Status: Active;

Never let go.

Twenty one.

“Everyone onto the bus.” Paul said, as we stood in the clubhouse. I was chatting away with Jess, Danielle and Demi about the next little Jonas on the way.

“Can you imagine, a little Kevin running around?” Demi said, practically cooing to herself. The three of us turned to look at her, our eyebrows narrowed. “What?” She said, going slightly red. I grinned at her, before we all laughed.

“You were just like all broody then.” Jess said to her, hip bumping her. We all laughed as Demi pushed Jess into John.

“Oi, watch it.” He said, pushing her back towards us again. We burst into laughter and stopped in front of the bus. We all looked at Demi, then back the bus where everyone was getting on it.

“See you later.” Demi said to me, leaning forward, giving me a sneaky wink. I rolled my eyes, but hugged her anyway. I climbed into the bus, as everyone else said goodbye to Demi. I sat in the middle of the bus, lying across two chairs. As everyone climbed onto the bus, I pulled out my phone and started to retweet things on Twitter. I laughed as someone tweeted me, ‘is Kevin’s hair real?!’ Suddenly, someone tapped my legs, making me look up at and see Joe’s face. He gave me a half smile, before I swung my legs down so he could sit down. I looked over at him as he ran his fingers through his hair. He looked over at me, and I sent him a small smile.

“James is nice.” He tore his eyes away from mine. I looked at him, my eyebrows narrowed.

“Oh please?” I muttered, looking out of the window intently. I felt Joe shift uncomfortably beside me, before his hand on my knee. “You hardly spoke to him or me for that matter.” I turned my head around to see Joe biting his lip awkwardly.

“I’ve been busy, y’know?” He practically whispered, as everyone walked onto the bus, patting Joe on the shoulder. “I have more of a life than just you Iz.” I rolled my eyes, remembering how many time he has said it.

“Well it’s that complete bullshit then isn’t it?” Joe looked at me, as if I had grown another head. “Because earlier you told me that I meant the world to you.”

“I am not arguing with you about this.” He hissed at me as the bus started to move. “Y’know you mean the world to me, you are my world, but--”

“But sometimes you just need some space, yeah?” I said to Joe, almost spitefully. He nodded his head, before looking away from me. I shook my head at how pathetic he was being, before I stood up, on a moving bus.

“What are you doing?” He asked me, basically pulling on my hand to make me sit down. I ripped my hand out of his, before moving into the seat next to Garbo. He looked at me, confused before I sighed and leant backwards.

“Joe wants space; this is me giving him space.” I said, before leaning my head against his shoulder. He chuckled, placing a kiss onto my forehead. “He is sometimes an actual dickhead.” I emphasised on dickhead, making sure that Joe could hear me. Ryan, who was sitting next to me, looked over at me, confused.

“Joe.” We said at the same time, laughing. I rolled my eyes at Ryan, who was poking me. “Please? Leave me alone before I eat you.” I threatened him. His eyes widened, before he removed his finger from my side.

“Now gorgeous,” Rob said to me, his head appearing between mine and Garbo’s. “Why does Joe want space from something as precious as you?” I rolled my eyes, but laughing at the man.

“Because I mean the world to him.” The three men looked at me, completely confused, but shrugged it off.

“You are his world, Iz.” Garbo said to me. “If I had a dollar from everything he spoke about you, I’d buy America from whoever owns it.” I chuckled at Garbo’s over exaggeration. “Serious Izzie. He’s mad for you, and even if you confront him about it, then you’ll be satisfied.”

“Home.” Paul announced from the front of the bus, getting me away this awkward conversation. I jumped away from the men, before standing next to Jess. She gave me a dodgy look, before I bumped hips with her and laughed. “Now, good game guys. Amazing game!” Paul yelled, patting each of us on the back as we ran off the bus. I looked over at Jess, before giving her a half smile.

“I’m going to have a nap before--” I stopped myself before I mentioned about tonight. She nodded her head, understanding, before I wandered back into my house, not even saying anything to anyone knowing that I would see them later. I sighed, as I entered the vast emptiness of my house. I kicked my shoes off, before walking upstairs. I flopped onto my bed; almost face first onto my bed, before my eyes began to shut themselves.

NeverLetGo.

“C’mon, Iz, please wake up.” Someone said, shaking me. I rolled over to see the face of Danielle Jonas. “Morning.” She said, after I sat up and rubbed my eyes. I sighed, before pushing my hair out of my face.

