Let the Walls Break Down

When Were You Going To Tell Me?

I’m sad to say Kylee and I haven’t been talking a whole lot these past few months. I have no clue what’s up with her and she won’t tell me. I’m not going to lie, it hurt me that she doesn’t want to tell me but I can’t make her talk to me. She seems to be avoiding me and I haven’t really made an effort to reach out to her because she just pulls away farther.

The phone interrupted my thoughts and so I walked out to the front desk to answer it and I pushed out a small hello into the device.

“Hello, this is Doctor Martin’s office and we were just calling to confirm your checkup for tomorrow since you’re into your second trimester,” the lady said.

“But I’m not pregnant,” I said confused.

“Is this Kylee Potter?” she asked.

“No this is Kirsten Miller,” I told her.

“I’m sorry about that,” she apologized as I told her no problem before hanging up.

So that’s what this is about, Ky’s having a baby. AND SHE DIDN’T TELL ME! I got only a moment to think about this before she came walking in the door.

“So, when were you going to tell me?” I asked as I leaned up against the desk and crossed my arms.

“Tell you what?” She asked pretending not to know and this only lit my fire.

YOU HAVING A BABY!” I yelled.

“I was going to tell you today,” She quietly said.

Today? After you’re what? Four months along?” I spat at her with tears starting to sting my eyes.

“I’m almost three,” She came back with.

“That makes it so much better. Kylee, I’m your friend; your best friend! How could you not tell me this? You were the first person I told when Josh and I had that issue!” I retorted.

“I’m sorry! No one knows except our parents… wait… How did you find out?” She asked me.

“The doctor’s office called… the same one we went to! They said they wanted to confirm that you were still going in tomorrow. At first they thought I was you. But once I said that I wasn’t coming in, because I’m not pregnant, they asked if this was Kylee Potter,” I angrily said.

“Kirstie, I’m sorry. I just didn’t want to tell anyone until I got into my second trimester,” She reasoned to me.

“You just don’t get it! You could have at least mentioned it. Oh, Kirstie, I think I may be pregnant. How hard is that?” I said to her. I thought we were closer than thatbut I guess not

“I can’t tell you anything other than sorry right now. I’m pregnant. There! I told you,” She threw at me.

I just whipped around and stomped into my office. I plopped down in my chair and pulled my knees up to my chest while tears fell like a waterfall. My fingers pushed some buttons on my phone before a calming voice greeted me.

“J..Josh,” I choked out as my voice cracked.

“Baby what’s wrong?” he asked starting to get worried.

“Can you come pick me up?” I asked as my voice trembled through tears.

“Of course sweetheart I’ll be right there okay,” he left me with before he hung up.

I cried until I heard his truck pull up so I ran out the door and into the passenger seat. I buckled my seat belt and Josh asked me what was wrong but I just told him to drive somewhere else first so he did as I asked. He pulled into a parking lot and told me to get in the backseat. He followed me back there then pulled me on his lap and wrapped me up in his loving embrace. I clung to him and cried on his shoulder.

“Tell me what’s wrong,” he softly said as he stroked my hair.

“Kylee’s three months pregnant and she didn’t tell me,” I cried.

“Woah Ky’s pregnant?” He said confused as I nodded my head.

“I’m just kind of hurt that she didn’t tell me. I mean were best friends and she didn’t want to tell me,” I said as my tears still came out.

“Baby she was probably just confused and with all the hormones and stuff,” he said trying to calm me down.

“It doesn’t make me feel any better,” I sniffled.

“Well I have something that might make you feel better,” He told me as he took one of his hands off of my back to pull something out of a bag.

“Aw it’s a teddy bear,” I cooed as I pulled the bear close to my body.

“I thought you might like him,” Josh smiled.

“I do, thanks Joshie. You always make me feel better,” I sighed as I laid my head back down on his chest and held my teddy bear tightly while Josh continued stroking my hair.

“Don’t worry. You and Kylee love each other, you just need time to cool off,” he soothed. I just hope he’s right….
♠ ♠ ♠
A comment Aly! posted: "Holy cow! I swear...every time i check up on this story..theres like 5 updates!" that's because you guys have been awesome with the comments, thanks!!!! and kylee and i have just been sooooo into this story!! i really love reading your comments though, a lot of them make me laugh!

Kirstie, Ky, JG and TP...sadly not Travis Pastrana, i'm stuck with Todd Potter....and Ky you better not comment on that!