Status: Active;

Never let go.

Six.

After Joe refused to leave, I walked upstairs to my bedroom and locked it behind me. “ISABELLE! RUNNING AWAY ISN’T GOING TO SORT THIS OUT.” I let the tears rolled down my face. I hated arguing with Joe, its official. I wiped away one of the tears and let against the door.

“But if you don’t leave, I’m going to say something I regret.” I whispered. I knew he heard me, because we have had many conversations through this door. I saw my window open out the corner of my eye and Jess walking towards me. Danielle slowly followed her. I slid down the door.

“Izzie…”Joe whispered. I shook my head.

“Joe, just go back home.” Jess said. Danielle knelt by the side of me and I immediately wrapped my arms around her neck. We were all silent until we heard footsteps and then the front door slam. The whole house vibrated and more tears ran down my face. Jess bent down and rubbed my back as I cried into Danielle’s t-shirt. “We actually heard everything.” She whispered. I pulled away from Danielle and looked at the both of them.

“You did?” I whispered. The both of them nodded their head. “It’s the first fight me and Joe have ever had. The first major fight and it was over something ridiculous as that.” I said. Jess nodded her head.

“I know, Iz, I know.” Danielle said. I nodded my head and the three of us went dead quiet. The three of us looked around when we could hear screaming. It sounded like Joe and Kevin. I looked over at both my best friends.

“Go, I’ll be fine. I promise.” I kissed Jess’s forehead and smiled at Danielle. “They need you more than I do.” I gave them one more reassuring smile and moved away from the door. I sat on my bed as Jess and Danielle walked out. I leant backwards and closed my eyes. Everything was my fault and I knew it. I should have told Joe, he is my best friend and he should know. He is my best friend, he knows everything about me, but I had to go and keep this from him didn’t I?

There was a slight knocking on my bedroom door, pulling me out of my thoughts. I sat up slowly to find a 5 year old Reece, standing at my door. His eyes were bright red, and he had his blanket up against his face, the silk rubbing against his cheek. My mouth slowly dropped. Reece was asleep and me and Joe came running in, screaming our head off. We woke him and he heard everything of our conversation. I ran my fingers through my hair as Reece came running towards me. I picked him up onto my bed and wrapped my arms around him. “What was you and Jay screaming, Iz?” He asked, looking up at me.

“Oh baby. You heard that?” He nodded his head, slowly. “Reece, I’m sorry, you weren’t meant to hear that. You know me and Joe, we will work it out.” I ran my fingers through his hair as he put his head in my lap. He sighed softly. “Trust me, baby, we are going to be okay.” I kissed the top of his forehead.

----NeverLetGo----

Okay, so I spend the whole night awake thinking that Joe was going to turn up, climbing through my window and we would make up. Because that’s what me and Joe would do. We have had many fights, not as big as that one, but fights. And the two of us would come out the other side, we always would. But he didn’t come. He never turned up. About 3am, I shut the window. I was so fed up, just waiting. So I gave up. But I had Reece with me, and he was awake most the night. Which made me feel a lot better. He was my baby brother and he was telling me all these stupid jokes that were making me laugh.

I just got to sleep, just as my alarm went off. I had about 4 hours sleep all together, but that was about it. I looked down at my little brother, who had just passed out. I smiled and slid my arms underneath him. I lifted him up, and hooked my foot around the door. I swung it open and walked into Reece’s room. I laid him down on his bed and kissed his forehead. “What time is it?” He muttered. I smiled softly.

“11.” I replied, walking out. I wandered back into my room, deciding I needed a shower because I was covered in salt and sand from yesterday. I walked over to my wardrobe and pulled out a pair of shorts, a white tank top and a flannel t-shirt. I laid them out on my bed, along with my purple Converse. I smiled at the outfit, just as my phone buzzed. I walked towards my bedside cabinet and picked up, reading the received text.

From-NickyJonas!
How are you after last night? x


I sighed. Nick had been the first Jonas to get in contact with me since last night. But I wish he wasn’t. I wished it was Joe, but no.

