I'm A Match That's Burning Out

Seventeen.

I didn't notice Rian close the bathroom door, sure as hell didn't notice someone knocking on the bus door, and nor did I realize him press me up against the wall.

Until now, at least.

"Uh," I stuttered, looking up at him with my arms wrapped around his neck still, "what are you-"

"Bri, I...I'm not good with words." He said, blushing. I stared as he leaned closer, pressing his body against mine. I gasped, shocked.

Where the hell did this come from?

His hand found the back of my head and curled into my hair, his other holding my waist. My arms, and whole body, stayed frozen as he leaned even closer, brushing his lips against mine. My eyelids began to fall as his did and right when he was about to kiss me -

Someone had to start fucking yelling.

And then there's screaming and - did someone just get slapped? We pulled away from each other, flustered, and ran out of the bathroom. Sam stopped us.

"They're fighting!" She yelled, eyes wide.

"What? Who?"

"Alex and Tori! They're fighting some guys out there!" She was scared. Poor girl. Maybe she isn't cut out for this, maybe she's too young.

"Jack," I mumbled to him, "Go talk to her please." He nodded and sat beside her on the couch, arm around her as he tried to comfort her.

"She wants you guys to stay inside."

"Is she crazy?" Rian said, making his way toward the door. He stopped at the sound of police sirens outside. I groaned.

"Damn it, Tori. Not again."

X - X - X

We stayed inside, waiting for them to finish with the cops outside. Tori and Alex told them what happened and the other idiots who, Sam clarified, started the fight were hauled into the police cars. I sat next to Rian, fuming with anger, waiting for them to come inside.

I was angry at Tori for getting into a fight.
Angry at Alex for the same reason.
And angry at both of them FOR INTERRUPTING MY KISS WITH RIAN.

Ugh.

They finally came in, but I gave Tori some time with Matt, because apparently something happened between them before the fight and blah, blah, fucking blah. Tori walked in her with her head down, arms crossed. I stood quickly; you could tell by one glance at my face that I was angry. Rian noticed and grabbed my hand.

"Bri-"

"Don't fucking touch me." I snapped, pulling away from him. Tori looked up in surprise as I approached her.

"Let me explain-"

"Let me guess," I began, "you felt like being a tough ass so you took on some fuck head that had absolutely nothing to do with you?"

"He was messing with Alex." She said under her breath, avoiding my gaze.

"Exactly! That's Alex's business!" I yelled. "You fucking promised me you'd stop fighting, Tori!"

"I can't help it! I'm so-"

"Don't you dare fucking apologize to me. You said that all the other times, and you said you'd stop over and over again but you're never going to!" I was fighting tears now, and I could see she was doing the same. This fighting (and drinking) problem had been going on for a while, and I'm sick of it. "You're gonna get yourself killed, Tori! You can't take on everyone! You're not the strongest person in the fucking world so stop trying to be because I'm not losing my best friend!" She let out a sob and nodded her head.

"I'm sorry," she whispered,"I'm sorry. I won't fight anymore. I promise." She cried, and for the first time, she actually meant it. I wrapped my arms around her and let he cry. It's rare for her to cry in front of anyone. I felt bad for confronting her with the guys and Sam right there but I was just so angry and upset about the thought of losing her, I couldn't stop myself from snapping.

"I love you." I said as I pulled away.

"Love you, too." She brushed at her eyes, glancing up. "Uh." I turned, and immediately every head in the room looked anywhere but us. Jack even started whistling innocently. What an idiot. I wonder what Sam sees in him.

"We're gonna go back to our bus." I said. "We always pass out after we cry." They nodded silently, giving friendly smiles. Alex wouldn't look at me. He thought it was his fault.

"Gaskarth," I said, stepping up to him.

"I didn't mean to get Tori involved." He said, still looking away. I grabbed his face.

"It's okay, big brother." I smiled. "It's not your fault." I pecked his cheek and walked back to Tori. "See you, guys." I waved. "Are you staying, Sam?"

"Oh!" She squeaked, "Uh, I...uhm..."

"Yeah she's staying." Jack nodded, wrapping an arm around her again. She blushed furiously. I grinned.

"Alright." We left and got back to our bus. Mikey wasn't in his bunk.

He was in Jared's. Asleep in his arms.

"I knew it!" I whisper-yelled.

"Aw." Tori smiled slightly. "You think Jared's hiding that he's gay?"

"Yeah, maybe that's why they've been acting weird." I shrugged. My phone rang as Tori left to get dressed. It was Sam. "Hello, hello?"

"You like pianos, right?" Well, that's random.

"Yeah, why?"

"The guys have one and they said they don't want it-"

"GIVE IT TO ME!" I yelled.

"Guys, she wants it!"

"You mean we have to carry this fuckin' thing over there?!" I heard Vinnie groan.

"What a dumb ass."

"It's not even that big or anything. Not a grand piano."

"I don't care. I love pianos period." I paused. "Speaking of Mikey."

"Who said something about Mikey?"

"NOW THAT YOU MENTION HIM-" I said, making her laugh, "he's in bed with Jared."

"WHAT?!"

"No, no! Not like that!"

"...Oh. Aww. They like each other?"

"Guess so. Speaking of liking," I smirked, "how's Jack?"

"...What? I can't hear you! I think we're breaking up!" I heard crackling on the line.

"Hey! No, I know you're crinkling a bag of chips!"

"Actually, it's a bag of cookies." Click. I grinned, shaking my head as I hung up. I really liked her, I'm glad we chose her. AND I GET A PIANO. Score.

"Wanna tell me what happened with you and Rian?" Tori said, suddenly behind me, making me jump.

"Nothing happened." I said. "Thanks to you." I glared.

"Oh." She tried to hide her smile. "Sorry."

"Haha." I thumped the back of her head. She climbed in her bunk with the guy's clothes on again. They had become permanent pajamas for us. I changed into my guy's clothes and jumped in my bunk across from her, holding Rian Jr who Rian Sr forgot to take. Tsk. Horrible parenting.

"Night, Bri." She said, waving.

"Nighty night, Toes."
♠ ♠ ♠
laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa~

FUCK YOU TORI FOR RUINING MY RIAN KISS D;

;] <3