Status: New!

My Hero

Five;

"So, this is the last time we're going to hang out for a few months?" I asked Joe as he held me in his arms.

Over the last two weeks we have been getting to know each other on a closer level all while he was getting ready for tour. It wasn't like whenever we weren't working, we were together (that would be unrealistic), but we got together about twice a week to just devote time to learning about each other and I learned so much in that little amount of time. I even got to go with him to tour rehearsals once where I met his family, band, and some of the main part of the tour crew.

Joe is probably one of the most sensitive and caring people that I've ever met. He is actually a lot like my brother Mark. They are both selfless when it comes to the people they care about, willing to go to the moon and back for loved ones. They are both hilarious more than half the time, but know when to be serious and controlled. Joe was perfect.

"Don't look so sad, Bella," he whispered, pulling me tighter into his chest. I smiled to myself as I thought of the little baby taking up a small amount of space between Joe and I.

"Joe, how can I not be sad? I'm pregnant, I get sad about everything," I giggled. "Just promise to at least text me when you can."

"I will text you, call you, and video chat whenever I can. Just know that I'm going to be on a late nights and early mornings schedule so we might be talking at awkward times," he explained softly, swaying our bodies to imaginary music in the middle of my foyer. "I better get updates on the little one. Uncle Joe needs to know what's going on."

I giggled lightly and nodded. Joe had grown quite fond of my little baby and he was showing more affection towards him or her than Daniel was.

"Oh, the baby is moving around again," I told him as I felt tiny flutters in the bottom of my stomach. I was having this feeling more and more now days.

"That's because the little guy knows his favorite uncle is around," he stated as if it were a fact.

"First, you aren't even a real uncle so you don't qualify for favorites, plus my brothers would fight you first. Second, the baby can't hear yet and even if it could, I doubt it could hear you. And finally three, stop referring to the baby as boy if it might be a girl," I smiled up at him, looking into his eyes. "But I'm sure the little bugger loves you either way."

"That's because everyone loves me," he teased.

I shook my head, "Okay, you keep thinking that." I looked at the large analog mirror-clock to my right. "You need to get going buddy. Your family is going to be pretty upset if you're late. Plus it's about one-thirty so I really want to go to sleep. So if you still want me to see you off, we need to get going."

"Okay," Joe released me before allowing me to slid on a pair of flip flops and a large sweatshirt from Full Sail that covered my growing stomach just enough.

Somehow, Joe convinced me to drive him to the airport where he is flying out to Chicago with his family to kick off the tour. I really think it was so he had more time to annoy me because the rest of his family was riding out together, but that's okay.

"Katie! I'll be back in a little while!" I yelled before going to the garage with Joe.

"Just let me get my bags out of my car. Are you sure you're okay with me leaving my car here?" He asked, pulling out various large bags.

"Yeah, as long as I can drive it," I smirked. "I'm kidding, it's fine. We have a three car-garage and we barely use it so it's cool."

I watched as Joe put his bags in my trunk and in the back of my car. I knew he wouldn't let me lift a single bag even if I got on my knees and begged. He was extremely protective of the baby, he always was referring to the baby as his best friend or buddy, he even gave the baby a nickname. It was sweet though, Daniel hadn't even bothered to think about the baby since he found out.

"Ready?" I asked once we were in my car, waiting for Joe's nod or confirmation of some sort. I opened the garage door with the automatic opener, then starting the engine of my small Honda Accord. "Did you get everything from your car?"

"Yeah, and if not, I'll replace it. Obviously, if I left it, it wasn't that important," Joe laughed.

I just shook my head and began to back out of the garage. Once I was in the driveway, I closed the automatic door and pulled into the main road. Soon, we were on our way to the airport.

"You know, I'm really going to miss you," I mumbled. "You are one of my closest friends now."

"I'm going to miss you too, more than you would ever imagine." I saw his lips curl into a soft smile as he wrapped his left hand into my free right hand and gave it a little squeeze.

"I plan on flying out to see a show. I think I told you before, but my fifteen year old cousin adores you guys so I might surprise her and take her to a show," I explained. "I just want to go before I get too big. I can only imagine that a room full of fifty thousand girls screaming your name would not be the ideal location for a pregnant woman."

Joe let out a husky and rather sexy chuckle. "Let me know what show you're looking at and I'll get you guys seats with my family and backstage passes."

"What if I was planning on surprising you?" I teased.

"Then sit with a bunch of overly excited, screaming girls and don't get backstage passes."

I let out a small chuckle. "Actually, I have your mother's phone number and she already has everything worked out. I talked to her about it when you let me come to rehearsal that one time."

"It looks like you have everything planned out."

"I do. I have every single tiny detail planned. But you aren't going to know what show we show up at."

The rest of the ride was silent, the only sound was coming from Joe who was humming to the soft music floating through the speakers of my radio. He still had his hand wrapped around mine and I truly loved the feeling.

In all reality, I loved Joe. I wholeheartedly loved the man sitting next to me. I had since I laid eyes on him nealy a month ago. The only thing is, last time I loved someone, I was screwed over. I couldn't even consider going through that pain again. My heart still ached on a daily basis when I thought about Daniel. I know Joe is a different man, but I wasn't ready for that.

