Status: Completed

Have Faith In Me

Wasted time. All along you were just wasting mine.

When Grace woke up the next day she had a headache, sore eyes, and a sore throat. She had a rough night and even with the comfort she got from her brothers, her friends and even her dad and Eddie she still couldn’t stop crying. Sadness and depression was all she had felt. But as she sat up in her bed all she felt was anger and hate. She hated Katie and wanted nothing more but to strangle her. Grace had never done anything to the girl, nothing that she didn’t deserve. Mike breaking it off with her had nothing to do with Grace and she felt like she shouldn’t have been targeted because of it. She hated Jerry for mentioning the bet. She hated Jonny for taking part in the bet and encouraging it. After all the things she had done for him and with all the advice she had given him about Callie that’s how he repaid her. She hated Tony because he was supposed to be her friend and he took part in the bet. As much as she hated to admit it, she hated Vic too. Vic may not have contributed in the bet but he still knew. Grace thought of Vic as a best friend and he should have told her. He knew how Grace felt about being lied too and he was nothing more than one of those people now. But most of all she hated Mike. She hated him for breaking his promises. He said he would never lie and that he wouldn’t hurt her and he had done both. The fact that he looked right into her eyes and lied to her made her blood boil. She had been nothing but a great girlfriend to him and she didn’t deserve what he did to her. No one ever deserved to go through something like that. So she was going to put all the depression, whining and crying behind her. Grace wasn’t that kind of girl. She was a strong girl and before all of this was over, everyone would know just that. She got out of bed and showered quickly before putting on a pair of black skinny jeans and a grey v-neck. She threw her hair into a ponytail and put on a pair of sneakers. She heard her phone vibrate and walked over to it. She looked and saw that she had two missed calls, one from Mike and one from Vic, as well as four text messages, from Shayley, Beau, Gabe and Callie. She remembered Callie calling the night before and Gavin answering. He probably told her friend what had happened. She decided against reading the text and just calling her. It rang three times before she heard her voice.

“Who the fuck do I have to kill?”

Grace couldn’t help but smile as she heard her friend talk.

”Please tell me that what Gavin told me last night isn’t true?”

“I wish I could tell you that Cal. It’s true though.” Grace said softly.

”Are you okay babe? I would’ve come over yesterday.” she said seriously.

“I know you would have. I’m good though. I was pretty bad yesterday but today I have a new perspective on things.” Grace said

”It sounds like you have a plan, an evil one at that. I want in.” Callie said

“That’s why we’re friends. Doesn’t Katie live by you?” Grace asked.

”Yeah, about ten minutes.”

“Well I’m coming to pick you up and we’re going to pay her a little visit alright?”

”Absolutely. I’ll be ready when you get here.” she said laughing.

“Okay.” Grace said. “Oh yeah. If anyone calls you don’t answer.”

“Got it.”

“Okay. See you soon.”

Grace hung up the phone and read through Shayley, Beau and Gabe’s text messages. They all asked if she was okay. She sent them all the same answer. That she was fine. She then listened to Vic’s voicemail.

Hey G. We’re back! I’m so glad to be home. You have no idea how much the guys drove me crazy. Anyway I want to see your face today and you have no say so just come to Mike’s house whenever you wake up. We’re having a get together slash end of tour party. I can’t wait to see you best friend.

Hearing Vic’s message pulled at her heartstrings a bit but she promised herself that she would stay strong. Vic sounded happy to see her but after everything she’s found out she doesn’t know what to think. She then listened to Mike’s voicemail.

Baby I’m back. You don’t know how anxious I am to so see you. I missed you so much. We all did. I can’t wait to kiss you since I haven’t been able to in two weeks. I’m having a get together at my house and everyone is coming. Call me when you wake up. I want you to come over as soon as possible. I really need to see you baby. I love you.

