Status: Done

You Left Me With Nothing but a Kiss

Cause She's In My Dreams, But It's Never As Real As It Seems

Beth was finally back in my arms. And she was staying there.

We had just finished eating and she was playing with Alex in the living room while I did some dishes.

I watched her play peek-a-boo with a huge grin on my face. She was too damn cute.

I heard the front door open and Sarah and Dan and Mark walked in.

"Beth! I missed you!" Her sister exclaimed running over to give her a hug.

She laughed and hugged back.

"Missed you too, Sarah," she smiled at me over Sarah's shoulder.

"Beth, how are ya shortie?" Dan asked, joining in on the hug.

Mark, Sarah's husband waved to me from the living room.

"Thanks for looking after Alex, John," he said.

"No problem. Anytime," I nodded.

"John, don't give Sarah that option," Dan smiled pulling away from the group hug.

"Shut up," Sarah retorted as she went to pick up her baby.

"Hey so how was dad?" Beth asked anxiously.

"He's doing better. He's more alert. He wants to see you," Dan told Beth.
"Really? I'm gonna go now then, before it gets too dark," She said grabbing her coat.

"Hold on, Bee. I'll go with you," I said drying the last plate and stepping out into the living room. I got my coat and opened the door for her.

"Wait Beth!" Sarah yelled.

"What?" She asked.

"Fix your hair before you go," Sarah suggested.

Beth just rolled her eyes and slammed the door.

"You look perfect," I said kissing her temple and taking her hand.

She smiled weakly and stepped into the elevator.

"I hate seeing him in there," she admitted.

I just stayed silent and nodded. I had no idea what she was going through.

"He looks so helpless and weak. I'm not used to seeing him like that," she explained.

"I know, baby. I'm sorry," were the only comforting words I could muster up.

The elevator opened and we stepped out hand in hand and she waved a taxi over. From growing up here, she was pretty good at it.

Once we stepped into the cab she leaned her head on my shoulder. I wrapped my arm around her and kissed her forehead.

"Everything is going to be okay," I soothed.

She just nodded and kept quiet.

We pulled up at the hospital and exited the car. I led her into the hospital and into the intensive care unit where her dad was.

She let go of my hand and rushed over to him.

He smiled and held his arms open for her. She hugged him for a minute and then pulled away.

"You look so much better than you did this morning," she smiled.

"Wish I could say the same for you," he joked.

"Wow, you must be feeling a lot better," she rolled her eyes.

"Thanks for coming Beth," he said genuinely.

"Of course," she nodded.

"And you too, John. I hear you're a big help at the house," he smiled.

"It's fine. I know Beth would do the same for me," I nodded.

"Thank you, John. I really appreciate it," he said.

"You're welcome, sir," I replied.

"Ah cut the 'sir' crap. What are ya? A suspect?" He laughed.

"Sorry, Rich. It's been a while," I chuckled.

"When's your surgery?" Beth asked him.

"My surgery? Didn't your mom tell you? They decided to just put a pacemaker in instead. I'll be out of here tomorrow," he told her.

"Well then why are you still in intensive care?" Beth squeaked.

"No room in the recovery unit," he explained.

"Well I'm just glad you're okay," she sighed.

"Same goes for you, kiddo," he told her. "You're lucky you have John to take care of you,"

"I know," she smiled giving me a kiss on the cheek. My face lit up and I grinned.

"Would you two just get married already?" he pretended to gag while rolling his eyes.

"Dad calm down," Beth told him.

He just chuckled.

We stayed for a couple hours until her dad started to get tired.

"Thanks for coming," Beth said as we left the hospital.

"Anything for you," I smiled. "Did you call Rachael yet? She was pretty worried last night," I reminded her.

"Oh shit! I didn't," she said pulling out her phone.

She talked to Rachael as we walked back to the apartment.

"Okay, bye Rach," she finally said hanging up.

"Bethy, I'm really glad we're back together. I missed you more than you know," I said pulling her into my side.

"Me too, I missed you so much," she said wrapping her small arms around me. "When are you going back to tour?" She asked quietly.

"Whenever you're ready," I replied.

"Really?" She asked looking up at me.

"Yeah, I'm not spending another second without you," I told her.

"Let's leave tomorrow night since you don't have clothes or anything," she suggested.

"Are you sure you're ready? I could just borrow some stuff from Dan," I told her.

"No, I'm ready to go back. My dad will want some peace and quiet when he gets home," she chuckled.

"Only if you're sure,"

She smiled and gave me a sweet kiss.

"I love you," she smiled.

"I love you too, beautiful. Have I told you that I dream about you almost every night?" I questioned.

"No, you haven't. What do I do in your dreams?" She asked giggling.

"Well in some of my dreams you're pretty naughty, but in my other dreams you're usually just doing cute stuff," I told her.

"You have wet dreams about me?" She laughed.

"Oooh yeah," I smirked.

"Well where am I better?" She asked.
"What?"

"Where am I better? In person or in your dreams?" She smiled.

"In person. Hands down," I replied truthfully.

"Good," she said giving me a sexy smirk.

________________

"Babe, I'm home," I called a little pissed that she didn't greet me at the door. I mean, she hasn't seen me for three months.

"I'm in the bedroom," she called.

I raced down the hallway and swung the door open to find her standing there in a short red see through dress and high heels.

My jaw dropped and she smirked.

"Do you like it?" She asked, knowing the answer full well.

I said nothing but raced over to her and gave her a lusty kiss.

"God I missed you,"
♠ ♠ ♠
So a sequel was mentioned... Comment what you think about that. This chapter was really boring so I decided to put it up today. Happy that John and Beth are back together? Also, just so you know right now the setting is around September 2009. That'll be important later. I want ten stars! Thanks for reading!