Status: Active;

Never let go.

Twenty.

I smiled over at James, before I tugged on his head. “Look if they annoy you, or are too personal, tell me and I’ll kick their arses.” James chuckled, bumping me with his hip.

“I can look after myself, I’m a big boy.” I laughed, throwing my head backwards. James winked at me, before we walked over to the stairs, which lead to the field. I sighed, before climbing up them. I could see all the fans to start with then Nick storming over to me.

“Where the hell have you been? I say to you 2 minutes, and then 5 minutes later here you are!” He yelled at me, throwing his hands up in the air. I sighed, and glared at Nick, before turning to James.

“Nick, this is James.” I exaggerated James’s name, so Nick understood why. Nick nodded his head, before leaning over to shake his hand. I mouthed thanks to Nick, and he winked at me. “Right, let’s throw you deep end in.” I muttered, as I saw Joe and Kevin walking over to me. Then I started to panic, I knew what they were like with anyone’s boyfriend. They became overly obsessive over whoever he is dating, in this case, me.

“I’ll keep an eye on them.” Nick whispered, as they stood in front of me.

“Kev, Joe, this is James.” I introduced them to James, who shook their hands, and smiled.

“Alright?” Joe nodded his head, in a weird kind of way. James grinned at him, before making me smile.

“Hey.” James replied, doing the same head thing. I watched as Joe’s and Kevin’s eyes travelled down to my hand, where it held onto James’s hand as tight as I could with nerves.

“Isabelle.” Garbo called me from the other side of the field. I looked between Joe’s and Nick’s shoulders to see him waving at me. I sighed, before looking at the four boys standing around me.

“I have to go.” I said, before dashing off. I sighed, before looking over my shoulder to see the four of them chatting away. I looked over at Garbo, who had a ridiculous smirk on his face. I stuck my middle finger up at him, before walking over to him. “What do you want?” I asked him, placing my hand on my hips.

“Jess and Dani wanted you.” He said, before running off. I rolled my eyes but made my way over to them anyway. They watched me as I walked over, a smile on their faces. “Yes?” I asked, standing in the same position as I was with Garbo.

“Can he get any cuter?” Danielle said, making Jess agree with her. I smacked my hand against my forehead, embarrassed by my sister and best friend. “I mean, those jeans.” I smacked Danielle’s arm, and she looked at me and pouted.

“Your husband is over there.” I pointed at Kevin, as the boys were making their way over to us. “And only I get to admire them.” I winked at them, as the boys stopped in front of us. Both Nick and Danielle wrapped their arms around their partners and smiled at me. James stood one side of me, Joe the other. Suddenly, Garbo, John and Rob Hoffman made their way over to me. I groaned, making Joe laugh. “Please save me.” I muttered, leaning against James, who laughed.

“Hey.” Rob held his hand out for James to shake it. He did, and then shook his hands with Garbo and John. “Isabelle sweetie.” Rob said, wrapped his arm around my shoulder. I rolled my eyes at him, before looking up. "We need to get you into shape.” He tapped my back, before running off. I looked over at Nick, who was nodding his head. I looked up at James, and smiled.

“I’m going to leave you in the capable hands of these two, while I warm up.” I winked at him, before kissing his cheek. Kevin walked over to me, throwing his arm over my shoulder. We started to walk towards everyone else, Nick and Joe slacking behind us.

“He’s alright.” Kevin whispered in my ear as we stopped. I grinned up at him, as Joe stood next to me.

“Alright Joseph?” I smiled at him. He nodded his head, as Kevin walked away, before throwing his arm over my shoulder, just like Kevin and Rob. “Are you ready?” I asked, bouncing on the spot. He rolled his eyes at me, but smiled.

“No, but I can tell you are.” He said, poking me in the side. I flinched, before punching him in the arm, making everyone laugh. Nick smacked his hands together, making all of us look at him.

“Let’s stretch.” He announced before I groaned. He shot me a dirty look, before throwing his arm over his shoulder, stretching the muscles in it. At the same time, we all copied him. I looked over my shoulder at James, who was talking to the females, including Denise. I hoped, deep down, that everyone liked, it was important to me.

“So Isabelle.” Rob said, from the other side of the circle. I looked over at him, before we had to change our position to the other shoulder. “James seems nice.” I rolled my eyes, but smiled at him.

