Status: thanks for reading/commenting/subscribing!----check out the sequel summary>>>>>>

Cutting Out Paper Hearts

chapter three

May 09, 2010
It was my birthday, my fifteenth birthday. I was planning on doing nothing all day, but spend mindless hours watching TV with Denny. Now we were closer, but not as close as we had been when I was five. When the Barnes‘s were here.

“Bailey. Bailey. Bailey.” Denny shook me till he shoved me off my bed with a loud thud and, the ground, yeah it wasn’t too friendly. I groaned, stumbling onto my bare feet and tossing the blanket back onto my bed. Denny smiled at me innocently, his hands folded under his chin with slight baby blue puppy eyes. He sighed when I did nothing and ran a hand through his dirty blond hair. I, sadly, have been told I look a lot like him. “Bailey, mom wants you to come with me to say hello to the new neighbors.”

I could go with him, but they’re probably little whiny four-year olds and I’m not exactly in the mood to deal with annoying kids. Denny raised an eyebrow at me, waiting for the answer. “I’ll pass, thanks.” He rolled his eyes, tossing me over his shoulders so my head was by his ass. Denny ignored my protests and walked down the stairs. “Would…you…put…me…down? Your…ass…is in…my…face.”

“Suck it up, little lady.”

“I’d…rather…not.” Denny laughed, not setting me down when we finally reached the bottom of the stairs. Our mother waved to us, grinning, from the kitchen. I waved to her with a fake smile. Why would I be happy when I have to a)meet annoying new neighbors and b)I have a butt by my face.

“You’ll never guess who the neighbors are, Bay.” Denny rambled on as we walked a cross our front lawn to the lawn behind ours and then finally ending in the lawn beside that one. Basically we could have just gone diagonal, but Denny’s weird like that. He grinned, putting me down butt-first into the bright green, fresh-cut grass. A feminine laugh came from a few steps before me, followed by Denny soft chuckle. I glared up at my brother. “The Barnes are back!” Hell no.

“Nice to see you again, Bailey.” The female said, drawing my focus up to her. She was familiar, yes, but I couldn’t place a name to her. She had wavy red hair down to her shoulders, skin the color of vanilla ice cream, friendly blue eyes, and she was tall, very tall. She laughed at the expression on my face. “It’s Bethany.”

“Where do you want this Ma?” A male voice asked. Denny grinned at the boy who seemed about his age of 17 or a little older. The guy looked at Denny with a hint of confusion in his grey eyes before smiling at him. “Oh, hi Denny.”

“Thurstan.” My brother smiled, nodding his head a bit. Thurstan then looked down at me who was sitting in the grass still, gazing up at everyone. He smiled, but I was too much in awe. Why were they back here? “You remember Bailey, right?” The black-haired guy nodded his head, smiling down at me still. Now it was getting uncomfortable.

Thurstan turned back to his mother, fixing his grip on the box in his hands. “Oh, yeah, uh, where do I put my stuff?” Bethany ruffled up her eldest son’s hair before telling him to put it where ever he wanted to, unless Roydon and already set his stuff in the room. “”Kay Ma. Nice to see you guys again.” The boy walked off with a grin on his face.

“I’d love to catch up with you darlings, but I have to go find my son. Oh, please tell your mother and father I said hello.” Bethany nodded her head as a goodbye before turning off. Denny shook his head as if he was shaking away unwanted thoughts.

“Bethany?” She turned around and smiled at him. “My mom invited you guys to have dinner with us tonight as a welcome back kind of thing. It sort of almost slipped my mind there.” Bethany nodded, glancing over her shoulder at the teenage boy sitting on the small swing set left behind from the previous owners. She sighed, but nodded at my brother.

“When are we to be over, Denny?” I got up onto my feet. Why was I sitting in the grass that whole time; I don’t know.

“Uh, five and dinner’s at five-thirty. They wanted to catch up with you and your sons.” Bethany nodded before going over to her son and sitting in the swing beside him. We watched her rub his back, trying to make him look at her but he just wouldn’t. He just stared at his hands in his lap with interest. Denny grabbed my arm, tugging me with him back the way we had come.I couldn’t help but wonder what was up with Roydon.
♠ ♠ ♠
So i noticed it seems as though she's not showing any anger towards them, but she's just shocked. Anger will be seen in the next chapter, this is the first chapter i wrote so i'm still editting it just in case things to add up with the first two chapters.

thanks for reading. :) have an awesome day! Subscribe!
If yah have the time or notice something, leave a comment.{silent readers are fine by me too, since i'm one and i'm not gonna be a hypocrite.}