I'm the Loner, and He's the Jock

Meeting Someone New and Finding Information Out

I was walking passed the office after school when a guy comes out and walks right into me.

"Watch where you are walking," I said before looking up at his face.

"I was, clearly you weren't," he said.

"No, you weren't," I said as I went to grab my cell phone that fell out of my hand.

"Yea whatever. But hey, do you know Alyssa Duke?" he asked.

"Yes, I do. Why you ask?" I asked him wondering why he wants to know if I know my wife-to-be.

"I was just wondering if she still lived in the area. We used to be very good friends. I'm Dakota by the way," he explained.

"I'm Chad Wheeler, and yeah she does," I said offering him my hand.Dakota took my hand and shook it.

"You wouldn't know where she is would you?" he asked. I laughed remembering her text message telling me she broke my ex girlfriend's nose.

"I do, she's at home, but I don't have her address. We can hang out and I can find it out for you," I said wanting to get to know him better and find more out about Alyssa.

"Why is she home? Is she sick or something?" Dakota asked.

"No, she got suspended for punching a girl in the face and breaking the girl's nose," I said with a smile. He started laughing.

"Alyssa would do something like that," he said.

"Hey, do you know why she doesn't talk?" I asked seeing how we were already talking about her.

"No, she would never tell me. I just know it started when her brother died," he replied.

"She had a brother?" I asked in disbelief and sighed.

"Yea, they were twins. It was a drunk driver I think," Dakota replied.

"Wow. Hey, do you need a ride home or did u drive here? I mean I can give you a ride if you need it," I said.

"Sure a ride would be awesome," he said. I felt my phone vibrate in my hand as I started to lead the way to my car. It was a text message from Alyssa.

'Hey, can we hang out? I'm crazy bored at home and I decided we might want to try and be nice to each other and get to know one another,' it read.

'Sure. I met someone today that you might know. Can they come too?' I texted back.

'Depends on who it is,' she replied.

"Uhhh, Hey Dakota, what's your last name?" I asked.

"Brown, why?" he asked.

"Alyssa asked if I wanted to hangout, and I asked her if I could bring someone she knows," I replied.

'It's Dakota Brown,' I texted her.

'Ok he can come.' she replied. I smiled.

'Where do you want to meet?' I asked her.

'The park is fine,' she replied.

'Okay see you then,' I said putting my phone into my pocket and unlocking my car while silently thanking God that I live in a small town with only one park.

"Want to come to the park?" I asked Dakota

"Sure, I want to see Alyssa, I miss her," he answered climbing into my car. I nodded and started up my car. I pulled out of the parking lot and drove the few minutes drive to the park. I saw Alyssa sitting at the swings when I parked the car. Dakota and I got out of the car and walked towards Alyssa. I saw her face light up when she saw Dakota and she started running towards him. Alyssa jumped into Dakota's arms and he laughed.

"I missed you," Dakota said spinning her around. When Dakota put her down she pointed to herself then held up too fingers.

"Alyssa, did you leave your notebook at home?" I asked her. She shook her head and pointed to the swings, where her bag sat on the ground.

"Oh, well let's go then," I said walking towards the swings. Alyssa nodded and followed me, with Dakota at her side.

"Alyssa, we should tell him," I said looking her in the eyes. She looked at me, sighed an nodded. We arrived at the swings and I sat down on a swing and patted my lap.

"Tell me what?" Dakota asked. She raised an eye brow at me but sat on my lap none the less. I smiled.

"We are arranged to be married," I said wrapping my arms around her. Dakota busted into laughter. I looked at him.

"What?" I asked.

"Your like 18, you can't be getting married. Can you?" He asked looking towards Alyssa. She nodded and reached for her notebook.

"It's something to do with our parents, and their company," I said.

"Yeah, I wasn't happy about it but Chad broke up with his girlfriend to make this work," Alyssa wrote.

"Wasn't? You mean you're happy about it now?" I asked.

"Not one bit but I'll pretend to be for my parents' sake," she wrote.

"Oh," I said.

"Wow, so your parents' are forcing you to get married?" Dakota asked Alyssa. She nodded.

"I don't know when, But I'm not looking forward too it," she wrote. I sighed.

"What do I need to do to make you happy to marry me?" I asked. She just shrugged her shoulders. I felt Dakota looking at us.

"Yes Dakota?" I asked looking up. He just shook his head. I felt my phone vibrate.

"It's something," I said. I picked up my phone and saw I had a text message from Stacie. I groaned in looked at it.

'Hey baby, do you want to come over?' it read.

'We are not dating, leave me alone, we are through,' I texted back angrily.

"Something wrong?" Alyssa asked me.

"Stacie is texting me and is trying to act as if we are dating still," I answered her.

"That chick is nuts. I really hope I broke her nose though," Alyssa wrote with a laugh. I laughed at her and thought about what her voice would sound like.

"Alyssa, why don't you talk?" I asked. Alyssa froze up and stopped laughing.

"I already told you. I have my reasons," she wrote.

"Please, I want to get to know you like Dakota does. I mean you said it yourself, we should get to know each other," I said.

"I know, I just don't know you well enough to tell you yet," she wrote back.

"Well, ask away whatever you want to ask, I'll answer," I said.

"Should I leave?" Dakota asked.

"You can stay, I would like to get to know you," I said.

"Uh ok. I just thought you two would want to be alone," he said.

"We ain't a couple... she obviously doesn't want to even trust me. So you are welcome to stay and get to know me and I get to know you," I said with a sigh.
♠ ♠ ♠
here it is thanks y'all for waiting
Lexie123 the co-author who has the honor of bringing you Alyssa's point of view help me write Chad's point of view today since I couldn't figure out how to go about it so here it is comment and subscribe please :)