I pulled into the parking lot of Dallas Love Field where Joe's family was flying out from to get to Chicago. It was a rather small airport, but it was still close by so there wasn't going to be a big scene. This is also why they are leaving in the middle of the night, they didn't need big media and fan drama, especially since Joe wanted me to come along to see him off.

"Ready, Baby Bell?" Joe asked, calling me the nickname he came up with a few days ago.

In case you are wondering the history behind the nickname; Joe and his brothers were taking a small break during rehearsal and he came to sit with me. I had a bag of Baby Bell Cheese and a few juice boxes in a small insulated lunch box. He asked for a mini cheese wheel but I said no because he was singing and it would mess up his voice, plus it was a major craving and I just didn't want to share. He's been calling me Baby Bell ever since.

Anyway, I nodded in response to his question and we got out of his car. I stood patiently as Joe began to pull his four suitcases from the car.

"Can I help now? They're on wheels and you are going to need help from someone," I pleaded.

Joe let out a reluctant groan before handing over the two smallest bags. "Just, please let me know if they get to heavy."

I furrowed my eyebrows as I lifted the bags up with extreme ease. "Joe, these are empty."

"Oh, I know," he replied nonchalantly as he started walking toward the entrance of the airport, motioning for me to follow him. "Those are for gifts, new clothes, and anything else I may buy while we are gone. It's called being resourceful."

"It's called taking up space," I muttered as we entered the building.

It wasn't a very long walk before we were in a more secluded section in the airport. It was rather obvious they were taking their private jet and they were all waiting to walk down to it.

"Joe, what took you so long?" His oldest brother, Kevin, asked being the first to notice us as we approached the group. "Our bags are getting ready to get checked before we get on the plane."

"Good evening to you too, Kevin," I mumbled. I left Joe with his bags and walked over to his parents.

"Sorry we took so long getting here," I told them. "Joe was kind of taking his time."

"It's alright," his mother, Denise said with a tired smile. "We aren't leaving until three at the latest. We just wanted to get everyone here and settled."

I nodded as I placed my hands on my back, supporting my tired weight. I noticed that Kevin was done scolding Joe, so I walked back over.

"You know, with your hands on your back like that, you look really pregnant," Joe chuckled softly as he opened his arms for me.

I sighed as I wrapped my arms around his neck and laid against his chest, just listening to his smooth heartbeat. Joe placed his hands on my hips and began to sway us just as he had only about an hour ago. It was clear to everyone --unless they were oblivious to the obvious-- that Joe cares about me just as much as I cared about him, but he was smart and knew I wasn't going into a relationship. Not anytime soon anyway.

"You are really sleepy, huh?" He purred softly. "You look like you are about to pass out. I'm going to have a body guard drive you home and another follow you guys. Just in case."

"Joe, you don't have to. I'm not that tired, I'm just...bummed." I groaned lightly before admitting, "I'm a hormonal wreck."

He laughed, his chest shaking beneath me. "I see."

Joe took my hand and led me over to an empty chair in the back corner of the small, secluded room. He took a seat in the small leather chair then placed his hands on my hips and pulled me into his lap. As he wrapped his arms around me, placing his hands on my growing abdomen, I leaned back into his chest, placing my head on his shoulder.

"So," he whispered, "while I'm gone, do me a favor."

"What's that?"

"Well, first, take care of this little guy," he requested, rubbing my stomach. "Second, don't forget to call and text me. And third, don't forget about me."

I knew exactly what he meant by that last one and it made me grin to myself. "I can do all of those favors with ease."

"Joe, we are going to get going. Everything is ready and we want to head out," his father announced softly.

I stood up and watched as Joe got up. He was obviously not wanting this goodbye, but I knew he would be okay. He's done it multiple times before.

"So, this is goodbye?" I asked.

Joe let a grin form on his soft lips. "It's more like, see you later," he corrected, placing his right hand on my cheek. "Hey, Baby Bell, don't cry."

I let out an embarrassed giggle as my eyes continued to water, my tears on the brink of spilling over. "I'm just really, really going to miss you. You know, I never cried over Daniel like this."

"That's because you weren't pregnant," Joe pointed out, wiping my tears away with the pads of his thumbs. I knew that wasn't the case, it was because Daniel wasn't anything to cry over when he went on trips. The first and only time I cried over Daniel was when he ripped my heart out and put it through a cheese grater.

Out of the corner of my eyes I saw his parents waiting, everyone else had already left. "Joe, you should get going, everyone is waiting on you."

"You're right," he admitted. "I'm going to miss my Baby Bell." He paused for a second and looked deep into my eyes. Soon enough, his soft lips were gently pressed against mine. "That was just a see-you-later kiss. I know we aren't anything more than friends."

I smiled then got on my toes and pressed my lips against his once more. "That's for the road. I'll see you Joe, now get going."

"Okay, see ya' Baby Bell." His hand gently touch my stomach before he said, "See ya' soon Little Baby Bell."

And with that he hugged me once more then walked towards his parents. I watch as he walked out of the area and I was left with two of his body guards. We left the room and walked out to the main part of the terminal so we could see the plane take off.

Eventually, Joe was off to Chicago and I was at home in my bed, thinking about the man that swooped in and stole my heart.
♠ ♠ ♠
So...

THEY KISSED!

Please, please, please comment and subscribe because I'm really putting a lot of effort into this and I want to make sure it's paying off.