped right down in the chair in front of her desk… and smiled.

“Hey,” I saida little too excitedly.

“Hi,” she said, keeping her eyes on her computer screen.

I couldn’t think of how to bring this up so I placed the ultrasound picture in front of her. It took her a second until she finally looked down. Once she did, she examined it with an odd look on her face. After a few moments, she looked up at me. All I could do was smile.

“We’re having a girl,” I said, feeling my smile grow.

She quickly looked back at the picture. She was eyeing something. Once she finally collected her thoughts, she spoke.

“The poor thing’s going to have Todd’s big head,” she teased, making us both giggle.

“All babies have big heads. It’s like the first thing that develops,” I said, defending my hot Toddie.

Her smile weakened as her eyes went back to her computer. Mine quickly fell as I took the picture back and looked over the fuzziness. A sigh came out of me. This isn’t working like I thought it would.

“Kirstie… I’m sorry I didn’t tell you,” I softly spoke. She didn’t turn to look at me, but her focus wasn’t on her computer anymore. Her eyes dropped down to the keyboard.

“It’s just… this is all new to me. I was freaked out and I wanted to keep it from everyone. I mean… I have to walk around nine months with this… baby inside of me. I know I should have told you right away, but… I was just scared, Kirstie,” I explained, feeling my eyes sting. Aw, come on! I haven’t cried in like three days. Why must my hormones act up now?

“It just hurt, Ky. I know I haven’t gone through any of this, but… I could have tried to help. And then I don’t see you other than here. I felt like Todd replaced me…” she softly spoke, still keeping her eyes away from me.

“Kirstie, no one can ever replace you. I may call Todd my best friend, but… you can have more than one best friend. He’s my husband that I’m so in love with and you’re my best friend that’s been there for me through so much. I couldn’t imagine being without either of you two,” I replied, feeling my tears threatening to fall.

She slowly swiveled around in her chair until her tearful eyes met mine. I tried to smile, but the result was both of us balling and pulling each other into a tight hug. Multiple sorry’s came out of us as we held onto each other. As we were still doing so, something fluttering in my stomach… something I never felt before. Apparently, Kirstie felt it to. She pulled away from me quickly and glanced down at my rapidly growing tummy.

“What was that?” she asked, acting like a freaking alien just smacked her in the face.

“I don’t know…” I replied as my hands ran over my stomach… and I felt it again. Was she… kicking? “Kirstie, I think she’s kicking,” I said, smiling so much.

She let out a happy squeal before she gently placed her hand above mine… and another flutter came out. We both smiled at each other, so happy for this moment.

“You’re the first person I told what we’re having and the first to feel her kick,” I said to her. “Does that make up for me not telling you?” I asked, hopeful that it was.

“No…” she replied, making my smile fade fast. “But… it is really exciting and I’m so happy for you and your papa bear. Your bear cub’s going to be so cute,” she squealed again before pulling me into a tight hug.

I smiled and hugged her back tightly. How crazy has today been? But I like it. I wish more days were as exciting as this… But I guess it doesn’t really matter. I have my best friend and my wonderful husband… and in a few more months I’ll have a beautiful baby girl.
♠ ♠ ♠
can you tell we're super excited with this story? lol

Ky & Todd

comment pretty please :D