Status: New!

My Hero

Twelve;

Isabella

So, Joe's getting home from tour today and saying that I was excited was a pure understatement. I was ecstatic. I was finally seeing the man that I adore. After three weeks and five days, I was going to be with Joe.

I walked through LAX trying to reach the gate that Joe said he would be exiting from. His family was taking the private plane, but he was taking a commercial jumbo jet to get here earlier being that this specific plane was leaving sooner than his family was. I told him to wait and take the plane back with his family, but there was no changing his mind.

Finally, I reached the gate and it was just in time because people were just starting to walk off the plane. I scanned over the hundreds of faces that were slowly exiting the plane, none of which were Joe.

"Ugh, come on, Joseph," I groaned, shifting my weight from my right side to my left.

As if on cue, Joe walked into the terminal, looking around in search of something. He had a black beanie on his head and aviators covering his eyes, it was definitely a weak disguise, but at least he put up an effort.

Joe noticed me and smiled before walking over and pulling me into a tight hug. I cried joyfully into his chest as he whispered sweet nothings in my ear. I missed him more than a person would imagine, especially with all this drama with Daniel.

"Jake's been growing a lot, huh?" Joe asked after a few minutes of us hugging. "He's taking up a bit more space than I remember."

"He has," I confirmed. "Are you ready to go?"

Joe released me and took a hold of my hand before saying, "Yep."

We got his bags and headed out to my car. Joe took my keys before helping me into the passenger seat. He jogged around my 2010 Honda CR-V (a gift from my mom that came with the house) and started the engine. His hand wrapped securely around my own as he backed out of the parking space and headed out to the main road.

"So, we can swing by my placed, drop my stuff off, then go to your house because my house doesn't have much food in it," Joe suggested, receiving a nod of approval from me. "So, how have you been?"

"I've been great," I smiled. "I've missed you though. I can't wait for you to see my house! Joe, it's huge! Me and Jake are never going to take up all the room alone."

"Maybe, one day I'll help you fill some space," Joe smiled, hinting suggestively at the future that I wanted-- no, needed --oh, so much.

I grinned lightly, squeezing his hand gently. "I hope so, Joe."

With this being said, neither of us spoke. The only sound in the car was coming from the stereo which was playing the soundtrack from Superman Returns; Sound of Superman. I smiled to my self after about thirty minutes of silence, as Paramore's cover of My Hero by the Foo Fighters graced my speakers, making me realize that this song was like my life.

"There goes my hero," I sang under my breath. "Watch him as he goes. There goes my hero, he's ordinary."

"You really like this song, huh?" Joe questioned softly, catching me slightly off guard.

"What?" I replied, turning to look at him as he continued to drive.

"You seem to always have this song playing," he explained. "It's even your ringtone."

"I didn't like this song until I met you," I admitted. "The song had no meaning for me."

Joe smiled softly and nodded, "Thank you."

The last fifteen minutes or so were quiet as we rode through a rather familiar group of large homes.

"My house is right around the corner," Joe explained.

I furrowed my eyebrows as I looked around then grinned, "So is mine."

"No way," Joe chuckled.

"I swear," I retorted. "I didn't realize sooner because I always leave out the other way. I live at the end of the street we are about to turn on."

"That's hilarious."

We soon pulled into Joe's driveway where he parked my car and cut off the engine. He looked at me for a second before asking, "What are our plans for tonight? Because if I stay at your place, I'll leave a bag with clean clothes in your car and take the bags with all the stuff I don't need inside."

"You can stay over if you'd like. It's fine with me. It gets a little lonely in my house."

Joe smirked at me and kissed my cheek. He then unlocked the car and came around to help me out before grabbing his bags. Joe then led me to the front door of his home and allowed me to enter the building. Instantly I took in the amazing decor, for a guy this place was brilliant. You would have thought he was gay.

"Um, I'm just going to head upstairs and take a quick shower. Like I said earlier, there's no food, but you can chill in the living room and watch TV." Joe turned to head up the stairs then stopped, "Remember I have roommates, all of which are guys, don't be too shocked if you find something you don't want to see..." he warned with a worried expression. A small smirk broke through his serious face, "Bells, you look like you've seen a ghost. I was only kidding. My roomies and I keep things clean."

I nodded with a reluctant smile. "Okay."

With that, Joe headed upstairs and I walked to the living room. As I strolled through the large home, I smiled softly, taking in everything around me. The walls were covered with pictures. Some of people that I recognized as Joe's family and bandmates, and some of people I didn't recognize. The ones that were the most mesmerizing were the simple pictures of landmarks and random locations from around the world.

"Wow," I breathed, taking in a rather large photo from Joe's trip to Africa.

It was simple, yet breath taking at the same time. It was a picture of a bunch of children-- none older than ten years of age --playing soccer with the man I love, but that's not what amazed me. The look of pure joy and utter amazement and gratefulness that covered Joe's face was what amazed me. It was hypnotizing.

A rather strong kick from my unborn son brought my thoughts back to earth before I started my journey towards the living room, once again. Finally, I reached my destination, and took a seat on the couch.

Instead of turning on the television as planned, I drifted off, thinking about Joseph, and soon was in a peaceful slumber.

***

Joseph.

I walked downstairs dressed in a pair of black sweats and a white v-neck. My hair was a damp mess and I had on old Nikes that were no longer white, but now a dingy brown, but I knew Bella wouldn't mind.

