Hate That I Love You

Free Trips and Reunions

Bob’s POV [Bob is Gerard’s “bestfriend”}

I can’t help but be nervous. I mean who would not be nervous when you wife is in a clinic. Damn it.

Thank God! Is that her?!

“Nikki! How are you? Are you okay? Is something wrong? Why are you feeling down these past few days?” I asked Nikki, well more like shouted at her.

She looked a little worried and nervous as if she was afraid to tell me what is really wrong. Is she dying?! Oh My GOD! I can’t live without her. I looked at her very worried until she spoke.

“Uhmm, sweetheart, I’m uhh pregnant.” She said. I gulped. I’m in too much debt to be able to afford to have children right now. But I love her and she’s my life, but having a child when we have these problems? I don’t know.

“Hey, you have been quiet, what’s wrong? Aren’t you happy we are finally going to have a baby?” she asked me after noticing that I became silent after I heard the news.

“Of course not! I’m glad we are having a baby but sweetheart, we are so much in debt, I don’t think we could afford a baby right now, and I know it’s my entire fault and I don’t want you or the baby to suffer because of my mistakes, I’m really really sorry.” I said, tears threatening to fall down my eyes.

She hugged me and said, “Oh Sweetheart, it’s not your fault, I love you and we are going to keep this baby, no matter what we have to do.” She stated, her voice loving but with a hint of finality on it.

I just nodded and thought of a plan.

Gerard’s POV

“I was a fool to let him go.. I never felt this sad my entire life. I need him with me. I need him..’

I continue to write and write even if I have not slept yet. It feels good when all your creative juices are flowing freely from your brain. Hehe I love this feeling.

The novel I’m trying to write is getting really good, in my opinion there is no other story much better than mine, I continue to write until I heard the irritating sound of doorbell.

“Shit, you the fuck is interrupting me when I’m trying to write my novel?!” I thought to myself and continued writing, maybe its just a salesperson and will go away in a moment.

But much to my dismay, the doorbell kept ringing. I stood up In front of m laptop and grudgingly opened the door. Where I found my two highschool friends, Nikki and Bob jumping up and down holding an envelope shouting,

“CONGRATULATIONS!! YOU WON A FIRST CLASS TICKET TO CHINA! WITH A FREE STAY AT A 5 STAR HOTEL!” they shouted at my face. “Oh God, Gerard you are sooo lucky!”

They invited themselves inside my house and started to explain me on exactly what I won, I don’t remember entering any contests or raffle promos.

“Well, our bank is having a promotion for their VIP customers. And you won, simple as that. Aren’t you happy? You finally be able to ride an airplane, you never rode an airplane right? Well, this is your chance to ride one for free.” Bob told me with an over exaggerated smile on his face.

I can’t help but think that something is wrong. Nothing is free nowadays.

“There is something wrong about this, nothing is free today, and besides if I ever go away, who will look after my house? Want to buy this ticket from me? I’ll give it to you with a big discount.” I asked Nikki.

“Nah, I have been to many international trips before. It will be your first. So you should really grab the chance, I mean it’s free!” Nikki told me.

“This is for free right? I mean this is really really free?” I asked them, just to be sure.

“Yeah! Yes, it is totally for free!” they assured me.

I thought for a while, I really don’t want to leave this house. This house is really important to me.

“Well, if I leave then do you two promise to take care of my house? Clean it, and water my plants?” I asked them, worried that somebody might take away my house while I was gone.

“Of course! You worry to much, just go, we will take care of everything!’ Bob assured me.

“Well then, if you really mean that and if this is really for free, then China here I come!”
♠ ♠ ♠
hey guys, i'm really flattered! 7 subscribers in just the first chapter? wow, i never expected that many people to read my story. x_x but thank you anyways!
and may i have some comments?
=gives virtual cookies and skittles to the commenters=

"lorilee"