Status: Completed

Have Faith In Me

It was really nice to meet you. Goodbye.

Today was the day. In a matter of a two hours Grace and Callie would be on the road to New York. Grace was ready to go and never look back. The longing feeling in her heart for Mike was still there but she felt like when she left California and it would go away. She hoped it would go away. The little doubt that was hanging over her disappeared though when she thought about seeing her mom, step dad and Brooke. New York was her home and she couldn’t wait to get back. Excitement was flowing through her veins.

“Someone looks excited.”

Grace looked up from her computer and looked at her older brother. He stood in her doorway with a smirk gracing his face. Grace laughed and nodded.

“I am…and Callie’s coming. I’m excited.”

“Well I’m glad. I hate seeing so sad.” Gavin said

“I hate being sad.” She said looking down.

“Well I hate to be the bearer of bad news but…” Gavin said trailing off.

Grace looked at her brother with a confused look before nodding at him to continue.

“Vic is here.”

Grace stared at Gavin as she sighed. She was surprised that Vic was here. She actually expected it. Vic hadn’t stopped trying to get into contact with her and him showing up at her house was just another attempt. Grace stood from her bed and walked out of her room with Gavin following. She jogged down the stairs and walked to the front door pulling it open. She immediately saw Vic leaning against the railing. When he noticed her he stood up straight and pushed his hands deep into his pockets. She walked out of the door and closed it behind her. They both stood there in silence for a few seconds before Grace took a seat on the top stair. Vic hesitated before sitting down next to her. He didn’t know what to say to her.

“I’m sorry.” He blurted out.

“I know.”

Vic looked over at Grace with a shocked look. She didn’t sound angry or upset. She said it so easy like she was totally over it.

“What?” Vic said trying to understand.

“I know you’re sorry Vic. You don’t have a mean bone in your body. I know that you tried to help. I just felt so betrayed…and I was so mad, You understand right?” Grace said looking over at the boy.

“Yeah I do. I just thought you didn’t want to ever talk to me again. Plus I got so many threats from Brooke. I was legitimately scared.”

Grace laughed at this and Vic couldn’t help but smile. Grace’s laugh was contagious. It made people feel happy. It always did.

“You should’ve heard what she said about Mike.” She said looking out at the yard in front of her.

Vic and Grace sat on the porch in a comfortable silence. Grace was trying to figure out how to tell Vic that she was leaving. She knew he would be upset. They were really close and she knew he would take it hard. But she had to do this.

“I’m leaving.”

Vic looked over at Grace when she spoke and sighed.

“Why?”

“A lot of reasons. Mike, the video…I just really want to go home Vic. I miss my mom, my friends, my job. I just need to get away.” Grace said softly.

“So are you just going to forget about us? I know all of this hurt you but I still consider you one of my best friends. If you leave I’ll never get to see you. Plus Mike-“

“Vic to be completely honest I don’t care about Mike’s feelings. He hurt me, not the other way around. He deserves to feel guilty. I don’t feel bad about not talking to him.” Grace said firmly.

Vic nodded and looked down at his hands.

“Are you at least going to tell him? He loves you Grace and he should know.”

“I’m not telling him. I know he’ll come here and try to change my mind and I don’t want to deal with that.” Grace said simply.

“Well when are you leaving?” Vic asked trying to get more information out of her.

Grace just looked away and Vic knew that meant she wasn’t going to tell him. Vic turned when he saw Callie walk out of the front door with bags. She passed them and walked to Grace’s car putting her stuff in the back seat.

“Callie’s going with you?” he tried again.

“Yeah. She told me she wanted to experience New York so I invited her.”

“So you’re really leaving?” Vic said sadly.

Grace looked at her friend beside her and nodded. She saw the sadness in his brown eyes and felt bad but she had made a decision and she was sticking to it.

“Well you’ll still call right? I don’t really have anyone else to talk about history channel shows with.”

Grace smiled and immediately wrapped her arms around Vic. He mimicked her actions and rubbed her back.

“I love you Vic…and of course I’ll still call you. We’ll talk about gang wars.”

Vic smiled before speaking, “I love you too, and you better. I don’t want to fly out to NY to beat you up.”

“I promise you won’t have to.” Grace said pulling away. Vic and Grace stood as Callie walked back up the stairs.

“You know, Jonny is going to be so sad you’re leaving.” Vic said to Callie. She simply shrugged and rolled her eyes.

“He can deal. If he really loves me he’ll find other ways to prove it.” She said making Vic laugh. Grace watched Vic and Callie hug before Vic turned back to her and hugged her again tightly.

“I’m going to miss both of you. Take care of yourselves alright?” Vic said looking at both girls.

“We will Vic.” Grace said smiling. He poked Grace cheek as she smacked his hand away. He jogged down the stairs, to his car before getting in and driving off. Callie turned to Grace and wrapped her arm around her shoulder.

“You’re still sure about this right?”

Grace nodded and turned to face her friend.

“I’m sure.” She said.

“Well let’s finish loading up the car.”

“Yeah, right. You’re crazy. That’s what I have two brothers for.” Grace said before walking into the house.

~~~~~~

Mike was lying in the same spot he had been in for the past three days. Ever since his party the only thing that’s been on his mind was Grace. She was all he thought about. He cursed himself for all of the dumb things he had done. He lost Grace and it was the worst feeling in the world. Knowing that he couldn’t call her baby, or hold her, or kiss her killed him. He had gotten so used to her being around that now that she wasn’t he didn’t know what to do. He missed her dearly and he wished with everything in him that he could go back and change what had happened. He would do it all over if it brought Grace back to him. Mike looked over at his dresser when he heard his cell phone ring. She grabbed it reluctantly and moved it to his ear.

“Hello.” he said blankly.

”Hey bro.”

“Hey” Mike said sighing.

”What are you doing?” Vic asked

“Nothing.”

”Mike I have bad news.”

“Really, Vic? I mean I’m already at the bottom I don’t think anything can break me anymore.”

”Grace is leaving California.”

When Mike heard those words leave his brother’s mouth his heart dropped into his stomach. He sat up quickly and grabbed his head.

“W-what?”

”Grace is leaving. She told me earlier. She’s going back to New York.”

“W-when is she leaving?” Mike spit out.

”I don’t know. I asked her but she wouldn’t tell me.” Vic said ”All I know is that Callie is going with her and when I was over there Callie was putting stuff in Grace’s car.”

Mike immediately stood up and started putting on whatever clothes that were closest to him.

“Do you think they’re leaving today?” Mike said a panic.

”I don’t know Mike. I really don’t know.”

Mike leaned against the wall trying to wrap his head around everything Vic was telling him. His heart was racing, his palms were sweating and he felt like breaking down and crying.

”Mike?” Vic said

“Yeah.” Mike said in a broken voice.

”Go get her Mike. If you really love her, you have to stop her. If she leaves you may never get her back.” Vic said seriously.

Mike simply hung up the phone and leaned his head back against the wall. He didn’t know what he was going to say but he had to think of something and quick. He couldn’t let Grace leave. Her leaving would be enough to completely break him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Its the countdown to the end. I'm getting kind of sad.
Anyway i would really love and appreciate it if every subscriber commmented.
The regulars and the ones that haven't.
I really want to know what everyone thought of this story.
So between these last four chapters drop a comment.
You guys rule. :)

\m/