Don't Hold This War Inside

Warm Me Up and Breathe Me

64 Years Later....October 17, 2010

"You can't leave yet." Caroline said from the doorway of the bedroom she and George shared. They had never made use of it but for one thing.

"Caroline, I have to. The Volturi want me in Italy by tomorrow night." George said, trying to walk away. Caroline pulled on his arm and he came toward her, his arms wrapping around her waist.

"Aro won't mind. He's an old friend of mine." Caroline said before bringing her lips up to meet George's. He laughed and pushed her into the room, closing the door behind them.

Caroline was splayed across the bed in only a red lace bra and matching underwear. George was still shirtless from their last round. She smiled at him as he lay down next to her on the bed. Her hand linked with his and George's arm was thrown across her waist, pulling her closer.

"I love you, George." Caroline said, placing a passionate kiss upon George's lips. He returned it fervently and somehow he found himself hovering above Caroline.

"As I love you." Those were the last the words he said before pushing himself into her. Caroline let out an animalistic cry that could be heard miles away.

Downstairs....

Jude laughed, hearing the noise from upstairs and looked over at Vienna. She had closed herself up in a corner and was trying her hardest to block out the noise.

"How about we get away from here for a while?" he asked, putting his arms around her.

Vienna nodded and got up. The two hurried away from the house and to the cliffs that over looked the beach outside Port Angeles. Jude sat down on the edge of the cliff, his feet hanging over the edge, and pulled Vienna down to sit in his lap.

He wrapped his arms around her and pulled her to him. "This is beautiful."

Vienna sighed. "It is." she replied, her Hungarian accent just as strong as the day he'd met her.

Jude kissed her hair softly. "I love you, Vee." he whispered.

Vienna smiled barely and leaned into Jude even more. "It is crazy," she said. "When I was in the camps, I never thought I would see the true light of day ever again. And I see it everyday that I am with you."

Jude stared down at her intently. "What became of your family?"

"By the time Caroline and George raided my camp, my sisters, my aunts, my grandmother, my cousins, and my father were already dead. All of them died by the gas chambers except for my sister, Sophia. She was shot in the neck while trying to escape the first day." Vienna explained.

Jude could hear the sadness and pain in her voice. "What about your mother?"

"She died of starvation."

It was hard for Jude to hear such a thing. Having lived in America all of his human and also having been raised Jewish, he never realized how close his parents had come to being stuck in France during World War II.

"My parents left France in 1928, the year I was born, just as the war was about to begin. They were French Jews and they came close to being stuck in France. My father's side of the family moved to England but my mother's family was still in Poland, where she was born. Her entire family was killed." Jude said.

Vienna sighed. "I am sorry. It appears that we both have enough sadness and pain to spare for the other."

Both of them were quiet for a while before Vienna spoke again.

"You never told me why you were trying to kill yourself when I found you." she said cautiously.

Jude sighed. "My father had been killed in a mugging. He was everything to me. He taught me everything I know."

Vienna nodded. "I understand."

And that was all that was between the two. They both understood the other's pain and both could fix it with one another.

They stayed at the cliffs until almost midnight before deciding that it was time to make their way back home.

Meanwhile, back at home....

George was gone now, on his way to Italy. Caroline sighed as she pulled on a pair of jeans and a dark purpled sweater. She shoved her feet into a pair of tennis shoes and pulled her hair back. She'd decided she would go hunting.

Caroline raced through the woods outside of Port Angeles in search of mountain lions and grizzly bears. They had been extremely overpopulating the area and Caroline thought she'd take care of it.

She was draining her fourth grizzly bear when she felt she was not alone in the woods. Caroline spun around, blood dripping from her lips, and saw a tall, blonde man with golden eyes staring at her with shock and disbelief.

"Caroline?"

Carlisle's P.O.V (3rd Person)

Carlisle couldn't believe his eyes. Before him stood Caroline Farrow-Whitlock, the woman he hadn't laid eyes on in almost 126 years. She looked up at him with something akin to confusion before she took off through the woods faster than a bullet.

Was it really her?

Of course, it was. There was no other reason or explanation. Carlisle knew what he saw and what he saw was Caroline Farrow.

Caroline's P.O.V (3rd Person)

She knew him. She knew that man. She could feel it in her bones and in her heart and in her soul. The blonde man had been apart of her life before her accident.

But what was his name?

Did he live in Port Angeles?

She had no time to think as she got home and sat on the porch, waiting for Jude and Vienna to return from wherever they had gone. Caroline would need their help for this.

"Just came back from hunting?" a voice asked.

Caroline looked up and saw Jude walking toward her with his arm around Vienna. "Yeah, I did. Look, Jude, there was this vampire with me in the woods. I have no idea who he was but...but I know him. He has something to do with my past, Jude, I feel it."

Jude sighed. "Well, then. I guess we'll just have to go investigate this vampire then."

"Are you sure?" Caroline asked.

"Yes. What does he look like?"