Status: Active;

Never let go.

Twenty Eight.

We walked into the Jonas household, pushing each other through the door. Joe’s elbow ended up in my hip and Nick’s hand was pressed against my face. “You lot are so childish.” Jess shook her head at the three of us. I grinned at her, throwing my arm over her shoulder and Joe doing the same to her other side. We both pressed a kiss against her cheek, before walking into the lounge.

“Hello family.” I smiled at them as I threw myself down onto the couch in-between Kevin and Danielle. They both sent me a soft smile, before I looked over at my mum, who looked panicked. “I’m fine, I was being stupid.” I shook my head. She sent me a smile back, before going back to her conversation with Denise.

“Why are you wearing a scarf Iz?” Reece asked, throwing himself into my lap.

“I’m not feeling too well buddy.” I replied. He screwed his nose up at me, before jumping off my lap and sitting with Nick. I stuck my tongue out at him and he did it back. “I’ve taken some medicine, so hopefully I’ll be fine in a bit.” Joe, who was now sitting on the floor at my feet, lifted his head to smirk at me. “Keep your mouth shut, Joseph.” I muttered, kicking my foot into his back.

“I didn’t say anything.” He smiled at me, before laughing to himself. “If I was going to say something…” I smacked him in the back of the head. “I would have said it. Jesus, Isabelle I’m not going to say anything. However, James asked Iz to meet his parents.”

“God, I hate you.” I said through gritted teeth as everyone looked at us. “Tomorrow. It only seemed fair that I met his parents, seeing as he has met you ugly lot.” I smiled at them.

“Oh, Iz, that’s so sweet.” My mum cooed from the other side of the room. “You and James are properly together now. It’s so sweet.” I looked at her.

“Mum, I’m only meeting his parents. Not getting engaged.” I replied. She laughed, shaking her head at me. “She is though.” I pointed at Jess, who pouted at me. “I’ve been looking at wedding books all week, I’m aloud to moan.”

“You’re my maid of honour. Suck it up.” She replied, a smirk on her lips. I resisted the urge to flip her off. “It’s your job.”

“It’s also my job to plan your bachelorette party too. Remember to be nice to me. Otherwise there will be strippers left, right and centre.” I winked at her.

“I wouldn’t mind.” My mum muttered. We all turned to her, before bursting into laughter. “Seriously though, I wouldn’t.” She winked at us, before walking out of the room, Reece following her and moaning about being hungry.

“So what actually happened?” Denise said, turning to me. I narrowed my eyebrows at her. “Because I know you were covering up with your mum.”

“I saw my dad.” I replied, almost instantly. I knew that I could tell this lot. “He was in the restaurant that James took me to. He...” I stopped, taking a shaky breath. Kevin wrapped his arm around my shoulders, pulling me close to him. I looked over at Jess, who was watching me intently. She had always been a daddy’s girl. “He had a family. A woman and kids.” I continued to look at Jess, whose face fell. I honestly didn’t want to say anything to her, because I knew it would break her heart. And it obviously did. She stood up, and walked out of the room, not before I caught tears rolling down her cheek. I looked over at Nick, who was looking at me. “You go after her; she doesn’t want to see me. I know she doesn’t.” I tried to hold back the tears over my little sister. Nick got up and walked out of the room. Everyone continued to look at me. “He saw me. He just sat there staring at me.”

“I thought he was long gone.” Paul mused to himself. “I thought he moved states.”

“Apparently not.” I replied, biting my nails. Joe rested his head against my knee, sending me a soft smile. “I’m over it, seriously. I don’t want anything to do with him, but just seeing him there made me angry. It’s like he left us, saying it was all a mistake to then go on and get with another women and kids. It doesn’t make sense.”

“Your dad was a difficult man, Isabelle.” Denise said, sending me a smile. Kevin squeezed my shoulders, before removing his arm and shifting in his seat. “He never knew what he wanted.”

“I know.”

