Status: I'm just starting this but plan on posting the first 10 chapters.

The Violin and the Flute

Chapter Ten: Lychee Juice and Flute Tears

My plan was working perfectly. I don’t think I told the readers this, but when I saw Henry acting all sad the first day…which was yesterday, I devised a plan to cheer him up. That explains all of the wacky encounters… Okay fine, it was just luck that I kept catching him, but still, it makes me sound more heroic if I say I planned it. Back to my plan; the first part was complete. I had convinced him that he should have fun. At least I thought I convinced him to have fun, apparently I had also convinced him to completely ignore the rules of the house as well.
“Time to have some fun?” I repeated in an excited voice. He looked down at the box and opened it. He looked back at me and his entire mood changed. Suddenly he was no longer the sad little emo kid. Now he was a devious little child holding a box of schemes. I blinked and took a step back in surprise. He grinned at me and shoved 3 Lychee berries into his mouth. Wow, he really was a chipmunk. Before I could react he shoved a berry in my face and then ran out of the room. The part that went into my mouth almost choked me but I managed to swallow it.
At that exact moment, 4 people walked into the room. I blinked because I had almost choked and registered who was now in the room. Donghae was grinning at me, Mimi and mommy were looking at me suspiciously and Kyuhyun completely ignored me and went for the food in the fridge. Donghae walked up to me and tilted his head to the side with his smile now replaced by a curious face.
“Eh, Rini. Have you seen Henli? I thought he came downstairs before you.” I stared up at him, and then registered what he was saying. Henry had transformed from emo kid to hyper active child, tried to choke me then ran away. I suddenly glared at Donghae. Well, I didn’t mean to, but I thought of Henry while looking at Donghae. I turned around and fumed at the hallway Henry had disappeared down.
“HENRY!” I yelled and bolted down the hall to find him. I didn’t really care what the others thought, at that moment I just wanted to find Henry and get my revenge. Now don’t be discouraged. I didn’t plan on hurting him in anyway, no. I actually thought of this as a game. It wasn’t how I originally planned to play but I was determined to have fun. I jogged out into the entry way and saw a plant wiggling. I stalked over to the wiggly plant and grinned when I saw my prey crouched over munching on Lychee, already covered in juice. I giggled at the mess he was making.
Unfortunately, he heard me and shot up and turned around. His entire front was covered in Lychee juice. I burst into laughter and forgot that I was supposed to pretend to be mad at him. He pouted at me which only made me laugh more. I saw him grin evilly and quickly stifled my laughter just in time to have a Lychee berry tossed at my face. Obviously it splattered and dripped on the floor. Thanks to my quick reflexes I closed my eyes before it hit me. I heard him cackle from behind my blindness. I wiped my face and glared playfully.
“Oh, you’re in trouble now, violin boy.” I threatened. He only laughed. I used the left over Lychee as ammo and wacked him in the side of the head. I then laughed as he rubbed his head. He was no longer laughing. I grinned cheekily. He glared playfully. “Oh, what are you gunna do?” I mocked. He grinned again and took the last remaining Lychee out of the box. I took as step back as my eyes widened. “No. Oh no. No. Don’t you dare-AH!!” He threw the berries, but I ducked. The berries missed my head and hit something behind me. I froze in my crouched position. I saw Henry staring wide eyed and trembling with fear.
“HENLIIII!” Someone shouted. It was too loud for me to tell who it was. I slowly turned around and saw Siwon with Lychee splattered all over his face. He was glaring at Henry like he was about to kill him. He had his hand raised like he was going to get my attention, but it now formed into a fist. I laughed nervously, and then felt behind me for Henry’s hand.
“Oh! Good Morning Siwon-oppa! How are we this fine, beautiful, forgiving morning that God has given us?” I asked, trying to hit his weak spot. If you didn’t know this before, I actually know a lot about the Super Junior members. For example, Siwon is extremely religious. I had distracted him long enough to grab Henry’s hand, and as soon as I had a tight hold on in, I quickly sprinted up the stairs, dragging Henry upstairs with me. By some miracle I managed to direct us to my room. When I spun around to close the door I flung Henry towards the bed. I slid down the back of the door and sighed.
“Ow.” I heard Henry mumble. I looked up and tried to stifle my laugh, but I couldn’t. I burst into hysterical laughter. Poor Henry must have tripped when I tossed him into the room because he had landed upside down with his back against the bed, feet sticking up in the air with his arms sprawled on the floor above-below his head. He whined when I kept laughing. “…Rini?” He suddenly asked. I slowly stopped laughing when I noticed he hadn’t moved. I raised an eye brow. He pouted and looked away embarrassed. “…I’m stuck…” He whispered pathetically. I grinned and laughed again. He pouted at my sudden lack of concern.
