Status: thanks for reading/commenting/subscribing!----check out the sequel summary>>>>>>

Cutting Out Paper Hearts

chapter eight

Again I repeat, I really am not one for baby-sitting.

We weren’t even baby-sitting Roydon and he was the one who got injured. Nikki and Eddie were perfectly fine, in fact they were giggling and pointing at the fire. Thurstan was tugging on his hair and freaking out. He was pacing around, screaming at anyone who glanced at him. Denny tried to comfort him but Thurstan just blew up on him so Denny sat with the little kids silently. I ran a hand through my hair, sitting beside Denny who kept asking the twins questions. “I think they’re okay, Den, so shut it.” I snapped after the fifth time he asked them if they were okay. Denny gave me a weird look before sticking his tongue out at me.

“What if he’s dead? What if-oh my god, he’s probably dead and I never got to say goodbye. Ah, Mom’s going to kill me if he’s dead. I can’t believe this is happening! Why didn’t I grab him; he’s my firkin brother. He should have been-” Thurstan went on and on while firefighters went to get Roydon and to kill the fire in our kitchen. I watched Thurstan stop pacing and come sit beside me, leaning his head on my shoulder with a sniffle. Ignoring my feelings toward him, I hugged Thurstan and tried to comfort him. “I-I’m scared, Bailey, what if Roydon’s dead?”

“He isn’t dead, Thurstan.” I told the boy, rubbing his back.

“H-How do you kn-know that?”

“Because they’re bringing him out of the house right now and he’s looking around for his family.” It brought a smile to my lips to watch Thurstan lift up his head and grin. Roydon was put down in the grass where he instantly laid down as still as if he were dead. We crawled over to him; some faster than others. I sat beside Thurstan who ran his hands through his little brother’s hair and smiled down at him. Denny was on my other side, patting Roydon’s knee gently. No one else seemed to notice his ghostly paleness and the baby flinch he got whenever Denny’s hand would come in contact with his knee. But I noticed.

“Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god, he’s dying, oh my-” I punched Nikki’s arm, making her whine and rub it vigorously. She glared at me, but at least she stopped saying ‘oh my god’. Roydon sat up slowly, rubbing his elbow for no reason. “That hurt, Bailey.”

“I know, that’s why I hit you.” Roydon smiled ghostly. Thurstan stood up, running over to his mom when the car pulled up onto the curb. Denny stood up and followed after the other boy like a lost puppy while the twins ran up their parents. Nikki whining about how I hit her which only made my mom give me a look and Jenna chuckle. Jenna’s a cool parent unlike my mom. Harper gave me a look, but said nothing. “Are you okay, Roy?”

His smile filled out into a giant grin. “I’m a little ache-y, but other than that, I’m okay. Help me up, Bails?”

The hatred I had toward Roydon vanished a little bit after hearing him call me Bails after so long. He used to call me that when we were best friends back at age five.

But since I’m stubborn, I still hate him. That thought brought a smile to my face while I helped the small boy up off the grass. Maybe I do forgive him a little more than I thought.
♠ ♠ ♠
:) aww.

[thanks for the comment, xixamxaddictedx2uhun]