Status: :) :D xD n_n ^-^ :P ;) ;P :] ;] Comment, lovessss! <3

Punch-Drunk Love :)

A Town Like This

Disney World. The place where dreams come true. You'd never guess the people you will run into, who you will to fall in love with. Endless possibilities in the palm of your hand.

---♥---

"I can't believe we're here." Cailey breathed as she let her eyes take in every shop and ride around us.

She eagerly searched her bag for her camera, a triumphant smile spread across her lips as she retrieved her purple flip cam. I let my eyes wander in amazement. Amazed that we were actually at Disney, on our own. No parents tagging along telling us what to do and when to do it. It was the trip we'd been planning ever since we were five. We made a pact to see it before we died; one strike on the bucket list.

It was only a few months after we graduated high school. A month before we started college in Phoenix; before we were forced to grow up. This was our first trip alone, also the furthest we had ever been from home.

Cailey and I had grown up together; lived next door to each other all of our lives. Even our parent's were best friends. We went through everything together, always by each other's side. Inseperable.

"Lissa, do you wanna take a picture?" Cailey's voice brought me from my reverie. I nodded enthusiastically, hoping to rid her worried face. It worked. She positioned us at the entrance, next to a Mickey Mouse picture. She held the camera in front of us, the click signaled the picture had been taken.

We hadn't been at the park long but it was already hot, I was regretting the make up I had decided to wear. It felt as if it was running down my face. Cailey seemed to be thinking the same thing as she dug her compact out of her bag. I followed suit by pulling mine from my bag. Surprisingly my make up was still in its place, no black streaks down my cheeks. We quickly shoved our compacts back into our bags, making our way deeper inside the park.

There were so many rides, so many shops, and so many people. I had never been in a place that crowded before. Cailey sensed my uneasiness and linked her arm with mine, leading us toward the The Haunted Mansion . The ride we promised we would ride as soon as we got to the park.

We took our place in line, behind an middle aged couple with two teenagers. Both were seemingly unhappy to be there. I rolled my eyes, remembering my rebellious stage. The point in every teenager's life when your parent's are 'uncool' and you'd do anything to get away from them.

"Were we that bad?" Cailey giggled, pointing her index finger towards the two kids.

"I hope not." I bit my lip trying to hold back the laughter. I was unsuccessful. The laugh passed through my lips, causing my body to shake. Upon seeing me, Cailey let out her laugh. There we stood in Disney World laughing like idiots, and we couldn't care less. You could almost feel the carefree energy surrounding us.

The wait for the ride wasn't extremely long. We passed the time by snapping more pictures, and mindless chatter. The parents in front of us occasionally mumbled a rude comment directed towards us.That only caused us to go into more laughter.

The cold air of the 'mansion' was greatly welcomed, opposed to the thick humid air outside. We walked further into the ride, the temperature dropping even more along the way. 'Ghosts' jumped out at us, we screamed in surprise on more than one occasion. It was more fun than scary.

"Where to next?" I eagerly asked Cailey. I was excited to explore the park more, and to go on more thrilling rides. Cailey didn't answer me.

I turned to find her, panic setting in when I didn't see her beside me. I did however see a boy with glasses, and another boy standing beside him. I also saw Cailey on the ground, cheeks red with embarrassment. I furrowed my brows in confusion, wondering what happened.
♠ ♠ ♠
Disney World!
I promise John and Stephen will be in the next chapter for sure :)
Thanks to my lovely co-author FourLetterLaLaLie
Comment loves?
Lissa's Attire
Cailey's Attire