Status: Completed

Have Faith In Me

There’s really no way to reach me ‘cause I’m already gone.

“So how are you and Mike?” Matthew asked his daughter as they sat on the grass in the park.

Grace had spent so much time with Mike and her friends the last few weeks she hardly spent time at home. She felt like she was abandoning her family so she told all of her friends that she had to spend time at home for a while. At the moment Grace was at the park with her dad and brothers, Eddie, her aunt Michelle, uncle Tanner and Gabi. They all decided to have a picnic because the weather was so nice. Eddie and Gavin were playing Frisbee and Carter, Michelle and Gabi were playing with Michelle’s golden retriever Sunny. Grace was laying on the blanket with her dad soaking up the sunrays.

“We’re good. He told me to tell you hi, by the way. I talked to him earlier.” Grace said looking over at her dad.

“Well whenever you talk to him next tell him I say hi too.” Matthew said. “What does he do anyway?”

Grace hesitated before speaking, “Um he plays drums in a rock band with his brother Vic. You met him before.”

“Yeah I remember. Are they good?” he asked smiling at his daughter.

“They’re so good dad. They love making music and you can see when they perform.” Grace said

“Who is else in the band with them?” Matthew asked

“Their two friends Tony and Jaime. Vic sings and plays guitar, Tony plays guitar and Jaime plays bass.” Grace explained as her dad simply nodded.

“Well I’m going to save the overprotective father speech and just say that I hope he makes you happy because that’s all I care about. If he doesn’t’ he’s going to have to deal with a lot of guys coming after him.” Matthew said nonchalantly making Grace laugh.

“I’ll make sure I tell him.”

Grace decided to join in on the game of Frisbee with Gavin and Eddie. After about twenty minutes, Grace heard her dad call her name. she turned to face him and saw him awkwardly patting the back of a crying Callie and a pissed off looking Emmy. Grace threw the Frisbee to Gavin before jogging over to her dad and friends.

“What’s wrong?” Grace said immediately wrapping her arms around Callie. She noticed her dad walk away and Emmy moved closer to her and Callie.

“Jonny showed up at Tony’s house while we were all there.” Emmy said

“Well why is Callie crying and why do you look like you’re ready to murder someone?” Grace said pulling Callie down onto the blanket. Callie took the spot across from them and sighed.

“Jonny really pisses me off. Plus Tony got into this so now I’m mad at him.” Callie said running her fingers through her hair.

“Callie what happened?” Grace asked as Callie wiped her tears away and looked at Grace.

“Jonny came over to Tony’s place, like Callie said, and at first he was just hanging out with the guys. Then he said he wanted to talk to me. I was going to say no but I remembered what you said about hearing him out when you slept over my house so I said ok. He started to say how sorry he was for everything and that he regretted and how he wished he could take everything back.” Callie explained “I could see that he was serious but he was that serious the first time he told me he loved me and that he would always be there for me and he cheated and asked me to get an abortion. I just didn’t feel like I could trust him. So I told him I couldn’t deal with him and I left.”

Grace looked over at Emmy when she heard her start talking.

“Then that’s when Jonny followed her out of the kitchen saying how he apologized and she should just forget about everything else and take him back. Callie said no it wasn’t that easy and that it would take more than an apology to get her back. Then Tony had to jump in and say that it wasn’t like Callie could get anybody else anyway so she might as well take what she could get and not be picky.” Emmy said shaking her head.

“He said that?” Grace said shocked

“Yeah. I can’t believe him.” Emmy said angrily

“I told you he didn’t like me Grace.” Callie said softly

“I thought you were just exaggerating. I mean Mike didn’t treat you bad.”

“Yeah well maybe Jonny told Mike what really happened. I don’t think Tony knows.” Callie said

“I never told him.” Emmy said

“You knew too?” Grace asked

“Yeah, I went with her.”

“Oh. Well what did you say when Tony said that?” Grace asked handing both girl bottles of water out of the cooler.

“I told him to shut up. Tony doesn’t know everything that happened between them and because of that he had no right to say shit. That’s what I told him. He didn’t like that though. One bad thing about Tony is that he hates being embarrassed or having his pride shot down. He gets really defensive and is liable to say anything. Which is why he said I needed to shut up because if it wasn’t for him I’d be a nobody and would be in the same situation as Callie.” Emmy explained

Grace looked at Emmy with a dropped jaw. She never would’ve thought Tony would say something like that.

“So I told I was glad to know what he really thought of me and grabbed Callie and we came here. I remembered you telling me that you would be here with your family. I’m sorry I invaded in. We just really needed to talk to you.” Emmy said

“Don’t be sorry. My family doesn’t care, really. So what is everyone else doing?” Grace asked

“I’m pretty sure Sophia and Jaime left as well as Vic and Mike. I mean they weren’t really in it so I don’t know why they would stay in the awkwardness.” Callie said drinking some water.

“Has Tony tried calling you?”

“Of course he has. I haven’t answered though. I know he didn’t mean it but I’m going to let him sweat a little bit. Can we hang here with you guys for a bit?” Emmy asked

“Absolutely.” Grace said standing up. “Do you guys like playing Frisbee?”

~~~~~

After a long day at the park Grace was finally home. She was hanging out in her room uploading all the pictures she had taken that day. She couldn’t help but smile as she saw her family with all smiles and having fun. She was printing out some pictures when her dad called her. She walked to the top of the stairs and looked down to see Mike standing by her dad. She jogged down the stairs just has her dad walked back into the living room.

“What are you doing here?’ Grace said hugging him.

Well I just had to ask you something and I was passing your house so I thought I’d stop.” Mike said rubbing her sides.

“Ok. What is it?” Grace asked

“So I’m assuming you know what went down today right?” He asked

“Yeah the gist of it.”

“Ok well Jonny really wants me and you to help him get Callie back.” Mike said

“Mike, she was really upset today. I think he should wait a few days before trying to talk to her again.” Grace said seriously.

“He wants to talk to her now.”

“Well if he doesn’t want something thrown at his face, tell him to wait. She needs to think about some things first. He can’t push her into making a decision.” Grace told Mike as he nodded.

“I know. He just looks so pitiful.”

Grace shrugged before saying, “Well whatever he’s feeling tell him she felt a million times worse.”

“Ok well besides that I just wanted to see you.” Mike said pulling her closer to him.

“I saw you three days ago.” Grace laughed

“Well that was still too long.”

Grace stood on her toes and quickly kissed Mike on the lips.

“I missed you too.”

“Good to know. I’ll go now. I’ll call you tomorrow.” Mike said kissing Grace before walking towards the front door.

The couple kissed one more time before Grace closed the door.

“You guys are cute.” Grace looked over to see Eddie and Matthew staring at her. She immediately blushed and began jogging up the stairs.

“Look she’s blushing.” Eddie said laughing.

“Stop teasing her.” Grace heard her dad say before shutting her bedroom door.

Even though people teased her she didn’t care. Mike put a big smile on her face and she wasn’t scared to show it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here you go.
I'm going to post a new story later tonight so look out for it.
\m/