Status: On Hold

Friendship is Another Word for Love

Chapter 5

***********************************Patrick’s POV***********************************

It has been almost a week since I have seen or spoken to Alyssa and it was slowly driving me insane. I was too afraid to call her because deep in the back of my mind I knew she heard me that night. Something just kept nagging at me.

“Just call her and tell her for real.” Jon kept telling me.

Yeah, just call her and tell her. Right, I was being a huge pussy right now. I was afraid to call my best friend. I sighed and leaned on my hockey stick. I shouldn’t be having thoughts like I am about my best friend. After seeing her with Jazmynn the other day, I couldn’t help but picture her and I as a family.

“Ay yo Kaner! Pull your head out of your ass and get back to practice!” Adam yelled from center ice.

I sighed again and skated over to the rest of the team. I made sure to spray Burish with the ice from my skates. While Jon was explaining what he wanted us to do, I spaced out again. Alyssa was probably getting Jazmynn’s room together because she would be coming home next week. I wonder if she’d let me go with her to pick it up? My thoughts where inturruped by coach blowing his whistle, signaling the start of the drill. Shit, what was the drill? I looked to my left and right and saw that we were working on our lines and passing. I got this.

***
I was sitting in the locker room unlacing my skates after practice, when I felt someone sit down next to me. I looked up and saw Jon sitting there.

“You were thinking about her again weren’t you?” He asked, a smile playing on his lips.

I sighed and placed my head in my hands. “Yeah I was. I can’t get her out of my mind Tazer. The way she was with Jazmynn just did something to me.”

“Turned you on?”

“Fuck you. Not just that, I don’t know how to explain it.” I sighed

“You have feelings for her.” Jon stated

I nodded and ran my hands through my hair. “Jon, you’re my best friend, so I have to tell you that I have never felt like this before.”

Jon chuckled beside me. “Pat, just call her and ask her out. We all know you are like in fucking love with her.”

I stood up and looked at Jon. “You’re right. I need to step up and ask her out.”

“Be careful though Pat, if you get too into this and something doesn’t work out it’s not just Alyssa you’re going to be hurting you’ll hurt Jazmynn too and her heart is way more fragile.” Sharpy commented from across the room.

I nodded and finished getting undressed so I could take a shower. I needed to call Alyssa and ask her out.

****************************Alyssa’s POV*******************************

Kiara had just left my place after an afternoon of shopping for Jazmynn when my phone began to ring. When I noticed that it was “Secret Valentine” by We the Kings I was suddenly nervous. It was Patrick.

“Hey Patrick, what’s up?” I asked when I answered.

“Nothing much, just haven’t talked to you in a while. How’s everything going?” he asked

“Good, Kiara and I just did some shopping after we had lunch. How was practice?” God, this conversation seemed so awkward.

“It was good. Listen, the reason I was calling was to see if you were doing anything tonight.”

“I’m not. Why do you have something in mind?”

Patrick cleared his throat. “I do actually. Have dinner with me tonight Alyssa?” He asked quietly.

I was shocked, Patrick was actually asking me out. “Sure Pat, I would love to.”

“Sweet, I’ll pick you up at seven. Dress nicely,”

“What do you mean?”

“You know that black dress you were for last year’s benefit banquet? Wear that.”

I chuckled. “Okay then. I guess I’ll see you tonight then.”

“Yep.”

“Okay. Bye Pat.”

“See ya Lys.”

I closed my phone and did a little dance around my living room. I was going out to dinner with Patrick. Before I jumped into the shower I sent Kiara a text, even her response couldn’t bring me down from this high. I was going on a date with my best friend.
♠ ♠ ♠
2nd part. It's kinda a filler but kinda not. Okay I tried to link the video for Secret Valintine, but it didn't work so check it out =)

again...COMMENT