I'm A Match That's Burning Out

Eighteen.

I woke up and my shoulder was worse than last night. I stretched before yelping. I needed a massage, ASAP. I climbed out of my bunk and burped before rubbing my eyes.

"Very lady like." Mikey said, I glanced at him.

"Never said I was a lady." I shrugged, walking into the kitchen the rest of the way.

"Nice arm, what'd you do run into a wall?" Jared asked, I looked at the back of my arm.

"HOLY TITTY FUCK!" I screamed, "Yeah, something like that." It was one giant bruise. "What a hoss!" I laughed, they looked at me strange. "You two are the strangest guys I've ever met." I stated, raising my eyebrow. They sat there awkwardly. "Okay..." I nodded to myself, getting a bowl of cocoa pebbles. I stood there at the island eating. The bus door opened and Bri, Sam, Jack, and Vinnie walked on.

"Hey!" Bri said.

"Hey." I said before chewing.

"What bowl are you on now?" Vinnie asked.

"First one, smart ass." I gave him the bird.

"Well, good morning to you too." He rolled his eyes, I grinned.

"Cocoa pebbles in the teeth, very attractive." Sam snorted, I laughed.

"Isn't it? Think I could turn someone on like that?"

"Oh I don't see how they couldn't get turned on." She laughed. Yep, she's my little humor monkey! Love her already.

"So, what brings you four wild children on the bus?" I shoved another spoonfull in my mouth.

"Well, we were just around." Jack said.

"Then we decided to come wake you up, and wanted to know if you wanted to go on a little shopping trip?" Sam asked.

"I have no money, I spent the money I've earned so far on my vet bills and cell bills... and gas money." I stated.

"You have no money?" Bri's jaw dropped.

"Nope. Broke as a joke." I said.

"Tori. Matt pays us $500 a night." She said.

"Yeah? And Quinn and Cheshire need to go to the vets, they need litter, food, Marko needs food and hamster toys. I use my cell too much.."

"Wow..." She said, "You are horrible at keeping cash in your pocket."

"Yeah, I know. Anyway even if I did have money, it'd all be gone if I went shopping."

"Well, I'm sure Matt will give you money." Vinnie said, "You and him seem pretty close." I looked down, sighing.

"You could never be so wrong," I sighed, "We're far from close now." I rolled my eyes.

"Well, just come with us. Alex will pay." Jack said.

"Jack, I'm not having someone give me money to shop. That's Alex's money he earns. Matt's money is the money he earns. And my money is the money I earn." I stated, "I'll be just fine on the bus, trust me."

"Go get clothes on." Bri said, glaring at me.

"I'm not done with my cereal." I stated, she took my bowl and dumped it in the sink, "HEY!"

"Get dressed. Go on ATL's bus. Sort whatever issue with Matt you have out. I'm sick and tired of this. Then, after all that you. Are. Coming. Shopping. With. Us." She pushed me towards the bunks.

"Alright. Calm down, you old coot." I laughed.

"You're older than me." She laughed in return. I shrugged, finding a simple outfit before brushing my teeth and going to the guys' bus.

"Morning, Tori." Rian said, walking passed me towards the kitchen.

"Good morning, Rian. Looking dapper today, I see." I raised my eyebrow at his button up shirt.

"Eh, not really, no clean clothes." He laughed, I did too. I went in the living room.

"Hi Tori," Alex sighed, looking at the floor.

"Al, what's wrong sweet cheeks?" I sat next to him, putting an arm around his shoulder.

"I'm sorry... I didn't mean to..."

"Alex, drop it." I laughed, "I brought myself into the fight, you had nothing to do with it. If someone fucks with my friends they have to go through me first. I won't back down." I said, "so, don't worry your pretty little head, put a smile across those beautiful lips and thank god for another day." I said, kissing his cheek. He chuckled slightly, a small smile pressing his lips. "I love you, Alex."

"Thanks, Tori. Love you too." He chuckled, bringing his arms around me.

"Now, time for me to sort out my issues with Mickey Man." I sighed, standing up.

"He's not on the bus," Alex said,

"Well, where is he?"

"I don't know, I think he went to Starbucks..." He said.

"Oh... alright, have him give me a call later if I'm not home, kay?"

"Will do." He nodded, and I pranced off the bus. I got to Bri and the three others and we went off.

"So, everything cool?" Bri asked.

"With Matt; no, he wasn't on the bus... With Alex; yes."

"Alex?"

"Yeah, he was still down from last night, but I made sure he was cheered right up." I said, she laughed and shook her head.

~

We were shopping for hours I was getting so tired. We finally got back to the busses. Not call from Matt, no sign of him anywhere. I sighed, I knew that was the end for us. You know, my mother once said, "Everything has a beginning and an end." and I'd always reply, "Sometimes things don't begin, they only start with the end. Sometimes they could also end abruptly, unknown." This is where that went into play.

Though, I didn't let that get the worst of me. I had other things to worry about.

I slid into the booth at our table and opened my laptop. I was looking for bands playing in the area, nothing seemed to fix me, until I seen this: A Day To Remember; Ocala, Florida. April 15th, 6:00 PM.

"HOLY TITTY FUCK!" I screamed, Bri came running in.

"What?!" Her eyes were wide.

"ADAYTOREMEMBERINOCALAINEEDTOGO!" I screamed really fast.

"What?"

"A. Day. To. Remember." I started, "In. Ocala," I continued, "I need to go." I slammed my hand on the table.

"You're crazy, did you know that?"

"I'm your best friend, did you know that?" We laughed and shook our heads at each other.

For a while I forgot about Matt...
♠ ♠ ♠
~