To-NickyJonas!
Ehhh, alright I guess. What about Joe? x


I walked into the bathroom and turned on the shower. Usually, it would take a while to warm up. I wandered back into my room and sat down on my bed, waiting for a reply off Nick. When he finally text back, it scared the hell out of me.

From-NickyJonas!
How do you think, Iz? :/ x


I sighed and ran my fingers through my hair. I placed my phone back onto the bed and quickly dived into the shower.

----NeverLetGo---

Once I jumped out the shower, I quickly got changed. As I was tying my shoes up, a sleepy Jess walked into my room. I gave her a half smile. She came and sat next to me, pushing her crazy hair out of her eyes. I sat back up properly as she started to talk. “Iz, what happened last night?” I sighed and ran my fingers through my wet hair.

“Joe found out I was planning on hanging out with James and he just flipped. And then he was all like, ‘hanging out leads to a date, then a second, then boyfriend, then marriage.’ He was really annoying me, so I told him to leave, and you came in.” I said, shrugging my shoulders. Jess sighed and rolled her eyes. “Look, it’s me and Joe; we’ll make it up somehow.”

“But will you though?” Jess said. “Joe was pretty mad last night, he made a hole in the kitchen wall.” My eye widened. “He’s fine, the wall, not so much.” I laughed. That was typical Joe, when he got made; he will take it out on anything nearest to him. Whether it was an object, or in his case, the wall. “Just make sure you two are okay.” She said, smiling softly. I nodded my head.

“Give us a couple of days, and we’ll be all good.” I smiled once more, even believing myself even more. “What happened after we left?” I asked. Jess laughed and pushed her hair out of her face.

“Well, Denise, Paul and mum ran in, seeing what happened. Nick stormed to his room. He was crying at the fact that Joe had a go at him--” I gasped, cutting her off.

“Is he okay?” I quickly rushed my words together. Nick was like a younger brother to me and I loved him so much.

“He’s fine. We talked it out, and Joe came in and apologized.” Jess smiled softly. “Then we came over to you, and then you sent us back, and Joe was crying on Kevin’s shoulder after yelling at him. He walked off, and punched the wall, went up and talked to Nick and then fell asleep.” I nodded my head after she’d finished.

“Oh.” I couldn’t say anything else. I was kinda shocked that Joe was crying. He seemed perfectly fine, screaming at me last night, I never expected him to cry. “What time is it?” I asked Jess. She pulled her phone out of shorts and looked at it.

“12. Why?” She asked. I smiled softly at her.

“Because I’m going to meet James at 1pm.” I grinned at her. She nodded her head and raised her eyebrows at me.

“Oh yeah?” She winked. I laughed and rolled my eyes. I jumped off my bed and picked up my hairdryer. I turned to Jess before turning the hairdryer on.

“Oh yeah.” I said. I flicked the hairdryer on and started to dry my hair. Jess laughed and patted my shoulder as she walked out. I grinned to myself as my phone buzzed. I leant over my bed to grab it. I smiled as I read the person.

From-James.
See you in an hour. (:


I smiled to myself, before putting it back onto my bed. I tried to dry my hair as quickly as I could. But the long-ness of my hair, it took a while. I looked over at the clock. 12:28pm. It had taken me just under 30 minutes to dry my hair. I sighed and decided I needed a hair cut. I walked into my bathroom and picked up my toothbrush. I heard my phone vibrate and I walked out, my toothbrush hanging out my mouth. I laughed at myself, picking up my phone. I didn’t even look at who text me.

From-JoeBear!
We need to talk. x


I sighed. He had to go and put a downer on my mood, didn’t he? I was quite happy because I was meeting with James and then he goes and texts me that! I quickly opened up one to reply back to him.

To-JoeBear!
Not now, Joe. x


I ran my hairbrush through my hair, glancing at the clock, noticing that I had only 28 minutes to eat breakfast and get to Starbucks. I nodded my head to myself and jumped up. I grabbed my phone and slid it into my back pocket. I skipped out of my room, bumping into Jess once more. I grinned at her and we both walked downstairs in complete silence. My phone buzzed in my pocket and I completely ignored it. “You got a text.” Jess told me. I rolled my eyes and laughed.

