Angel's cry

Blue eyes

She looked at me, I know she did. I could see her beautiful blue eyes staring me from across the playground. She isn’t smiling though… I’ve never seen her smiling but I’m sure her smile is gorgeous; after all, she is gorgeous.

“Hey Mike, look, that freaky girl, Mathilda is looking at you again ahah, maybe she’s falling for you dude”.

I never understood my friends. They are cool to hang out with but when it comes to girls, they’re a bunch of losers, they make fun of every girl at school, and it’s kind of annoying because I’m not like that. I like to see Mathilda looking at me; it makes her look human, look real. I just wished I had the guts to talk to her, but I’m too shy.

“Hey Mike, we were just kidding, we know that not even her would fall in love with someone like you” They started laughing again “You should cut your hair”.

I ignored them again and looked at Mathilda. She blushed a little and looked down, she was so pretty, and I wanted her to be mine.

At night, I couldn’t sleep, Mathilda was on my mind and my imagination was going wild. I sat near the window so that I could see the shining stars who smiled at me. Why hasn’t she tried to talk to me after all this time? I’m in her class since ever and she lives next-door. I never saw her playing outside, I never saw her do anything except looking at me with her blue eyes. I never heard her voice but I bet it is sweet. I looked at her house, it was late but I knew she wasn’t asleep, I had that feeling within me.

***

“Hey Mike, have you been sleeping lately?” My mom asked me the next morning.

“Not really, I can’t fall asleep” I answered truthfully.

“Okay, but if that goes on I’ll take you to a doctor!”.

No doctor could feel what I was feeling, I was in love with Mathilda.

***
A week passed and I saw her every single day, sitting alone in a little bench… hiding from the world. She didn’t even have girl friends to play because everyone loved to make fun of her. One day, I decided to seat next to her at the bench.

“Mind if I sit down?”

She just shaked her head.

“I’m Mike, what’s your name?”.

She got up on her feet and ran away without telling me a word and I felt terrible. I stayed quiet the rest of the day.

“Hey dude, what’s wrong with you? You are sleeping on your feet” said Jared, my best friend.

“He’s in love with crazy freak Mathilda, that’s what’s going on, he doesn’t admit it!”

“You guys shut up, it’s none of your business, what if I’m in love with her, what are you going to do? Make fun of me? Go ahead, I’m leaving”.

I walked away proudly, I’ve always wanted to tell them that.