Grace could feel tears coming to her eyes but she blinked them away. She didn’t want to cry anymore. She wasn’t going to. She deleted both messages and stood up grabbing her bag and keys before leaving her room. She jogged downstairs and right into the kitchen. She noticed her dad sitting at the counter drinking coffee and reading the paper. He looked up at his daughter and sat the paper down. He walked over to her and pulled her into a hug. She wrapped arms tightly around his waist and took in his comforting scent. Grace was so happy that her and her dad had settled things. He really had been there for her every step of this trip. She didn’t know what she would’ve done without him.

“How are you sweetheart?” He mumbled into her hair after kissing her forehead.

“I’m good, dad.”

He looked down into her eyes and spoke, “Really?”

“Really. I’m fine dad.” She said firmly.

He smiled and kissed her forehead again. “That’s my girl.”

He let her go and picked up his paper. Grace grabbed a bottle of water out of the refrigerator and turned to her dad.

“I have to take care of some things. Can you tell Gavin to meet me at Mike’s house at two?” She said.

Matthew nodded and Grace started walking out of the kitchen. “Okay. I’ll see you later.”

Grace left the house and hopped in her car, quickly speeding off. She made it to Callie’s house in record time. When she pulled up Callie was already outside waiting. She got into the car and pulled Grace into a tight hug.

“I’m sorry this is happening to you. You don’t deserve it.” She said sympathetically.

Grace simply shrugged and Callie moved back to her seat buckling her seatbelt.

“Well if its any consolation I’m going to kick Jonny’s ass so bad when I see him. He can forget about us dating again.”

“Callie this has nothing to do with you two.” Grace said

“Fuck yes it does. You’re my best friend. Plus he was supposed to be your friend and he still did this to you.” She said seriously.

“Yeah but he that doesn’t mean he doesn’t love you. Plus according to Jaxin they were drunk.” Grace said

“So the fuck what? That doesn’t give them the excuse to act like complete dicks.” Callie said loudly. “Are you not mad at them?”

“Of course I am. I’m just saying what Jaxin said and I don’t want to prevent you and Jonny from being together just because of this.” Grace said looking at her friend.

“Well you didn’t prevent anything, he did. I can’t trust him.”

Grace nodded and pulled away from the curb. “Okay where is Katie’s place?”

Callie starting giving Grace directions and ten minutes later they pulled up at a small house. Grace parked and quickly got out of the car.

“What are you going to do?” Callie asked excitedly

“Just wait and see.” Grace said climbing the stairs.

Grace pounded on the door and the girls heard a voice call out from the inside. Callie looked over at Grace and saw her waiting patiently for Katie to open the door. Callie looked back at the door just in time to see Katie opening it. Callie noticed the smirk on her face. She opened her mouth to speak but Grace interrupted her by connecting her fist to her face. Katie fell to the ground holding her nose and Grace used her foot to push the girl inside of the house. Callie walked in behind her and closed the door. Grace kneeled down next to the girl and roughly grabbed her hair.

“Now you listen to me Katie. I don’t know what kind of girl you thought I was but I’m sure you have a pretty good idea now. I don’t play fucking games. Whatever happened between you and Mike had nothing to do with me and you should’ve left me alone. But no, you had to make things difficult and because of that your nose is probably broken. I really don’t want to mess up that pretty little face anymore than it already is but I will if you don’t cooperate. So do you know what you’re going to do?” Grace said looking down at the girl.

“What?” Katie said in a quiet voice looking scared.

“You’re going to take that video down from whatever sites you posted it on, delete it and do damage control. I’m not going to be looked at as some slut, catch my drift?”

Katie nodded and Grace finished talking.

“If you don’t do this by the end of the day, I’ll pay you another visit. So your best bet is to just do it. Got it?” she said seriously.

Katie nodded again and Grace let go of her hair before standing up.

“I’m sorry.” Katie said in a small voice. “I don’t know what I was thinking-“

“I don’t want to hear your bullshit Katie. Just delete it.” Grace said before pulling open the door and walking out. She walked back to her car and got inside. Callie got in and stared at her. When Grace noticed she raised her eyebrow at Callie’s blank face.