“Oh, Henry, You’re so cute.” I mumbled mostly to myself as I walked over and nudged his side. He slowly rolled to the side and lay on his stomach. He let out an annoyed snort but didn’t move. I tilted my head to the side and knelt in front of him. I waited for him to get up, but it was taking too long so I poked his head. He lifted his head to look up at me. After a minute of blank staring we burst in to laughter, and I have no idea why. He sat up cross legged and stared at me. I let out a sigh leant against my bed. After a moment of comfortable silence, I had to end it. I hate silence. “Oh hey. Why don’t I play a song for you? Since you played one for my on the violin, I’ll play something on my flute.” I announced.
“Should I fall asleep?” He asked in a mock angry voice. I grinned sheepishly at him.
“Hey, don’t blame me. It was past midnight and you played a lullaby!” I defended. He gave me a sideways smile that looked incredibly adorable.
“If I played anything else it would have woken everyone else up. And you are the one that asked me to play tears.” He said matter-of-factly. I bit the inside of my cheek and waved hand like I was playing the piano in the air. He raised an eyebrow at my unfamiliar gesture.
“Nyah. You’re mean.” His eyebrow rose higher and he nodded his head to my hand. I looked at it but didn’t stop. “Right, Princess hands. It’s sort of an inside joke.” I twisted my hand to look at my palm, and then stopped moving my fingers. “So should I play a song?” He shrugged so I got my flute out. “What song do you want me to play?” I asked as I stood in front of my bed. He moved to sit on the edge and shrugged again. I sighed, and then placed my finger on my chin in thought. “Oh I know.” I whispered as I got in the ready position. I took a breath and began playing tears, flute version.
As I played, I forgot there was anyone else in the room. I let the air flow from my lungs to my flute, and then felt the music travel around the room and bury me in a cocoon of notes. The soft high pitch soothed me even when I wasn’t stressed. Everything faded away as the melody flowed through my body. When I finished the song I dropped my hand and clutched my flute. I looked at the ground for a second, and then glanced up to see Henry staring at me with wide eyes. I grinned sheepishly and dug my heel in to the floor like a shy child.
“I know it sounds…weird on flute… But you played it so- well I thought…Yeah…..” I trailed off as I was suddenly shy about playing music. He continued to stare at me which made me feel nervous. I swayed back and forth for a few seconds before he shuttered and grinned. I started to grin back and he began clapping happily. I took a quick bow and smiled.
“Wow. That was great Rini. I only heard that song on violin. Wow.” He praised. I grinned.
“Thank you!” I tilted my head to the side with a cute face. There was a pause. He looked around then focused on me.
“Now what do you want to do?” I pouted when I couldn’t think of anything. I placed my index finger to my chin in thought. Then an idea occurred to me.
“Oh! Let’s go mess with people!” He tilted his head to the side. “Like I did to Donghae this morning.” I explained further. He seemed more confused. I blinked and though about what I said. Oh that sounds wrong. “No, no, no. not like that. I messed with his head.” I paused then tried to explain again. “Let’s go yell at each other in English like we are still fighting. It’ll be funny to see their faces.” Something finally clicked in his brain.
“Oh! Right. Yeah that does sound fun.” We both grinned and started walking to the door, after I put my flute away of course. At the top of the stairs Henry suddenly stopped. “Oh wait. Siwon knows English.” I pouted and thought for a minute.
“You wouldn’t happen to speak Japanese would you?” Henry shook his head. “Spanish?” he blinked and shook his head again. I stomped my foot in comical frustration. Henry stifled his laughter.
“I speak French.” I look him blankly.
“No.” I said simply. He frowned. Then an idea occurred to me. “Does he know fluent English or must you speak clearly to him?” I asked putting on my British accent. It was harder to understand if you didn’t speak fluent English. Henry grinned.
“That’ll work, don’t cha think ’eh?” I pursed my lips to try to not laugh. But come on! He used a full on CANADIAN accent. Coming out of a Chinese boy’s mouth, you would have laughed too. I burst into tearful laughter. I clutched my ribs with one hand and extended my other hand towards Henry. I heard a pouty humph.
“It’s not that funny.” He said in his regular “less-Canadian” English. I burst into another fit of laughter. I have no idea why it was so funny, but it just was! I heard him sigh as I continued to stumble around the top of the staircase. “Rini.” He called out as I began to calm down. I wiped the tears from my eyes. “Seriously, it’s not that funny.” I looked up at Henry to see him pouting. I smirked at him and pinched his cheek.
“Sorry ‘bout that love. But it was.” I replied going full out British. I shuffled my foot but forgot we were next to the stairs. By accident I stepped back to catch myself, but began falling backwards instead. I reached out for Henry and saw his eyes widen in fear.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is a cliff hanger that is supposed to get people to read my story. And this will also be the last chapter for a while. Hope you all tell me what you think. And I hope you all enjoy my story! ^^
~Meg is out! Peace!