“Afternoon.” I replied, smiling at her. “How long have I been asleep?” She shrugged her shoulders, before standing up, showing off her productive bump. I grinned at her. “How’s baby Jonas?” I asked, standing up on my bed.

“Alright actually. Baby Jonas is actually getting bigger and bigger, and kicking more and more, but apart from that, baby Jonas is fine.” I grinned at her, before hugging her from where I was standing. She shook her head at me, before shuffling out of the room. I laughed, before falling back down onto my bed and Jess walked in.

“How are you?” She asked, smiling at me. I shrugged my shoulders before sighing. “Seriously, what happened between you and Joe?” She came and sat next to me on the bed, looking at me.

“He said he wanted space.” I replied, not looking at her. “What is that meant to mean? We aren’t together or anything. I’m his best friend!” Jess just laughed at me, which made me smile.

“Because he needs space to get over you.” She said, attempting to be funny. I gave her one big shove, and she ended up on my bedroom floor. I burst into laughter, but helped her back onto the bed. “You’re such a lovely sister.”

“I know.” I grinned at her. “And you’re getting married, in like a year.” She took a deep breath and nodded her head. “Please tell me you aren’t having second thoughts?” She turned her head to me.

“I don’t know, Iz. Because I’m only 17, and I’m getting married. It seems…crazy.” I wrapped my arms around her shoulders, squeezing them before laughing at her.

“Shut up, and go make yourself look pretty.” I winked at her, before she looked at me like I was crazy. “Just go get in a dress and make yourself pretty.” I kissed her cheek, before she walked out of my bedroom, clearing confused. I laughed to myself, before grabbing the dress I had picked out earlier and wandered into the bathroom, grabbing underwear on the way in. I stripped down my Road Dogs uniform and jumped into the shower, washing my hair, and shaving what was necessary. I jumped out, drying myself and getting changed. I walked back into my room to see Joe sitting on my bed, his legs crossed and wearing sweats and a tank top.

“Izzie.” He whispered, as I grabbed my hair brush and started to brush my wet hair. “Can you listen to me just for 2 minutes?”

“I am listening to you.” I practically hissed at him, my inner anger showing. “I always listen to you.” He jumped off his bed, and walked over to me, putting his hands on his hips.

“I didn’t mean what I said on the bus.” He said, shaking his head. “No, I did mean it, just not in that sense.”

“Joe, can you stop? Your mood swings are giving me whiplash.” He laughed, being slightly sarcastic. “Seriously, Joe. You can’t make your mind up, so when you can please, let me be the one you tell first.” We both stared at each other, before Joe started to pace around my room.

“You changed, Izzie. And I won’t deny, I don’t like it.” I rolled my eyes, before looking at Joe. “You would never ditch me for a guy before James came along. Any other person, they would be second compared to me.”

“Is that what it is then Joe?” I started to raise my voice, unknowingly. “You’re jealous.” Joe chuckled, making me get even more annoyed. “Because I can actually hold a relationship, and you can’t hold anyone because you are too afraid of letting go the fragile part of you. You feel like if you trust someone, then they have the power to break you!” Joe looked at me, his eyes tearing up. I know that all his relationships had rough endings, and it was a low blow to attack him life that.

“I guess that’s true then isn’t it?” I narrowed my eyebrows at him. “I’m afraid of letting someone in because I know that there is a fragile part of me, that someone could break. I’m afraid of letting go the fragile part of me. I’m afraid of commitment because someone could walk into my life, change it forever and then just walk back out.” Me and Joe stood in my room, the only sound was our breathing. I took a step forwards, which made Joe back away “I can’t do this know, I’ve got to get ready.” He mumbled, before walking back out. I growled to myself, before throwing the hairbrush against the wall, making a massive dent in it. I winced, knowing that I would be in trouble later for it.

“Izzie.” Reece’s voice came from my bedroom door. I spun around to see him standing there, a tie in his hand. “Mummy sent me so you could do this.” He handed me the tie, which made me smile. My 5 year old brother was now wearing a tie. I bent down and done up his tie, just like I had done many times for Joe. Suddenly, I could feel my eyes watering and a tear ran down my cheek. “Why are you crying?” He asked, wiping away the tear. “Don’t cry Izzie.” I wrapped my arms around my baby brother’s neck.

“I’m alright, baby boy.” I said to him, before letting him go. “Just had a little tiff with Joe, that’s all.”