“But don’t you think you are all happier without him?” Paul said. I nodded my head. “Your mum is happier than ever. She was so to herself when she was with him and don’t you think over the last 4 years that she has come out of her shell? All of you are happier without him.” I bit my lip and looked down at Joe. His eyes were sparkling and it made me smile. To see him so happy made me realise I was happy. I had everything I ever wanted and I was happy.

“Yeah, I guess we are.” I smiled at Paul, tearing my eyes from Joe. Both Paul and Denise smiled at me, before my mum walked in, Reece laughing as she carried him. Me and Denise shared a look and both burst into a smile.

“Iz, look.” Reece screamed, being put on the floor by my mum. He ran over to me, standing on Joe’s thighs and opening his mouth. He lifted a hand to his mouth, Joe’s hands grabbing his hips so he didn’t fall into Joe’s face. Reece grabbed Joe’s hair with his other hand and started to wobble one of his bottom teeth. “Look! Mummy says it’s going to fall out and soon there will be a new one!” I laughed. He sounded so excited about it.

“Wow, are you guys looking?” I turned to Kevin and Danielle who peered into Reece’s mouth. They gasped, telling him how cool it was. “Joe, have you seen it?” I patted his head. Reece moved so he was sitting on Joe’s lap.

“Wow, buddy.” Joe said, holding Reece’s mouth open, examining his tooth. “Have you ever heard about the tooth fairy?” Reece shook his head and we all faked gasped. “Well, this fairy comes around when people’s teeth fall out and give them money.”

“Really?” Reece’s excitement was great. A massive smile was on his face and we all were watching him. “How much do I get?”

“It depends on how good you are.” I replied, winking at my mum. We all laughed while Reece pouted. “It’s how it works buddy.”

“Fine!” He moaned, before storming off, calling Frankie as he went. We burst into laughter.

“That was actually so cute.” Danielle cooed, making me laugh at her.

“Where has Jess and Nick gone?” Mum asked, looking around. I bit my lip while Joe covered for me.

“They went upstairs just after you went out. I think Nick was feeling rough.” I kicked him softly in the back, my subtle way of saying thanks. Danielle struggled to get off the couch and Kevin came running around grabbing hold of her. I burst into laughter while she glared at me.

“Shut up.” She hissed at me, making me want to laugh even harder. “I have a baby using my bladder as a trampoline so sorry if I have to pee.” I watched her walk out the room, huffing as she went.

“Wow.” I said, looking at Kevin who threw himself onto the couch, sighing. “How long has she been like that?”

“The last few days. She has been the worst. I don’t blame her, she can’t control it.” He said. “Her bossiness and moodiness doesn’t help when she has her head down the toilet.”

“Bless her.” Denise said, smiling. “Remember she can’t help it. I know how she feels. I had to do it 4 times.”

“And look how wonderful your boys turned out to be.” I said, looking at Joe and Kevin who were hitting each other. Kevin was kicking Joe in the back and Joe was punching him in the knee. “Okay, maybe just Nick and Frankie are wonderful. These two were just prototypes.” Suddenly, I was punched in the knee and the arm. I punched both of them back, smiling. Danielle walked back in the room, pouting before sitting on Kevin’s lap.

“I’m bored.” She whined, making us all laugh. “Not to be rude. I want to do something to get my mind of this bloody pregnancy.”

“Ooh.” Joe said, getting excited. “Let’s go bowling.” He smacked my leg repeatedly, until I kicked him in the neck. “Go and ask Jess and Nick if they want to come.” He turned his head, his eyes widening as if to say ‘go and check on her’. I nodded my head, climbing off the couch and heading upstairs, where I guess they would be. I saw that Nick’s bedroom door was shut, so I went and knocked on it and waited. I heard a soft ‘come in’ and I pushed the door open and walked in. I saw them both lying on Nick’s bed, holding each other. I wanted to burst into tears, seeing how fragile she was. I went to sit on the edge of it and smiled at the both of them as good as I could.

