Status: Completed

Have Faith In Me

For some reason you caught my eye

Grace had been laying out on the beach soaking up the sun, not that she needed the tan. She just needed to take her mind off family stuff and hanging at the beach was working at the moment. She was laying on her back on her beach towel listening to Girls and Boys in School by Neon Trees when she felt someone next to her. She opened her eyes and looked through her black sunglasses, up at a girl who was looking down at her. Grace pulled out one earphones and pushed her sunglasses on top of her head.

"Yeah?" Grace asked curiously

"Sorry to bother you but is it cool if we sit over here? There is another spot but its infested with bad little kids." the girl said chuckling as Grace smiled.

"Yeah, sure. That's no problem." Grace said

"Ok," the girl said putting her stuff down. "I just didn't know if you were alone or if you waiting for people or what."

"Oh no. I'm by myself." Grace said pushing her glasses back down to cover her eyes.

"Why?" the girl said confused.

"Well I just moved out here for the summer. I don't really know anybody but my brother." Grace said shrugging

"Well you should hang out with me and my friends. We're cool." the girl said smiling.

"I bet you are." Grace said chuckling

"I'm Sophia. What's your name?" she asked putting on sunscreen.

"Grace. Nice to meet you."

"Same here." Sophia said before looking to her right. "You want to meet my friends?" she asked

"Sure." Grace replied

The girls chatted for a few before they were joined by a group of four people.

"Ok guys, this Grace. Grace, this is my boyfriend Jaime." she said pointing to a guy with spiky hair. He looked nice and friendly.

"Hey what's up?" he said nicely.

"Hey, nothing much." Grace said smiling at him as he sat next to Sophia.

"Those two love birds over there are Emmy and Tony." Sophia said pointing to the couple who were too busy eating each others faces to notice her. "I promise they aren't this rude all the time. They just haven't seen each other in a while."

"It's cool." Grace said laughing

"And lastly this is Vic." Sophia said pointing to the guy with long brown hair and brown eyes.

"Hey." he said with a smile and a wave.

"Hi" she waved back.

"So Grace, I hope you know that since you have been introduced to the group you are now part of our crew." Jaime said smiling at her.

"I'm ok with that. Now my summer won't be boring." she said.

"Oh it won't be boring all right…." Jaime mumbled before Grace was picked up and thrown over a shoulder. She could see Jaime by Sophia and Tony by Emmy so that only left Vic.

"Whoa kid! What are you doing?" Grace yelled grabbing his sides as he ran into the water.

"This is your initiation." he said laughing.

"Vic. Put me down!" She said firmly.

"Ok." he said simply as Grace fell into the cold, salty water. She quickly came back up to see Vic, as well as all of her newly made friends, laughing at her. She smiled to herself before looking darkly at Vic. His smile immediately dropped and he started to back up.

"You're gonna get it now."

~~~~~~~

The sun was setting when Grace decided that she should be heading home. She had a great time hanging out with Sophia and her friends and planned on hanging out with them more throughout the summer. She was collecting all of her stuff when she heard a new voice talking Jaime. She turned around to see a tall guy looking at her. He had long black hair that was covered with a beanie, two lip piercings, and tattoos covering his body. She also noticed his brown eyes. They looked like Vic's.

"Oh Mike this is Grace. She is here for the summer from New York. Gracie this is Mike. He is Vic's brother." Jaime explained

Mike nodded at Grace before speaking.

"What's up?" he said smirking

"Hey." Grace said with a small smile.

The look that Mike was giving her gave her butterflies. She was glad that she was already slightly red so he couldn't tell she was blushing.

"You're fucking gorgeous, you know that?" Mike said bluntly.

"O-oh uh…um....thank you." Grace said looking away from his hard stare. "I gotta go."

"Ok well I'm calling you tomorrow. We're having a girls day and you're coming with." Sophia said smiling at Grace.

"Cool. Well I'll talk to you guys later. It was nice meeting you Mike." Grace said quickly

"Yeah, same to you." he said still staring at her.

Grace quickly picked up the red bag she had bought earlier and made her way to her car. When she reached it, she threw her bag into the backseat and turned to get in the car. She noticed Mike still looking at her. When he noticed her looking back he smirked. She threw him a friendly wave and got into her car. Grace laughed to herself when she realized how she was just acting.

"What the hell is wrong with me?" she said out loud "He's just some guy."

If only she knew he was going to be more than just some guy.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the wait.
School is kicking my butt.
Hope this doesn't suck because I feel like it does. lol
Anyway comments would rule. \m/