“He is nice.” I said casually. “And none of you,” I pointed around in a circle. “Are going to chase him away.” They all chuckled before Garbo opened his mouth.

“So do you like him then?” He asked, making everyone whoop and cheer like hooligans. “Because from the way he kissed you outside the changing room, you looked like you enjoyed it.” Everyone turned around and looked at me, while Garbo stood a smirk on his face. I glared at him, before standing up right, shaking my head at him.

“You little shit.” I mumbled, as Joe looked over at me, his eyes widened. Garbo smirked and everyone else looked at me, shocked. “Why were you looking anyway?” I said, giving a stern look. He winked at me before answering.

“I couldn’t not look! You were practically sucking his face off!” I walked over to Garbo, and smacked him in the head.

“Please!” I said, almost shouting at him. “That was nothing!” Everyone gasped, before Joe stormed off. I looked around at everyone, before Kevin and Nick was running after him. The rest of the team carried on with their stretches, while I watched Kevin and Nick talk to Joe, who didn’t look very impressed.

“Isabelle.” Rob said, making me spin around to look at him. “Never mind about Joe, get stretching.” He patted my thigh, before I copied the position he was in. Suddenly, the three boys made their way over to us, all looking pretty annoyed. Joe stood next to me, before stretching his leg out.

“Joe.” I touched his arm, which made him spin around to look at me. “You okay?” I whispered. He stared down at me for ages, before nodding his head.

“Perfect.” He was obviously being sarcastic. I rolled my eyes to myself, before carrying on stretches. I shared a look with Kevin, who was shaking his head at me. I nodded mine back, knowing that Joe wasn’t ‘perfect.’ After we finished warming up, Nick sent us off. He wanted us to relax for the next 5 minutes before we started the game. I sighed, before walking towards the dug out. I sat down next to James on the bench, before smiling at him.

“Your mum is nice.” He said, making me grin at him. “Even though she did tell me a good story about when you were 5 an---”

“Don’t.” I held my hand up to him, not wanting to hear the story that I’ve heard a million times. James chuckled, and I leant my head against his shoulder. “I hate that story, it’s so horrible.”

“Come Isabelle.” He said, nudging me with his shoulder. “I mean, walking around with your underwear on your head, that can’t get any classier.” I smacked his chest softly before we both laughed.

“Smile.” Jess said to the both of us, holding Rob’s camera to her face. I smiled into the lens before she took the photo. “Lovely.” She said, looking at it. It was a nice picture. We fit together like a puzzle piece. I smiled at James, before she walked off.

“Hey.” I said, getting his attention from all the fans that we entering the stands. “We are having a surprise party at the Jonas’s for their engagement.” I pointed at Jess and Nick, who were talking with Danielle. “Wanna come?” I asked him.

“Sure.” He whispered, leaning against my head. “What time?” I shrugged my shoulders.

“Be around mine for about 7, wear something nice.” I said, before letting out a yawn. I didn’t realize how tired I was, until before we started to warm up. Nick suddenly ran over to me, a pot in his hands.

“Face.” He demanded, making me laugh. I leant forwards and he placed two black lines under my eyes before smiling at me. “Ready?” He asked, his head flicking towards the pitch, where Joe and Garbo were talking.

“Of course I am.” I said, before standing up. I looked down at James, sending him a smile, while Nick wandered off to Ryan, who was sitting with his leg in a blue and white cast. “I’ll see you soon.” I whispered, before leaning down and placing a kiss on his cheek. He grinned at me, before Frankie and Reece ran over to me.

“Good luck.” Reece yelled at me. I blew him a kiss, then Frankie. Jess walked towards me, sending me a wink before she sat next to James, chatting to him. I walked onto the pitch and stood next to Kevin. I looked around, seeing girls with cameras and banners. I smiled at them, before they started to take loads of pictures.

“Right.” Nick said, clapping his hands. “Dad’s flipped the coin, we are fielding.” I rolled my eyes, I know that I was on second base, the one I hated the most. “Everyone knows where they belong.” We all shifted to our positions before the fans began chanting ‘road dogs.’ I chuckled, and sent Nick a wink as he bounced around.