“I know Jessica. I felt it vibrate.” I replied, skipping into the kitchen. My mum stood in front of the cooker and I could smell bacon. “I have…” I pulled my phone out my back pocket, glancing at the time and completely ignoring the fact that I had a reply off Joe. “27 minutes to eat and get to Starbucks near the mall.” My mum rolled her eyes at me. I grinned back at her and sat down at the table. Suddenly a bacon sandwich appeared in front of me, which made me smile. I bit into it, ketchup landing on my plate. I grinned to myself. I pulled my phone out and opened the text off Joe.

From-JoeBear!
When, Isabelle? When are we going to talk? x


I sighed and put my phone back. My mum sat opposite me, drinking her coffee. She looked at me with concerned eyes. I rolled my own. “What?” I muttered, taking another bite out my sandwich. She chuckled softly.

“How are you this morning?” She asked, raising both eyebrows. I rolled my eyes and took another bite.

“I’m okay.” I muttered. “Am I going to get this all day?” I asked, raising my eyebrows. She scoffed and smiled at me softly.

“We are only worried about you, Iz.” She said in reply. I finished the sandwich and stood up. I put my plate into the sink. I leant against the sink and closed my eyes. I sighed softly and shook my head, my eyes shot open.

“There’s no need to worry about me.” I muttered, quite annoyed at the fact that everyone was worrying about me. We had an argument, not the fact that Joe was planning on killing me. “It’s me and Joe, we’ll wok this out. We’ve been best friends since we were born. Like I’m going to throw 20 years of friendship over a little argument.” I said. I started to walk out the kitchen before Jess stopped me.

“But it’s not over a little argument, it’s over a guy. A guy who you are coincidently meeting up with today instead of making up with your best friend.” She almost yelled at me. I looked at her and shook my head. I pulled away from her and grabbed my car keys. I didn’t care that I had at least a good half hour before James turned up. I jumped into my car and drove straight down the driveway. As I drove past the Jonas’s, I could see Joe slowly walking over to mine. I pulled around the block, and stopped. I pulled my phone out of my pocket and sighed.

To-JoeBear!
I don’t know Joe. Just give it sometime, okay? And by the way, I’m not in and you won’t be able to get anything from Jess. x


I threw my phone against the passenger seat and started to drive once more. Starbucks was only 5 minutes, I probably should have just walked there, but I was just too lazy to walk. As I turned up outside Starbucks, there was no one in there. I smiled softly to myself and drove around the back. I parked the car and jumped out, picking up my phone. I quickly jumped out without thinking and walked round to Starbucks. I opened the door and smiled at the girl at the counter. “Hey, can I have a mocha frap, no cream?” She nodded her head and I went and sat down in the booth. I knew that I probably should have waited for my drink, but honestly I couldn’t be bothered. My phone buzzed in my pocket and I whipped it out.

From-JoeBear!
Whatever Isabelle. Tell me when you wanna talk, cause I’m tired of this. You are acting like it’s my entire fault. x


I sighed and threw my phone against the table. The girl at the counter gave me a half smile and held my drink out for me. I stood up and smiled back at her. “Boyfriend trouble?” I laughed and shook my head.

“Best friend.” I muttered. She laughed and rolled her eyes. “He thinks that he can tell me what to do.” I said. She shook her head.

“It’s not up to him; it’s your choice and not his.” She grinned at me. I nodded my head and thanked her, handing her a 5 dollar note. I told her to keep the change and sat down with my drink.

Today’s going to be a long day.

----NeverLetGo----

“Isabelle.” My head shot up and I was confronted by James. I grinned at him and stood up. We both hesitantly gave each other a hug. I smiled to myself before sitting down. “Would you like a drink?” He asked me. I shook my head.

“No thanks. I’ve already had one.” He narrowed his eyebrows at me. I smiled softly. “I arrived early. Me and my sister had an argument and I had to get out.” I admitted. He nodded his head.