“What?” Grace said.

“You…are my fucking hero!” Callie yelled. “That was the most incredible thing I’ve ever seen in my entire life. Oh my god, I love you!”

Grace laughed and started the car. Before she could pull out her phone rang. She looked at the screen and saw Gavin’s name.

“Hey.”

”Hey sis. I’m heading over to Mike’s now. Are you there yet?” Gavin asked

“No. I’m on my way there now. When you get there just wait for me and Callie.”

”Okay. I will.”

Grace hung up with her brother and started driving to Mike’s house. Grace stayed silent thinking about what she would say to Mike when she saw him. She knew that whatever she had going through her mind right now would be thrown out the window when she actually saw him. Callie looked over at her friend and saw the thoughtful look on her face and decided to let the girl keep to her thoughts. She knew she need this time to get her mind together. Time passed quickly and before Grace knew it she was pulling up to Mike’s house. She saw Gavin getting out of his car with Carter as she closed her door. Callie walked around to stand next to Grace as Gavin and Carter walked up to her.

“Where did you go this morning?” Gavin asked hugging his sister.

“I just had to take care of something.” She said looking towards Mike’s house.

“Are you ready to do this?” Carter asked placing his hand comfortingly on Grace’s shoulder.

Grace just nodded and the four of them walked to the house. As they moved inside they were immediately met with music and the smell of Mexican food. Before Grace could take in everything two pairs of arms wrapped around her.

“I missed you so much Gracie. I don’t care what you say, next time you’re coming with us.” Sophia said

“Yeah you would’ve loved it out on the road.” Emmy added

Grace smiled softly at the two girls. She wanted to greet them the way they did her but knowing that Mike was somewhere in the house dampened her mood.

“What wrong girl?” Sophia said noticing the sad look on her face.

“If you tell us where Mike is and follow us you will find out Soph.” Gavin said

“Well he’s in the backyard with the guys.” Sophia said.

Grace immediately walked to the back door and slid it open. When she walked outside she saw Mike and Vic standing by the grill as Jaime, Tony, Jonny, and all of the Of Mice & Men guys scattered across the yard in chairs. Grace saw Shayley and Jaxin look at her and they sent her sympathetic smiles. Jaime also noticed her and jumped yelling her name as he walked over to her.

“I missed you Gracie!” he said lifting her off the ground. Grace patting him on his back and smiled softly at him.

“I missed you too Jaime.” She said as he moved next to Sophia.

“We’re still undefeated too. Shayley is good.”

“I told you he was.” She said quietly.

“What’s the matter?” Jaime asked in a worried tone.

Grace didn’t answer him though because she looked ahead and saw Mike walking toward her. His smile was big and he looked happy but she wasn’t. She tried to think of something to say to him but no words came to mind. He walked up to her preparing to hug her and she did the only thing she could think of. She slapped him across the face. She heard her friends talking behind her and everyone that had been sitting down was now circling them. She looked up at Mike who was looking down at her with a hurt and confused look.

“So I was a bet, huh?”

When those words left her mouth, all the color drained from Mike’s face. Vic looked on guiltily and Jerry, Jonny and Tony stood there awkwardly. Jaime, Sophia and Emmy looked at each other with confused faces.

“Wait, what?” Jaime said.

“Oh Jaime you don’t know?” Grace said in an unexpected calm voice. “Your buddy Jerry over there bet Mike a hundred bucks that he couldn’t have sex with me. Then two of your best friends, Jonny and Tony, also bet a hundred. Mike would get three hundred dollars for fucking me.”

Emmy looked at Tony who had his head down and pushed him roughly.

“Are you fucking kidding me?” she exclaimed.

“I was drunk.” Tony tried to explain.

“That’s not an excuse.” She yelled again.

“Mike is this fucking for real?” Jaime said with an angry face.

When Mike didn’t speak Sophia exploded.

“Oh my god. Mike you are unbelievable!” Sophia yelled. “How could you do something like that to Grace? You’re fucking disgusting.”

