Status: inactive for the time being

Take a Chance

Soon Enough

Abigail sat on Severus’ bed as he looked over her wound. She would feel him poke at it every now and then but knew that he was only trying to help

“Why didn’t you tell him?” Severus asked. Confusion took over Abigail’s features

“Tell who what?”

“Sirius and about your past”

“I cant, plus he’s a player. If I told him then he would somehow use that against me”

“How do you know he’ll use it against you?”

“He’s The Sirius Black. If he doesn’t get his way then someone suffers” Abigail told him. Severus nodded as he finished up. He soon sat in front of her

“You cant be afraid of your parents forever”

“I have no other choice”

“Abby, You know you’re more than welcome to stay with any of us”

“Your parents are afraid of mine!” Abigail exclaimed as she stood up. Severus looked at her as tears welled up in her eyes. She was right though. All their families were afraid of hers because they had so much power. Before she could think about saying anything, she shook her head and walked out of the room. She was slightly dizzy but she ignored it and kept going. As she rushed down the stairs and passed everyone else, she couldn’t get the thought of her parents popping up out of her head. She faintly heard everyone calling her name and asking her questions but she ignored them all.

Abigail had rushed down the corridors trying to get away from everything. She wasn’t sure what she was trying to get away from but she needed to get away from it. As she was running, she wasn’t paying attention to where she was going causing her to bump into someone. The person had caught her and held her to them. She cried her eyes out in their chest, the person wrapping their arms around her tighter

“Im so sorry about what I said last night” The person told her. Abigail just hid her face in his chest as she held onto him tighter. She wanted to feel safe and thats how she felt right now.

Sirius laid is head on hers and just let her cry. He knew that what she was going through was horrible even though he didn’t know what was going on. He had felt bad for hurting her as bad as he did. He didn’t mean to physically hurt her. He had felt so bad that he had stayed away from everyone the night before. He ignored James and Remus, not wanting to be around any of them. Even when Lilly was trying to talk to him about Abigail, he didn’t want to hear it and shut them all out.

Abigail had pulled away enough to look up at him. The way he looked at her made her go weak at the knees. She shook her head as their faces got closer

“Im sorry, I just cant”

“Why not?” Sirius asked softly as he rested his forehead against hers. Abigail had closed her eyes as more tears fell from her eyes.

“Because then you would get hurt. I want to tell you, I really do but I just cant” She told him as she pulled away and started to walk back to the Common Room.

Sirius stood there and just watched her. He knew that she cared about him because if she didn’t then she wouldn’t be trying to protect him from whatever it was that she was afraid of. He sighed and went to find the one person that he knew would probably be able to him get her.

Remus sat in the library, reading up on The History of Magic. He was hoping that he would catch Abigail but so far he had no luck. The room was quiet thanks to Professor Pince, so when he heard someone walking in, he looked up from his book to see Sirius walking towards him. He sighed and closed his book. Sirius had taken a seat next to Remus

“What can I do for you Padfoot?”

“I need your help”

“With?”

“Abigail. I saw her this morning. She was crying and I tried to get her to tell me what was wrong but she refused to tell me. She claimed that she did want to tell me but she just couldn’t”

“Sirius, if you knew the danger of the situation she is in, then you would understand but this is something that she cant tell you. Not only would you get hurt but everyone else who knows about it, i.e. Lilly, Abby and I, would get hurt. Some more than other. Have you thought about how you knowing would effect Abby?” Remus asked.

Sirius had looked down at his hands that he had placed on the table. He didn’t think about it but knew that all he wanted to do was help the woman he was in love with.

“I can protect her”

“Im sure you can but she does want to tell you. But If you do end up knowing, your world will change and she better be the main thing you worry about because what’s about to happen, wont be pretty” Remus told him. Sirius nodded.

Finally, he was going to find out what Abigail was so afraid of. Remus was going to tell her what she could tell him and that he swears to protect her with his life. But little does he know, he might lose his life in order to save hers.