“Oh.” He said. He looked over at the girl at the counter. “Do you mind?” I shook my head and he got up. My phone buzzed on the table, a picture of Nick popped up. I rolled my eyes and answered. “Not right now, Nick.” I hissed down the phone.

“But…” I cut him off, putting my phone back onto the table. I smiled as James came back with his drink. He put it onto the table and smiled at me.

“So, tell me about yourself, Isabelle.” He grinned at me. I noticed that he kept calling me Isabelle instead of Izzie, which was quite nice, and different.

“Well my whole name is Isabelle Kelsey Sage, I’m 20. I turned 21 in about 4 months. 27th of November. I have a 5 year old brother, and a 17year old sister who you’ve already met. My sister is dating Nick Jonas, which is a little weird. I’ve know them all my life, they are like my second family.” I said, without taking a breath. As I exhaled, James laughed. “Sorry.” I muttered. He shook his head.

“What for?” He raised both eyebrows up at me. I laughed and probably blushed.

“Now, let’s here about you then.” I put my arms on the table, leaning forwards. James chuckled and did the exact same.

“Well, my whole name is James Ryan Smith. I turned 21, February 21st. I have a 13 year old sister and that’s it. My best friend lives in Utah, he’s an idiot.” Both of us burst into laughter. I nodded my head. “So, how about 20 questions?” He asked. I smiled.

“Go for it.” I grinned at him. He thought, tapping his finger against his chin, making me slightly nervous. I bit down on my lip.

“What’s your favourite colour?” He asked. I burst into laughter; that was always a typical question.

“Yellow.” I grinned. “What about you?” He smiled back at me.

“Green.” He laughed. I narrowed my eyebrows at him. “It’s kinda a natural colour, isn’t it? The grass is green, the trees are green.” Okay, that was really cute.

“So is jealously.” I muttered. Okay, and now I have just ruined it. James laughed and nodded his head. “Okay, do you have any pets?” I asked. He smiled.

“I had a hamster.” I burst into laughter. “Don’t laugh. His name is Name.” I started to giggle even more. James just looked at me with a really cute smile on his face. “I said don’t laugh.” He muttered, taking a sip out of his drink. I smiled at him.

“Oh, c’mon. You named a hamster, Name!” I started to laugh again. “Why?” I asked, suddenly interested. He smirked to himself.

“I was 15, I didn’t know what to call him!” I burst into even more giggles. “Okay then, Miss Giggles, got a boyfriend?” And my laughter came to a stop. I looked at him and smirked.

“Why?” I asked, smiling to myself. It was kinda cute; he blushed and rubbed the back of his neck, nervously. It was like what Joe did when he was nervous, rubbed the back of his neck.

“Just wondering.” He muttered, taking a sip out of his drink. I laughed, throwing my head back.

“No, I haven’t.” I said, spinning my phone around on the table. “What about you?” I asked, looking up at him and smiling. He laughed softly and leant forwards once more.

“What? A boyfriend?” He said. I smirked at him and raised my eyebrows up. He laughed and shook his head. “No, I haven’t got either.” He looked up at me and the both of us smiled at each other. I think I was starting to like him.

----NeverLetGo----

“So, how did you meet the Jonas Brothers then?” James asked, as we ate our ice cream. We got kinda bored at Starbucks, so we walked to the ice cream truck round the corner. James, the gentleman he is, offered to buy mine. After spending a lot of time around the Jonas’s, I realized that men will offer to pay for anything; Joe had even offered to buy my underwear which was a little awkward.

“Well, I’ve known them since I was born really. Joe’s only 3 months older than me. My mum went to school with both their parents, and they stayed in contact with each other. I mean, there are like my second family.” I said, smiling softly. James nodded his head.

“So you are pretty close to Joe then?” He asked. I gave him a half smile and shrugged my shoulders. “Well, I thought because of yesterday…” he mused. I ate the last of my ice cream, throwing the cup into the bin beside me.

