Status: Inactive.

I Just Wanna Know What Your Best Friend Knows

Kathleen Hillard, or Kat, as she goes by, is basically the average Dulaney High School female student. Though, only moving to Baltimore, Maryland only the last half of the last semester of junior year, Kat didn’t know nearly as much as the typical student who had lived there all of their life, meaning that she was only just starting to learn exactly how much drama this seemingly ordinary school withheld beyond its doors. In a way, she was just as new to everything as the freshman.

Jessabelle Donovan, or Belle, as she went by, quickly befriended her during their junior year, and their friendship continued to grow stronger throughout senior year. If you had to describe her, she would be the girl that knew everyone. But if there was one thing she was an expert at, it would be getting all of the gossip. It was one of the few things that made her world go round. So naturally, spreading it was something she was just as good at.

The two had hit it off immediately during what little was left of junior year. Belle was like Kat’s personal tour guide and information desk to the cliqués and stereotypes that roamed every corner. They were best friends right from the start, Kat still learning the basics and more of Dulaney as they entered the world of seniors. That was the year everything was supposed to come together, the year of the big blow out, the last year before independence. But that didn’t mean the year would be easy. There was still one unpredictable factor in every high school; boys.

Alex Gaskarth was no doubt a troublemaker. A few words the pair of friends would describe him would include liar, pervert, flirt, and an uncommitted bastard. Girls were attracted to him, no doubt, and he could easily start up some controversy with the snap of his fingers. Needless to say, Belle and Kat weren’t exactly fond of him; Belle because of experience, Kat because of what she’s heard from her best friend.

When Alex starts to take notice of Kat, Belle makes it her duty to make sure they both steered clear of him. Regardless, his attempts to get closer to Kat don’t cease, even if she continually displays nothing but displeasure and repulse with his presence. But does that stop him from wanting to know more? No. In fact, sometimes, Alex seemed to find it to be just another reason to endlessly pester her with his existence.

Disclaimer: The title comes from the All Time Low song, “Keep The Change, You Filthy Animal,” as well as the inspiration for this story. Furthermore, the 100% truth is that Idon’t actually own All Time Low. However, the plot is mine, so are the fictional characters, and everything remotely fiction in this story is solely mine.