“You are always arguing with Joe, that’s why I worry.” He placed a small kiss onto my cheek, before wandering out of my room. I stared at the place both Reece and Joe had left from. Having different conversations with both of them, but they both made me feel the way. I sighed, before grabbing my hairdryer in anger and attempted to dry my hair. While I was drying my hair, I began to get hot and aggravated. I threw my hairdryer down onto the dresser before sighing. I left my hair damp, before putting on a little bit of mascara, not attempting with anything. I sighed, before walking downstairs and into the lounge.

“So, my baby boy came into my room, while I was getting changed and told me you were having an argument with Joe.” I nodded my head, before sitting down on the couch. “What did he do this time?”

“It’s my fault as well.” I admitted. “It started with Joe telling me that he needed space which made no sense, because it’s not like I’m clinging onto him anyway. Then I basically said that he was afraid of commitment and a baby. Then he walked away from.” My mum sighed, before shaking her head.

“Someday, me and Denise will lock you both into a room and make sure you sort it out.” I laughed, and smiled at my mum. “Seriously, Isabelle. All you and Joe seem me to do is argue.” I nodded my head, agreeing with her.

“I know, and it’s over petty things.” My mum gave me a look of confusion before I sighed. “Okay, they aren’t petty; the first one was over me not telling him about James, this one is about me making him feel pathetic.”

“You both are acting like children.” My mum said, before Reece came running in. I stood up and grabbed his hand

“Make sure that Jess comes over in like, half hour, okay?” I said to her, before she nodded her head. I grinned at her, then Reece, before skipping out of the room. I picked up the little clutch bag I had and put on a pair of heels. I helped Reece into his tiny pair of Converse and smiled down at him. “Ready to go buddy?” I asked him and he nodded his head, showing me all his baby teeth. I held his hand and lead him outside to see a load of people outside the Jonas’s, holding cameras. “Reece, you are going to have to trust me.” I said, making him clearly confused. “I’m not getting you lost in there, so you are going over the fence.” He cheered, before we made our way over to the back yard. I pulled my phone out, calling Kevin.

“How can I help you?” He asked, making me laugh.

“There are cameras everywhere. Can you get Reece from the back yard?” I hoped Kevin would say yes, I was not getting my 5 year old brother lost in all those people.

“Sure.” He replied, making me smile. “Be there in 2 seconds.” He said, before hanging up. I put my phone back in my bag before seeing Kevin’s curly head.

“Catch.” I said, picking Reece up and handing him to Kevin. “I’ll walk over.” I said, before he offered to carry me over the fence, because that would have just been weird. I grabbed hold of my bag before making my way over to the Jonas’s, pushing my way through the crowd of cameras, before knocking on the front door as hard as I could. Suddenly, just as one of the paparazzi grabbed my arm, I looked around to see what on earth he was going, when someone else grabbed my arm from the other side of the door, pulling me into the house.

“You can’t keep out of trouble for 2 minutes can you?” He hissed at me, as he slammed the door shut from all the photographers. I looked up at Joe, before rolling my eyes at him and wandering into the lounge. I sat down on the couch next to Ryan, who was picking at his cast.

“Isabelle!” Rob Hoffman yelled, making me look up at him. “You are looking stunning.” He walked over to me, making me stand up, giving him a hug. “Your dress is a little short.” He said, tugging at the bottom of it.

“Please, like you don’t care?” I winked at him, placing a kiss on his cheek, before sitting back down. “How’s your leg?” I asked Ryan, who looked very uncomfortable.

“Achey.” He replied, making me laugh. “What kind of idiot breaks his leg days before a game?” Reece sauntered over, and sat down in my lap.

“This kind of idiot.” Reece said, pointing at Ryan, making everyone in the room laugh. Suddenly, he was taken off my lap and being spun around the room by Garbo.

“If he throws up, it’s your fault.” Denise said as she walked into the room, her eyebrows raised at Garbo. “And you can clean it up.” Garbo put my baby brother on the floor, who started to stumble around. “Drink you two?” She asked me and Reece, which lead us to both nod our heads.

“I’ll have a Diet Coke and Reece will have a juice.” I said, poking him in the nose before he started to pout at me.

“Don’t worry buddy.” Rob picked him up, grinning at him. “I’ll let you have some of my beer, sound good.”