“I wasn’t thinking clearly.” Mike mumbled

“That for fucking sure.” Shayley said from the side. Mike then looked over at Jaxin.

“You said you wouldn’t tell.” Mike said

“Oh no.” Grace said grabbing Mike’s attention. “Don’t you dare try to blame Jaxin for this. He was being a friend, since Vic here who I thought was my best friend wasn’t doing his job.”

Vic looked at Grace sadly before speaking. “G I tried to talk him out of it.”

“You should’ve told me Vic.”

“I didn’t think he would-“

“You should’ve told me Vic!” Grace said loudly. “You were supposed to have my back. I had to find out from Shayley and Jaxin only after I found out that your psycho bitch of an ex-girlfriend fucking taped us having sex and put it on the internet!”

Mike’s eyes widened at the comment. Grace noticed Jerry look away and raised her eyebrow.

“You knew about the tape didn’t you?” she asked.

Jerry scratched the back of his neck nervously.

“You fucking knew that?” Mike said loudly. “Why didn’t you tell me?”

“I didn’t know Katie was going to put it on the internet.” Jerry said

The backyard was silent he the sentence sunk into Grace’s mind.

“So you were with her? Both of you were there when she taped it?” Grace said clenching her fists.

Mike looked over at Jerry breathing heavily. “You let her into my house?”

“You told me you were going to do it and I wanted to make sure.” Jerry said shrugging.

Mike began to stalk over to Jerry but Gavin beat him to it. Gavin threw a punch at Jerry, sending him flying into the pool.

“If you know what’s good for you you’ll stay in there.” Gavin said seriously glaring down at Jerry. Grace looked down and started talking.

“It’s clear that I put way too much trust into all of you. I put myself out there to be friends with all of you. Jonny I fucking helped you with Callie.” She said as he looked at her guiltily. “And I’m not going to even get started with you Vic.”

Vic looked down sadly and played with his hands. Finally Grace looked at Mike and shook her head.

“I hope that money was worth it.”

“I didn’t even take the money Grace.” Mike said walking up to her before Carter stepped in front of him. Mike backed up and continued talking.

“What we did that night I didn’t do because of the bet.”

“Well that’s not what Jerry here said.” Gavin added pointing to Jerry, who was still in the pool.

“I just said that to him. I was going to tell him the truth when we left.” Mike explained. “Grace I meant it that night when I told you I loved you.”

“Yeah well that doesn’t mean anything to me now Mike. This here,” she said motioning in between them, “is over. We’re done.”

Grace turned away from him and made her way out of the house with Callie, Carter and Gavin following. Grace was walking to her car when Mike ran out of the house after her.

“Grace, wait.” He said coming up behind her and grabbing her wrist. Gavin immediately pushed Mike back and punched him in the face. Mike grabbed his jaw and looked at Gavin.

“Stay away from my sister Mike. I mean it.” Gavin said seriously standing eye to eye with him.

Gavin grabbed his sister’s hand and pulled her away. Mike cursed to himself and looked up to the sky. Vic had warned him. He told him not to do it because there would be consequences. He didn’t listen and now Grace hated him. He looked over at the group and sighed walking back into his house. Grace watched as Mike sulked back into his house. Gavin had his arm around her shoulder and she looked up at him.

“You okay?” he asked softly.

“I just want to go home.”

“Okay. Let’s go.” He said about to let her go when she spoke again.

“No. I want to go home.

When she said that again he knew she meant home as in New York City and as much as he hated the thought that was what she needed. She need to be with their family and her friends and go back to work. That would help her get her mind off of things, off of Mike. That’s just what she needed.

“Well let’s go call mom.” He said with a smile.

Grace hugged her brother tightly.

“Thank you Gav. For everything.” She said with her head against his chest.

“Anything for you sis.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you all for commenting on the last chapter.
I appreciate it a lot.
This is a long chapter and I have a feeling that i'm going to get a lot of gooood comments on this chapter. ;)
Let me hear it!

\m/