NeverLetGo

“Izzie.” Nick called, smacking his hand against my back. It was minutes away from the end of the game, and we were drawing 13-13. This was our last go at batting, before the game was over. “You are taking our last shot.” He handed me the bat, before walking off. I stared at the back of his head, my mouth wide open. I wasn’t the best player in the game, only getting 1 run while everyone else was getting 3, maybe 4. I sighed, stepping up to the plate. I turned around to see James almost being interrogated by Joe and Garbo. I huffed, before pushing the hair out of my face. The pitcher from the other team stared at me, a smirk on his face. I swung the bat, before getting in the correct position. He threw quite a hard ball, but I smacked it as hard as I could. I needed to get around before Joe scared James off. I dropped the bat, realizing that I had actually hit the ball. My legs started to move underneath me, carrying me to first, and then second base. I felt adrenaline rushing through my body, before I heard Nick screaming at me. “All the way!” I clocked onto what he was saying, before carrying on running. As I started to approach 4th base, I could see one of the players launching the ball towards the man of 4th base. All of a sudden, I started to push my body as much as I could, sliding onto 4th base, just as the ball had been caught.

“Safe!” Someone yelled, as I lied on the floor, catching my breath. Suddenly there was a cheer and I had been lifted off the floor. I looked down to see Nick and Jack underneath me. I smiled before yelling at them.

“Put me down, I need a drink!” Everyone laughed, but they put me down anyway. I got on my feet, before walking over to the cooler. I pulled out a bottle of water, downing most of it at once. I rested against the fence, catching my breath.

“Well done.” Someone said, making me turn around from where the voice came from. Joe stood, leaning against the fence further down, his arms crossed over his chest and his sunglasses covering his eyes.

“It wasn’t just me,” I said, shrugging my shoulders. “Everyone else was amazing.” Joe chuckled, throwing his head backwards.

“Yeah, but you’re the one who won the game for us.” He said, as if it was an everyday thing that I did. “We couldn’t do it without you.”

“Trust me, you would.” I replied, shrugging my shoulders. “Anyway, Nick seems happy, winning.” We both looked over at Nick, who was chatting away with Garbo and Paul. Joe laughed, smiling at me.

“At least we know that you didn’t lose the game on purpose.” I nodded my head, before looking around. I could see James advancing towards me, and I grinned at him.

“Hey.” I said, as he stopped in front of me. He winked at me, before we both turned around to see Joe, staring before walking off. I rolled my eyes, before looking up at James. “Did you have fun?” I asked him, wrapping my arms around his middle. He placed his hands on my hips, before smiling down at me.

“It was amazing. You were amazing.” He said, making me grin and squeeze onto him just a little bit tighter. “But I have to get home.” My lips turned into a small pout making James laugh. “My mum needs me to watch my sister for a while, as she has to pop into work.” I nodded my head, understanding. “But I’ll see you tonight, okay?” He asked.

“Of course you will.” I said, before tugging on his shirt a little. “Wear something nice.”

“I will.” He said, making me smile. “I’m going to kiss you now.” He whispered, making me smile. I leant up, standing on my tip toes and he pressed a small kiss against my lips. “See you in a bit.” He whispered, before I let him go and watched him walk away. I sighed, before grinning to myself. I wandered off and stood with Jess and Nick.

“Got to say, Izzie.” Nick said, smiling at me. “He’s a nice guy.” I grinned at Nick, before giving him a side hug. “And awesome last run!” I high fived him, before laughing.

“Where’s Joe run off to?” I asked, looking around. All I saw was people signing pieces of papers for the fans. “Because James came over to me and Joe just walked off.” Both Jess and Nick gave me the same look. “What?” I said, throwing my hands in the air.

“Please Isabelle.” Rob said, coming from behind. “It’s clearly obvious that Joe likes you.” I rolled my eyes, but something deep inside made me wanted to smile. I sighed, before wandering off, my head in the sky.

If I knew Joe as well as I did, then he wouldn’t keep this to himself. He is one for telling everyone everything. He wouldn’t keep anything to himself. Kevin told him that he was going to propose to Danielle, in complete secretary. But he came running over to our house, told me, mum and Jess before Kevin could even have the chance to tell anyone. Joe isn’t one for secrets, but I am going to find out what is wrong with him.
♠ ♠ ♠
wow, the big 20.
i want to thank all you guys for sticking by me with the story (i'm making it sound as if it's over, it's not) because without you guys, i'd never be able to carry on.
love you guys!