“You go near him with any sort of alcohol Rob; you’ll be in a lot of trouble.” My mum said as she walked into the room, taking my baby brother off the crazy man who was offering alcohol to my 5 year old brother. I looked over at my mum, confused.

“Where’s Jess?” I asked her, a little worried that she could walk in any minute now, while we weren’t ready.

“Nick is over there.” My mum said, before walking out of the room. I screwed my nose up before everyone started to cheer in a creepy kind of way.

“And if they aren’t here in half an hour, we send grumpy over there.” I laughed, knowing Jack meant sending Joe over there as he was sulking in the hallway. “What is wrong with him?” Jack asked everyone in the room, which only consisted of me, Rob, Ryan, and Garbo. I waved my hand in the air, biting my lip softly.

“We had an argument.” I mumbled, before looking around at everyone. “It’s kinda pathetic; I made a low blow about his relationship.” The boys all winced together, making me roll my eyes.

“Really, Isabelle?” Ryan said, poking me in the side. “Y’know, what he was like with Taylor, Camilla. Bringing up his relationships is such a low blow.”

“I know, I know. But he was saying that I had changed, and I couldn’t take it. Have I changed?” I asked the three men. They shared a look before Demi entered the room.

“Hello my lush lads.” She said, getting a hug from the three men who has attempting to get away from the conversation we were having. “And hello my beautiful bitch.” She said, before hugging me.

“Was you just trying to sound cool?” I asked, as she attempted alteration.

“I am cool.” She said, making me laugh. “Where is everyone else?”

“Nick and Jess are at mine. Joe’s sulking somewhere and the power couple are in the kitchen.” I informed her, before she skipped out of the room. I laughed, before Joe walked into the lounge.

“Isabelle.” He said, making everyone look at him. They knew that Joe would only call me Isabelle when he was annoyed at me. I looked over at him, my eyebrows raised at him. “Can I talk to you?” He asked, crossing his arms. I sighed under my breath before standing up and walking outside with him. “Look, today is Nick and Jess’s day; let’s not get our argument in the way of it.”

“I don’t want to argue with you, Joe.” I said, throwing my hands up in the air. “I never what to argue with you. It’s silly.”

“But is it, Isabelle?” He asked, sounding even more annoyed at me then he did earlier. “I mean, I can’t let anyone in, can I?” I sighed and copied the exact same position Joe was in. “Well, there we go then.” He muttered, before walking away. I growled under my breath, before Demi walked back into the hallway, giving me a knowing look.

“Don’t give me that look.” I said, shaking my head at her.

“Iz, you know that’s a sore subject for Joe.” She said, making me feel even worse than I normally did. “How did it come up?”

“I don’t know.” I ran my fingers through my hair, before looking at Demi. “I was annoyed at him, because he told me he wanted space. Space, what does that mean?” I sighed.

“I don’t know, Iz. It’s Joe; he can never make up his mind.” I nodded my head, agreeing with her. “And space? Maybe he is confused about--”

“Don’t even say feeling Demetria Lovato, otherwise you’ll have my toes for breakfast.” I punched her in the arm, then we both laughed. “Now, let’s go see the power couple.” I said, linking arms with her and walking into the kitchen. Kevin and Danielle were cuddled up against the counter, while Denise rushed around, Paul and Frankie watching her.

“At least you could help her.” Demi said, before taking a seat at the counter. I rolled my eyes before looking over at Denise.

“Would you like any help?” I offered, wondering where mum and Reece was. “Because it seems like no one else is.” I said, before everyone threw their excuses in.

“I’m pregnant.”

“I’m allergic to fruit.”

“I’m doing homework.”

“I’m helping Frankie with his homework.”

“You are pathetic.” I told them, shaking my head. I looked over a\t Denise, sending her a smile. “Do you want me to do anything?”

“Could you give the boys their beers please?” I nodded my head, grabbing four bottles.

“Wait, give me one.” Kevin said, taking one hand off Dani’s stomach to grab one off me. “Cheers love.” He winked at me, before drinking away at it.

“See now I have to get another one.” I rolled my eyes, putting the other 3 bottles down, before walking to the fridge, grabbing another bottle and undoing it. I grabbed the four of them, before wandering into the lounge.

“Ah, and this is why I love you.” Garbo said, before kissing my cheek and grabbing a beer off me. I sighed, before Jack and Rob grabbed the other two off me. I walked over to Ryan, giving it to him before smiling.

“Cheers.” He mumbled, before sipping it. I wandered off back into the kitchen and sat down at the table.

