Lestat's Winter's Breath

Chapter 9

"Sheelin," you stated plainly.

"Muirin, you must come with us. You need to return to Tir Na Nog," she said.

"No, not without Lestat," you argued.

"Then we have no choice," Sheelin said sadly.

Sheelin summoned two heavy guards to force you back to the portal to Tir Na Nog. You fought hard against them all the way to the pond. Realizing that the quickest way for you to get clear was for you to fake compliance, you relaxed. As soon as the guards got to the bank of the pond, you felt their grip loosen enough for you to make a run for it. Using your vampiric speed, you slid your arms from their beefy hands and took off like a shot. You could hear the guards chasing you but they, being much larger and heavier than you, couldn't catch up. You ran and ran an ran until you got to the house. You used your mind gift to fling the door open and you bolted up the stairs to your room. You started grabbing clothes left and right and tossing them onto the bed, using your mind gift to fold them neatly and to find a suitcase. Lestat came running is just a a suitcase came flying off the top shelf of your closet and onto the bed.

"Muirin, where are you going?" he asked.

"Away," you replied.

"Away where?"

"I don't know ... Ireland!"

"Ireland?"

"Yes, Lestat, Ireland. Listen, I don't have time to argue. Those guards will be back for me any moment! I have to get away!"

"Muirin --"

"No, Lestat, it's too dangerous."

"I'm coming with you. I'm not losing you again!"

"Fine! Suit yourself! I haven't got time to argue!"

Lestat immediately went to start packing the essentials. In 2 minutes he was back, suitcase and all. One look at you and he knew you were ready as well. You both ran from the house and bought passage to Ireland, using cash so to not leave a paper trail. Once there, Lestat decided he'd like to stay in a castle. You didn't think it would be a good idea but Lestat wouldn't hear of staying anywhere else. You sighed and followed him reluctantly, muttering scathing remarks under your breath.

"Lestat, if you do ANYTHING stupid, I am kicking you arse to Never Never Land, you hear me?" you demanded/asked.

"Yes, yes of course," he said. You could tell by his answer that he really hadn't heard you so you kicked him.

"What was that for?" he asked.

"For being stupid and not listening!" you replied angrily.

"I heard you!"

"Then what did I just say?"

"You said you would throw me a party," he replied.

Your jaw dropped. your mouth began to turn into a small grin.

"A party? For you?" you asked in sarcastic shock.

"Yes," he said.

With that you burst out laughing. You laughed harder than you've ever laughed in your entire life. You kept laughing until bloody tears ran down your cheeks and Lestat had to shake you just to get your brain to turn back on.

"I'm sorry, Lestat. That was the funniest thing I ever heard!" you stated, laughter still evident in your voice.

"You can be an insensitive brat, you know," he said.

"I don't care," you said childishly and stomped off towards the entrance to the castle.

You were only pretending to be angry. You were starting to enjoy being childish now that you had the time to do so. You turned back to see if Lestat was following you.

"You coming?" you called.

Lestat chuckled and quickly caught up to you. You both went inside and spent the next three nights exploring every nook and cranny of the castle. Lestat could see you were enjoying castle life and took it upon himself to make sure you enjoyed it even more, as in dressing up in period costumes. You just couldn't help but laugh at him.

Several weeks later, you and Lestat got a surprise visit from Sheelin. Wouldn't you know it, she appeared when it was raining sheets outside. She approached you and handed you a scroll.

"What's this supposed to be?" you asked her.

"A new treaty. Seeing as you will not come to the land of Tir Na Nog without your precious Lestat, The Elders drew up a treaty that states he can come and stay with you in the undersea kingdom," Sheelin replied.

You looked at the treaty, looked back at Sheelin, back to the treaty, and back at Sheelin again. You looked her straight in the eye and asked, "What's the catch?"

"He must not leave your side. Ever. It would be too dangerous for him," she answered.

"Okay. Lestat? What say you?" you asked.

"I will go with you. I don't mind being by your side forever. It's the prettiest side I've seen in all of my long years," he said.

You blushed at his remark and agreed to go to the undersea kingdom of Tir Na Nog. You and Lestat packed your belongings and followed Sheelin to the gateway between the worlds. As Sheelin and Lestat entered the portal, you took one last look at beautiful Ireland, a land that reminded you so much of your home of Newfoundland. Both so beautiful, both so much like home.

"Muirin?" Lestat called.

"Coming, Lestat," you replied, snapping out of your reverie.

You quickly came to his side and both of you entered the undersea kingdom of Tir Na Nog together, as one.