Status: On Hold

Friendship is Another Word for Love

Chapter 6

I was putting the final touches on my make-up when there was a knock at my door. I did a quick once over in the mirror before opening it. Patrick stood there wearing a tan suit and his signature smirk.

“You look beautiful, Alyssa.” He said walking into the living room.

“Thank you. You don’t look so bad yourself. You clean up nicely.” I smiled. Wow, could I sound any cheesier?!

“You should know this.” He smiled back.

I laughed and went back to my bathroom to make sure I turned off my straight iron. When I was satisfied that everything was good to go I went back to the living room. Patrick had my wrap that I had laid out in his hand. He held it out for me when he saw me.

“Are you ready to go?” He asked, wrapping me up.

“Yeah, I think so.” I turned on the little table lamp and locked up.

Patrick held my hand as we walked to his SUV and my stomach did tiny flips. Something tonight felt different then when Patrick and I went out together. Maybe because he asked me and we were all dressed up? I don’t know what it is but it was making me nervous.

Patrick wouldn’t tell me where we were going and it was driving me crazy. He knew that I didn’t like surprises and this was very amusing to him.

“Patrick, please tell me where we are going?” I begged for the hundredth time.

He kept his eyes on the road ahead and smiled. “Nope.”

I groaned and threw my head against the head rest while Patrick chuckled.

“Don’t laugh. You know I don’t like surprises.” I said.

“Chill, Lys. You’re going to love this place.”

I didn’t answer, I just sat there quietly watching the busy city go by. About ten minutes later Patrick pulled into a parking lot and a valet came to his door. Whoa, talk about fancy. I looked over at Patrick who just smiled at me and got out of the car. After he handed over his keys, Patrick made his way to my side of the car and helped me out.

We were seated in a secluded corner of the restaurant with plants everywhere. Patrick ordered a bottle of wine and asked for the specials.

“Tonight’s pasta special is shrimp alfredo with a side salad. Today’s soup is French Onion.” The waiter recited.

“I will have the Shrimp Alfredo.” I smiled. That was my favorite.

“Okay, and for you sir?”

“Um, I’ll have the Prime Rib.”

The waiter nodded and left us alone, but returned minutes later with the bottle of wine. He poured each of us a glass and then set the bottle in the bucket of ice.

I couldn't believe that Patrick could afford this place. Okay, actually I could because Patrick was, well Patrick. I still couldn't believe that I was here with him though. I have been waiting for something like this for a while now and I finally was getting it. I just hope we don't mess things up.

We sat there in silence, it wasn't awkward silence, just good silence. Soon after the waiter brought me my salad and we started to talk about little things like Jayzmnn and my job. I told him that they were going to let me work from home, but that occasionally I was going to have to go into the agency. I was a secretary for a real estate company, so there wasn't a high demand for me at the office. About 15 minutes later our waiter brought out the main course and we began to eat, but that didn't stop our conversation. We continued to talk about life once Jazmynn was home and laugh about things, but in the back of my mind I was still wondering about what Pat had said the other night. I wanted to bring it up but I wasn't sure how he was going to react to it.

"Um, Pat. Can I ask you a question?" I asked quietly, playing with the pasta on my plate. Not looking at him.

He put his fork down and looked at me, but I still didn't look at him. "Sure."

"It's about the other night."

"What about it?" He asked, shifting in his seat.

I was so nervous. I didn't know how to say it. I took a deep breath and just said it. "Um, I kinda heard what you said before you went to sleep the night I stayed over. After we went to the club." I continued to play with the pasta on my plate, my appetite on pause.

Patrick chuckled nervously and rubbed the back of his neck. “You heard that?” He asked quietly. “I thought you were asleep.”

“So you didn’t mean it?” I asked, trying to keep my emotions in check.

Patrick sighed and took my hand that was resting by my plate. I finally looked at him and he smiled softly at me. “I meant it Alyssa. I still mean it. I want you to be mine. I want to have something with you that’s more than friendship.”

My lips parted slightly, and I just sat there. Patrick wanted me to be his girlfriend.

He grabbed my hand and I came back down to reality. "I like you Lys, I have for quite some time now. Your breathtaking and extremely gorgeous. I get jealous when other guys just look at you. Your eyes remind me of emeralds and it's the most beautiful thing. Also seeing you with Jazmynn was one of the sexiest things I've seen." He smirked and I slapped his arm.

He took a deep breath and looked away. He looked back at me and smiled. "Alyssa, what I'm trying to say is, will you be my girlfriend?"
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay He finally asked her!

Gotta give credit to Cellina for ending this, I was having some trouble coming up with it. THANKS GIRL =)

COMMENT AND TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK!

Ps...sorry if there are any mistakes...it's late and I didn't feel like editing. So sue me.