“Is that you done then?” Demi asked as if she was my mother. I rolled my eyes, before kicking her under the table. She stuck her tongue out at me and then my phone rung in my bag, making me smile.

“Hello?” I answered, knowing exactly who it was. “What’s up?” I winked at Demi, who seemed really confused.

“Hey, I’m outside your house sitting in my car, I’m feeling a little stupid.” I chucked, before standing up.

“Okay, I’ll be there in two seconds.” I said, before we said our goodbyes and hung up. I grinned at them before standing up and walking out, making everyone in the kitchen confused. I wandered out the front door to see James sitting in the car, wearing a shirt. I smiled at him, before walking down the driveway, where unfortunately for me, the paparazzi were still hanging around. I pushed my way through so I could get to his car. I pulled the door open, and climbed in. “Get me away from them for a while.” I mumbled, pushing my hair out of my face. James looked at me, as if I was crazy. “You go out there wearing a dress like this.” I said, pulling it down slightly. He looked at me, with his eyes wide open. “Don’t you start as well.” I tapped him on the nose before laughing.

“I was going to say you look amazing, but if you are going to be like that, fine then.” He crossed his arms over his chest, turning his back to me. I tapped him on the shoulder, and he looked over his shoulder at me.

“Kiss me.” I whispered and he grinned at me. He turned around properly and took my face in his hands, pressing his lips against mine. I smiled once he let me go. “Happy now?” I asked him. He nodded his head, before he dived out of the car and opened my side for me. I flashed my teeth at him, before stepping out, taking his hand. I pushed my way through the crowd, getting annoyed at how many people were hanging around with their cameras. I pushed the door open to the Jonas’s, and sighed. James looked at me, astonished.

“Never seen this side of you.” He said, laughing to himself. I shrugged my shoulders.

“You haven’t seen anything yet.” I winked at him, before dragging him into the lounge. All of the band, including Kevin and Danielle were sitting across the sofa, everyone drinking alcohol of some sort while Danielle sat with a can of coke. I chuckled, before sitting on the arm of the couch were she was sitting. James stood beside me, his arm wrapped around my shoulder. “How’s your coke?” I asked, giving her shoulder a nudge.

“Shut up, Iz.” She mumbled, before cuddling up to Kevin’s arm. I chuckled, before looking up at James, who was looking around the room.

“It’s nice to see you again, James.” Rob said, shaking his hand like a polite gentleman. I winked at Rob, like a little thank you to him.

“Do you want a drink?” I asked James, who nodded his head in response. I stood up, and grabbed his hand, leading him into the kitchen, where Denise, Paul and mum stood, chatting. “Hey.” I said, announcing our presence.

“Nice to see you again, James.” Paul shook his hand, making me smile. I stood between mum and Denise, smiling.

“What do you want? We have coke, beer.” I said, looking through the fridge. “And that’s about it.” I laughed to myself, before looking over my shoulder at James.

“I’ll have a coke please, I’m driving.” I tossed him one, before grabbing a diet coke for myself. I looked a massive gulp, feeling the bubbles go down my throat. I shuddered, before walking over to James who wrapped his arm around my waist. Suddenly, Joe waltzed in with a face like thunder. “Hey.” James said, trying to be friendly. Joe looked at him, before grabbing a coke and walking out. I shared a look with the three grown-ups in the room before looking at James.

“I’ll be right back.” I mumbled, before walking out of the kitchen, seeing Joe walking into the lounge. I didn’t care who was in there, I stormed right in and grabbed his arm. “How dare you?” I yelled, making everyone’s conversations stop to look at me. “All he was doing was trying to be friendly, and you have a face like thunder!” Clearly everyone was confused, but Joe understood and stared back at me. “You just need to accept it okay?”

“Accept what, Isabelle?” I jumped at the volume of Joe’s voice. Suddenly, Rob was at my side as I started to get more and more annoyed. “The fact that he is stealing my best friend!” Even though the door was shut, I’m pretty sure that James could hear me. “Or the fact that I don’t know who you are anymore?” I lunged forwards Joe, but Rob grabbed my arm before I could step forward. I looked over at Joe, my so-called best friend with a hate that I never had felt before.

“I hate you!”
♠ ♠ ♠
...
wow.
also, if you know the song that i've secretly hidden in this chapter, then inbox me with it and i'll dedicate the next chapter to you, which is a pretty big one.