“Dani wants to do something to get her mind off the baby so we are going bowling. Are you two in?” I asked. They shared a look before Nick looked at me.

“Sure.” He replied. I wondered how they managed to have a conversation with their eyes. “Give us like 10 minutes.” I nodded my head, before climbing off the bed. I smiled at Jess, who then sat up. Nick stayed lying down, his hand on Jess’s knee. I stopped as she said my name.

“I’m sorry.” She said. I smiled at her, shaking my head. “Seriously, I just didn’t expect it. I mean, I knew you were upset earlier but I didn’t know why and then you told me it was dad and I didn’t know what to do.”

“Jess, it’s fine. I had the same reaction as you. Poor James had no clue, I just took off. It’s okay.” She nodded her head, smiling at me. She pulled herself away from Nick and hugged me. I squeezed her as hard as I could.

“Okay, crushing my ribs.” She wheezed. I pulled away from her, smiling. “10 minutes and I’ll be ready.”

“It’s not like I can go out with my sweatpants on.” I tugged at the waistband, laughing. I walked out of the room and downstairs into the lounge. “Nick and Jess are in. Give us 10 minutes so we can make ourselves look pretty.”

----NeverLetGo----

We all bundled into one of the SUV that was always kept at the Jonas household. Kevin was driving, Danielle sat next to him. Nick and Jess were in the row behind them and me and Joe right at the back. “How comes we always end up at the back?” Joe yelled; me making a noise of agreement. The four of them laughed as we pouted.

“No seriously.” I said. “Shouldn’t Nick and Jess be in the back because they are the babies of the group?”

“Hey!” Nick yelled, turning his head to look at us. “We are the ones who are going to get married next year so-“

“Hold on!” Danielle shouted, turning in her seat to look at the engaged couple. “When are you planning on getting married?”

“Summer.” Jess said. “Around July 25th. Why?”

“Okay, so baby is due around November/December time. Which means I won’t be pregnant for when you get married. Score.” We all laughed at her, shaking her head.

“Unless I have something to do with it.” Kevin muttered, loud enough for all of us to hear. Danielle punched him in the arm whilst we all died from laughing.

“You have like 6 months after the baby is born. You will fit in a bridesmaid dress, Dani.” Jess said. “And then baby Jonas can be part of the wedding too. I didn’t even think of that!”

“Oh wow. That’s means walking down the aisle with a baby.” I sighed, running a hand through my hair.

“Dani.” Jess said, rather loudly. I tried my hardest with Joe not to laugh at the alarming volume she had just spoken with. “You are going to be a bridesmaid, right?”

“Of course.” Danielle replied, turning to her with a massive smile. “What else was I going to be with these two best men? Just a lonely woman in the back, I think not.” I caught Joe’s eye and we both burst into laughter.

“God, you two are such children. Go somewhere and make out.” I leant forwards, smacking Jess in the back of the head. Joe groaned, leaning his head against the back of the chair. I gave one last glare at Jess before turning to him.

“What’s up?” I asked, placing a hand on his shoulder. He shook his head.

“They aren’t going to let us live this down, you know that don’t you?” He asked, almost whispering. I nodded my head. “God, I wish they didn’t know.”

“I know what you mean.” I replied, leaning back. He looked at me, a frown on his face. “I’m sorry for opening my mouth.” Joe shook his head, dismissing me. “I really am.”

“I know Iz.” He replied, sighing. I shook my head at him, thinking he was being over dramatic and stupid. I turned to look out the window just as Kevin spoke.

“If you two are going to argue, I’ll turn the car around and leave you two at home.” He warned us. I rolled my eyes at his silly comment, before Joe opened his mouth.

“We aren’t arguing, Kev. Just get us to the bowling alley and watch me kick Isabelle’s butt.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it isn't that long, but I thought you might all enjoy it :3
Comment please? I'd love to hear where you think this story will go!