Don't Hold This War Inside

Still You Were Lonely

"Who is he?" Caroline asked, kneeling down next to Vienna.

"Jude Meyers. His parents are from France. He was trying to kill himself but I could not let that happen. I just couldn't." Vienna sniffled as venom tears came down her face. George stood at the far side of the room, observing the situation.

"How is his transformation taking?"

"Good so far. I just need him to wake up." Vienna said. Caroline could hear the worry in her voice for Jude Meyers and she felt sadness in her heart.

3 Days Later....

Vienna was the only one home when Jude woke up. She knelt at his side and cried, waiting for him to wake up. Finally, he did.

His short, slightly curly, dark hair seemed even shinier and more illustrious than before. His previously navy blue eyes were now blood red. His tanned skin had grown pale and the muscles on his lean body seemed even more defined.

"Where am I?" he whispered, his voice slightly raspy.

Vienna gasped and started crying harder. "Oh, you're awake!" she said, hugging Jude tightly. He seemed surprised tightly.

"I thought you were dead! I saw so many die before their time and I couldn't bear to watch you die. I'm so sorry!" Vienna sobbed into his chest.

Jude sat there, wondering what she meant, felt an aching in his gums and throat. Vienna pulled away from him. "You need to hunt. Come with me."

Vienna pulled Jude by the hand out of the house and through the woods to an are where she knew too many mountain lions resided. They were becoming a bit of a problem so Vienna thought this was the perfect place to take Jude hunting.

"Why are we here?" he asked.

Vienna gently explained to him what happened and what he was now, something he thought was rather funny. "Why do you laugh?" Vienna asked innocently.

Jude smiled. "I am a huge believer in fate is all." he said.

Four hours later, Jude had fed from about twelve mountain lions and was satiated beyond belief.

"How do you feel?" Vienna asked quietly, a hand on his arm as they walked back home.

"Full," he replied. "But in a good way. What is your name?"

She looked down. "Vienna Schrieber."

Jude was quiet as they walked back to the house. Finally, he turned back to her. "What did you mean when you said that you saw too many people die before their time?" he asked.

Vienna was afraid to say anything at all. The thought of the camps made her close in on herself. Jude seemed to understand this because he put an arm around her and said, "You don't have to talk about it right now, Vienna. Tell me when you're ready."

Meanwhile In Ann Arbor, Michigan......

"You're Jasper Whitlock?" Carlisle asked tightly.

"I am." Jasper replied.

"You have an accent. Are you from Texas?"

Emmett gave Carlisle a look, telling him to stop but Carlisle didn't catch it. Jasper, however, did. "Houston to be exact."

"Were you married once?" he asked Jasper.

"Once."

The tension in the room was palpable and everyone was growing uncomfortable. Carlisle stared hard at Jasper before speaking again. "You can stay."

Moments later, he was back in his study.

Carlisle Cullen was pissed beyond belief. He found it hard to believe that Jasper Whitlock just happened to show up. He had to know that Caroline was still alive, right? It had been nearly 63 years. How could Jasper not have run into Caroline?

It didn't make sense.

But then, he thought, she doesn't remember anything about her life before that day. Just remembering her broken, mangled body lying on the grass by the lake brought tears of venom to his eyes.

It didn't make sense.

How could someone just not remember their life? Carlisle remembered what happened when he'd grasped hands with her. It had seemed that all her memories had transferred to him.

He knew everything that had happened to Caroline and it was for this reason that Carlisle found himself fighting the urge to rip out Jasper's throat for all the pain he'd caused her.

"What just happened down there?" Emmett asked, stepping into the study and closing the door behind him.

Carlisle shook his head and sighed. "Do you know how hard it is to even be in the same room as him knowing what I know about him? Do you have any idea how much its taking for me not to tear him to pieces?"

Emmett tugged at his lip thoughtfully. "You were in love with this girl?"

"I was. I am. But she was still in love with him. She thought he left her for someone else and he died. She has no idea he's still alive and the same is for him." Carlisle explained.

Emmett nodded. "Alright. But why do you want to let him stay here if you feel this way?"

"I have to make sure he gets nowhere near Caroline. She can't be hurt again." Carlisle said.

"Alright. I'll help you."