I headed to the living room to find Bells asleep on my couch, instantly bringing a smile to my face. She did tell me that when she wasn't working or out doing things she slept, I didn't think she was this serious though. I mean I was only upstairs for about forty-five minutes.

"Bella," I crooned, gently shaking her shoulder, "wake up, babe."

"Mmm," she moaned. "I'm up." Her eyes slowly fluttered opened and she began to sit up, so I quickly stepped in to help her.

"Did you have a good nap?" I asked, helping her to her feet.

"No," she smiled softly, "Jake didn't like the idea of me taking a nap. He was kicking a lot, then he got the hiccups."

"Babies get hiccups before they're born?" I questioned, clearly in awe about yet another pregnancy fact.

Bella nodded and placed my hand on her swollen belly. "Feel the rhythmic almost twitch-like movement?"

I then felt exactly what she was talking about. "That is so weird."

"It's all a part of pregnancy," she replied. "Let's get going to my place. The little man and I are starving."

***

"Bells," I started after getting a tour of her home, "I am pretty positive your place is a bit larger than mine."

"I told you it was too big!" She giggled, leading me to the kitchen so she could get a snack. "I don't even know what I'm going to do in the basement."

We soon made our way to her backyard, where we sat on her hammock, just living in peace without drama. It was rather romantic as we sat in silence, just enjoying the sound of each others steady breathing and the few birds that we out here.

"Joe?" Bella whispered after a few minutes of silence.

"Hmm?" I replied, gently running my fingers through her auburn hair as she laid on my chest.

"There was a picture in your house, from your trip to Africa," she started softly. "You really love kids don't you?"

I smiled down at her and kissed the top of her head, "I didn't realize how much I truly love kids until I went on that trip. It was...it was mind blowing. I was totally blessed to go on that trip and meet all the people that I did. It made me more grateful for all that I have."

"This is why I love you. You are so utterly selfless and appreciative," she smiled. "I adore you."

"I can easily say the same about you, Love," I replied. "Let's go inside. I want to sit down and cuddle with you while we watch a movie," I suggested.

Bella carefully got up from the hammock and I soon followed before the two of us walked inside.

"You pick out the movie while I go make the popcorn," I told her once we entered her kitchen.

"Okay."

I soon went to her pantry where I found microwavable popcorn. I heard the television being turned on in the family room and the soft hum of Bella singing My Hero. She truly had an obsession with that song, but that's one of the many things I loved about her.

She was...everything. Her and that baby. I could only imagine that that little miracle would have her bright ocean blue-green eyes and auburn hair. Maybe even the adorable freckles that Bells had. I hoped that he-- or she --would have Bella's lovable antics and quirks, but at the same time grow up to be their own person and a great leader that would make me and Bells proud.

"Joe," the sweet voice, that I love so much, called, "the movie's ready."

I grabbed the popcorn out of the microwave a few seconds later as the small popping sounds from the kernels ceased, then found a large bowl. After emptying the contents of the two bags of popcorn into the bowl, I walked out to the living room where Bells was waiting.

"I chose a classic. I hope you don't mind."

I chuckled softly, placing the bowl of popcorn on the coffee table in front of us. "Pete's Dragon?" I asked, referring to the movie that was paused on her television. "And it's on VHS. I love it."

"Good."

I took a seat on the large leather couch, resting with one leg against the back of the sofa and the over falling lazily off the side as Bella scooted in between my legs. Bella pulled a knitted blanket off of the back of the sofa and draped it over our bodies before grabbing the popcorn then turning off the lights in the living room with a remote only leaving a lamp in the corner of the room on.

"Cool, huh?" She smirked as she started the movie.

"I'm jealous," I replied, wrapping my arms securely around her, leaving my hands on her stomach.

"I know you are, Joe." I grinned and let out a sigh as she melted into my hold.

As the movie played, I found my mind drifting off. I couldn't help but think about the beauty resting in my arms. She let out a soft giggle ever once in a while in response to Pete or Elliot, the big green dragon, making my heart soar.

"Hey, Bella, I have a question," I started.

She turned a bit so she was looking at me before asking, "And what would that be?"

"If the baby were a girl," I smirked, watching her facial expressions change, "what would you name her?"

Isabella moved back into the position she was in before, then groaned. "Chandler."

"Chandler?" I replied.

"You asked. Accept the answer," she giggled. "Chandler is Kathrine's middle name. See, I was the only one that got a stupid Twilight name."

"Your name is beautiful and when you were born, it wasn't a Twilight name," I corrected. "So what would be her middle name?"

"My mom's name. Maria."

"Your middle name?"

"Mhm." Bella paused the movie, sat up, then looked at me, "If you could name your first son anything, what would it be?"

"Hmm, anything his mom would want."

"I want to change Jake's name," she admitted.

"Why? I like Jacob. Plus, isn't it your brother's middle name? I thought you wanted to name him after someone in your family?"

"It's Daniel's too."

I opened my mouth to reply, but instead the doorbell rang. Confusion flushed my face as I looked at Isabella. "Were you expecting anyone?" I asked her.

"No..."

"You stay here, I'll get the door," I told her and with that, I stood up and walked to the door.

I reached the oak French doors and looked through the peep hole to see a man with blond hair and green eyes. I furrowed my eyebrows and pulled the door open.

"Who are you?" I asked.

"I'm Daniel."
♠ ♠ ♠
So, writers block is a bitch. Haha.

Comment and subscribe. Oh, and btw, I do believe S3XHA!R is doing the next chapter. Check out her story Savior because it's a beast. Haha