Lestat's Winter's Breath

Chapter 10

As you exited the portal, your eyes widened in awe. It was the most beautiful place you had ever seen! The buildings were made of shimmering corals and gleamed in the colours of the sea in blues, greens and greys. Your were in awe of the astounding beauty of the undersea kingdom of Tir Na Nog.

"The world above is beautiful, but down here, under the waves, is even more beautiful," Lestat said, the awe in his voice reflecting exactly how you felt.

"That's the truest thing I've heard all day, Lestat," you said.

"Right this way, milady," Sheelin said.

"Lestat, come on," you said, poking him so he'd snap out of his trance.

Lestat reluctantly followed you and Sheelin. It was obvious he wanted to just look around some more but that would need to wait. The streets were busy with throngs of all kinds of undersea life, as well as nymphs, pixies and underwater myths. Sheelin led you and Lestat on a guided tour of the kingdom. She explained all the details and stories and everything you could think to ask.

"So, Sheelin, explain to me something, now, my dear. Where the fudge is Atlantis? Is it the same as Tir Na Nog or is it a separate city," you asked.

"Atlantis does in fact exist. Tit Na Nog is the capital city of all the udersea cities that make up the kingdom. They are liked with us and we with them. Each major ocean has a major undersea city. Tir Na Nog is the city of the Arctic Ocean and the capital of the empire of Tir Na Nog. Atlantis is the undersea city of the Atlantic Ocean, the ocean which is named after the city. In the Pacific is Pacifika, in the Antarctic is Crystalis, in the Indian is Vishnus. Each city has it's own culture and way of life but all are influenced in some way by a culture on land. Tir Na Nog, Irish/Newfoundland culture, Atlantis, Ancient Greece, Pacifika, the cultures of the Pacific Islands, both past and present, Vishnus by the culture of India, and Crystalis by the other ancient cultures, especially, the Maya, Inca and the Aztecs," Sheeling explained.

After staring at her blankly for a few minutes, you shook your head in disbelief.

"Is you for real?" you asked.

"Yes, I am for real," she stated.

"Okay," you said, unsure.

"May I ask you a question, milady?" Sheelin asked.

"I don't see why not," you stated.

"Are you ready to meet your parents?" she asked.

This completely took you off guard. Ready? To meet your parents? Absolutely! Why wouldn't you be? After all these years of never knowing the truth, never knowing their faces, you wanted to meet them desperately. You cast a side-long glance at Lestat and turned your gaze back to Sheelin.

"I'm ready. I'm more than ready. Let's do this!" you cried happily.

"I must tell you something though. When your parents came to Tir Na Nog they conceived three daughters. They were born as Sirens, and they sometimes tend to lure men to their deaths. Luckily for the boy children born here, they were born with an immunity to their Siren Call but they must work hard at maintain it as it sometimes tends to fade as the years pass. This is one of the reasons we were resistant to the idea of Lestat coming to the undersea kingdom. Forgive my concern, milady, but I feel that your sisters may try to take Lestat from you and kill him or torture him," she said.

You could feel her concern as you looked over at Lestat. He was still completely zoned out and looking at the scenery. Obviously he didn't hear a blasted thing. You gave him an elbow to the ribs in order to snap him out of it.

"Logic Lestat. Use your noggin," you growled under your breath.

You set your eyes back on Sheelin. In her hands she held two pearl bracelets, one for you, the other for Lestat.

"Please, Muirin take these. That way if you ever get separated, heavens forbid, you will be able to find each other. they also serve as signaling devices for if one is in danger, the bracelet of the other will tighten. It also has the bonus of allowing you to survive outside the city where the pressure is great," she said.

"Thank you Sheelin. I appreciate your concern for Lestat and I. It means a lot," you said and took the bracelets from her. "Lestat put this on or else!"

"Yes, mon chere," Lestat said quickly and attached the bracelt to his wrist.

"This way, please," Sheelin said and led the way into the throne room.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here is chapter ten (finally!). I hope you all enjoy it. It would have been out sooner except I'm wrapped up in a very good quadrilogy called "The Fallen". I'll hopefully have another chapter out soon so cross your fingers!