“Well, he wasn’t impressed about me meeting you today.” I said, folding my hands over my chest, hugging myself. “We had a massive argument last night.” I told him.

“Oh god. I don’t want you to lose your friend because of me.” He said, holding both hands up. I laughed softly and smiled. The both of us had come to a stop, staring at each other. I rested my hand on his lower arm and grinned at him.

“I’m glad I met you today.” I said. James’s mouth turned from a frown into a massive grin and he nodded his head.

“I know what you mean.” He said. Suddenly, the tune of LA baby blasted from my back pocket. I bit my lip, embarrassed. James chuckled and smiled at me. “You can answer it, y’know?” I thanked him and pulled my phone out. I looked at the caller ID and saw Nick’s name and photo. I rolled my eyes and answered it.

“What?” I muttered. It was then when I realized my hand was still on James’s arm. I pulled it away, blushing slightly. He grinned at me and the both of us started to walk again. “Nick.” I said, once he didn’t answer.

“We’re having a bbq at 3, coming?” He asked. I rolled my eyes, I didn’t even know why he was asking, of course I was coming.

“What time is it now?” I asked, not bothering to look on my phone. What was with everyone acting weird with me these days?

“It’s half 2. Dad’s starting it at 2:45, and the food should be done for around 3-ish. He hopes.” Nick chuckled to himself. I smiled, imagining Paul rushing around, doing the food. “We are expecting you, Iz.” I laughed.

“That was kinda creepy Nick.” I laughed. “I’ll see you there.” I said, hanging up. I slid my phone into my back pocket and gave James a half smile. “I have to go soon, for dinner.” James smiled at me softly.

“That’s okay. I had a good time.” I nodded my head, smiling back at him. I didn’t think I’ve ever smiled so much in a day. James was such a nice guy. We turned around and started to walk towards Starbucks.

“I had a good time too.” I smiled. Okay, so maybe I had a tiny crush on James. He was so polite and kind. Like a gentleman should be. I couldn’t stop smiling. My phone buzzed once more in my pocket, indicating that I had a text.

From-Daniiii!
Haven’t you had a thought about how Joe knows about you and James? x


I narrowed my eyebrows at the text. That wasn’t something that had even crossed my mind. But now I think about it, how did he know? I haven’t told him, neither anyone else. “Isabelle.” James said, calling me out of my thoughts. I turned to him, smiling.

“Sorry about that, caught up in my own thoughts.” I smiled. “I have a question for you.” I said, as we walked towards Starbucks. James narrowed his eyebrows at me. I grinned at him. “How comes you call me Isabelle? Most people shorten it down.” James shrugged his shoulders, giving me the sweetest smile ever.

“I’m not most people.” He nudged me with his elbow. He sent me flying, but he grabbed hold of my hand, not letting me fall. I grinned at him and thanked him for saving me. I bumped against his hip, but he didn’t even stumble. I pouted, annoyed at the fact that I couldn’t get revenge. He laughed. I forgot he had hold of my hand until he slowly let go of it. I wish he didn’t. It seems weird, I’ve only just met him, but it feels like I’ve known him for ages. As we stopped outside Starbucks, I gave James a half smile.

“I’ll see you soon, yeah?” I asked, looking up at him. He smiled down at me and nodded his head. He bent down slowly and kissed my cheek. I blushed as my hand went to touch it. I turned away, smiling to myself. “See you later, James.” I said, before walking off. I probably only walked about 10 steps before I heard yelling.

“Isabelle.” James stopped in front of me, smiling. I moved my head, as if to say what? He rubbed his hands together and then lifted his own head to look at me. “Will you go out on a date with me?” He asked. The biggest grin stretched across my face as I shyly nodded my head.

“Okay.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow, a date. That's a big step, don't ya think? ;)

Okay, now subbers, I want some comments. I have only SIX comments, and 15 subbers. Please could some of you comment, even if it is just a smiley face, I don't mind. I just want to know that you all are still interested in this story.

Oh, and do you like the new layout? ;)

Peace;:
Word check;;4,175.