Sequel: My Father, My Brother

Lullaby And Goodnight

Happy Birthday Gerard

"BOO YA CA SHA!" I screamed bounding into the living room early morning on the 9th April. My sixteenth birthday was finally here. Mom and dad sat grinning at me. There were tones of little presents sat on the arm chair, and a HUGE prezzie by the window. I squeeled and hugged my parents. But I couldn't see my brother. I pulled the prezzie from the top of the pile and jumped with a start as my brother grinned at me. I laughed at the strained look on his face. The presents were obviously heavy. One by one I opened them. Most of them contained things for my new room like, a new bed frame, bed covers, lamp shade, rug, my favourite band posters (about fifty of them), self assembly shelves, a bookcase, and curtains. I loved them all. My biological family hadn't cared about birthdays since I was three. I was thrilled and couldn't show my family how greatful I was. Mikey had got me a stack of CD's I liked and a few band shirts.

I looked towards the huge present. I was trying to wonder what it could possibly be. My dad nudged me into action after a while. I looked up at it, it was slightly taller than me and it was wide too, before ripping the paper eagerly. I squeeled and the professional art set as the largest box fell apart. It was the next box that got me curious. It was about my height and was thin. It had a label on it and I read aloud. "To Gerard. Hope you have a wonderous, fantasticous birthday, Loads of huggles and kissles, from Rachael." I smiled to myself before pulling the box apart. I squeeled as Rachael jumped on me. I'm surprised she didn't suffocate. She jumped and wrapped her legs around my waist. I held her up and felt her arms slide around my neck. I grinned into her shoulder as she squeeled.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" She yelled when she dropped down. I thanked her and kissed her cheek. This had so far been the best birthday ever. Everyone hugged me in turn and wished me a happy birthday just as my grandma Helena burst through the door with bags over each arm. She dropped them all and rushed towards me, holding me tight and congradulating me on my 16th. She threw the bags at me and demanded I opened then right then and there. I grinned at the red and black paint pots. Bat stencils. Different colored spray paints, more random stencils, and fabric paints. Ooooo I was gonna have fun tonight. I hugged her tight and mentally planned out my decorating. I also found a sign for my bedroom door. Helena had designed it herself and had printed the whole sign. It was pretty cool. It had my name across it and faded out pictures of me, me and Rachael, me and her, and one of the whole family (including Rachael) that she had taken over the previous weeks. It had been two months since that call from my dad and nothing else had been heard of him. My mom had reported him to the police, ignoring mine and Mikey's protests. She had gotten both me and Mikey a passport and she was planning on us all going to England in three weeks time. I was the most excited person ever. I'd never been on holiday abroad before, Mikey had once been to Italy with school, but dad wouldn't let me go.

At seven PM on the 9th April, I had my first party in thirteen years. My new father had bought me a birthday cake. He had bought it with plain white icing on it, then put a photo of us all on the front in frosting. It had sixteen candles on it and was trimmed with a red ribbon. It may have been a little girly, but to me, it ment everything. After everyone singing happy birthday to me, we played really cheesy but fun party games (like pass the parcel and sleeping lions ect). It was good fun. A real laugh since we were all too old for it. Even Helena joined in. It was the one birthday before my 18th that I'll always remember, thanks to my new family and friend. Helena promised that one day this week, after school, her and me would decorate and paint my room based on my designs. Rachael was staying the night as her dad was on an over night court case and her mom was attending a vet course. Jake was tending to the stables. I soon found out through Rachael he was a live-in stable boy. He had his own dorm though.

The party soon died off but the unbelieveably happy feeling and the grin on my face never did. Later that night Rachael and I lay together on my bedroom floor. We were laid opposite ways but our heads together.

"Like your surprise?" Rachael laughed as she rested her arm across her toned stomach. I laughed and nodded. It was true, I hadn't expected her to show, I hadn't even expected anyone to know my birthday. I pulled my elbows back so I was leaning on them and watched her. I caught her gaze and held it. She sat up and faced me. Slowly I pulled her forward so she was sat infront of me but with her legs around my waist. I rubber her cheek with my thumb and slowly brought her face towards mine. I felt her warm breath on my cheek as I brought her closer. I finally closed the gap as my lips pressed against hers. I kissed her tenderly and smiled as she kissed back just as gentle. I started to move onto all fours, keeping her legs around my waist as I slowly moved over her. She lent back on her elbows and I lent over her, slowly running my tongue over her bottom lip. She opened her mouth slightly to grant me access. Yeah I stick with my word, this had been the best birthday so far.
♠ ♠ ♠
Im sooooo sorry again for lack of updating. I stayed with my friend over the weekend so I couldn't update. Again, im sorry. At least the boyfriends troubles are over and alls good with us again. Thank you for waiting patiently. Comments of forgiveness? plzplzplz?