Time Won't Heal This Damage

Mending

As Jacob held Eliana in his arms while dancing he couldn’t help but think what Silver told him before Jacob ripped his head off.

“You think you know her?” Silver said. “I’ve seen her kill cold-blooded. She’s like me, a killer. You might want to overlook it, but I see the true monster she is.”

Jacob in wolf formed just growled menacingly at the leech.

“She is never going to be normal, Jacob.” Silver said. “Just think about this when you kiss her, hold her and tell her you love her. She has KILLED. She has MURDERED.”

Jacob had enough and lunged at the leech.


His words bugged him.

He didn’t want to believe Eliana could kill.

How could someone so fragile be dangerous?

He wanted to believe she could change, but he knew it wasn’t going to be easy because Eliana wasn’t the type who liked change.

“You look so beautiful,” Jacob whispered in her ear. “I want to just eat you up.”

Eliana giggled and looked up to his eyes.

“I like the sound of that.”

“Baby?” Jacob asked.

“Yeah?”

“You wouldn’t go back to your old ways, right?”

Eliana stopped dancing to look at him straight in the eyes.

“What do you mean?” she asked.

“I mean, that if you were in a tight spot… you wouldn’t go back to your mobster ways, right?”

Eliana was a bit hurt by his question, but it was reasonable. She thought about it and her immediate answer was no. She shook her head.

“I wouldn’t think about it for a second, Jake. I’m going to change. I know I can’t change what I’ve done, but I can make amends for the rest of my life.”

Jacob smiled.

“I just don’t want to see you hurt ever again!” Jacob held on tight.

Eliana laughed and pushes him away slightly when she couldn’t breathe.

“Jacob?” she said.

“Yes?”

“I want you… tonight.”

Jacob froze. Was she thinking what he was thinking? He looked into her blue eyes and saw how they were clouded with lust. He would’ve taken her right there, but he remembered there were a lot of people.

“Are you sure?”

“One hundred fucking million percent.” She grinned.

“But… where?” he asked.

Eliana grinned and she took his hand and led him to their table. She took her purse and took out a key.

“It’s for a cabin that the Cullen’s have. They let me have it.” Eliana said.

“But it’s going to smell!”

“It’s going to be worth it.” She said.

Jacob couldn’t tell her no. Heck, he wanted her so badly he was willing to do it where it would stink like leeches.

“All right.” Jacob said.

Eliana grinned.

“Good, cause it was already planned and I would’ve made you do it!” She pecked his lips.

During the middle of the reception Eliana played a song for the couple. It was a solo she wrote herself and everyone was impressed with her skills. She did things only a professional could do, but to Eliana it was like breathing.

The party went on until midnight and that’s when everyone started to leave. Jacob was nervous. A whole night with Eliana. He hoped everything would go well.

Jacob and the other stayed to clean the beach. Eliana helped. Jacob couldn’t stop thinking about what was going to happen. He was so damn nervous.

Jacob watched Eliana as she took down the lights. He saw as she balanced herself so good in that chair. Almost like Angelina Jolie in Mr. and Mrs. Smith. Once again Silver’s words bugged him.

He killed the words and paid attention to his job. He had to pick up the cups left on the floor.

“Well, we must say goodbye,” Carlisle’s voice came. “We are leaving tonight.”

“Jake!” Nessie said.

Jacob took her into his arms.

“We’ll see each other soon, Nessie, promise and you can always call me.” Jacob promised.

Nessie pouted she touched his face and showed him how much she was going to miss him.

Eliana was talking to Bella.

Jacob then saw Edward looking at him.

“What he said is not true,” Edward said as he looked at Eliana and then back to Jacob. “She’s not that person anymore. She never was. You need to believe in her.”

Jacob nodded.

Edward hoped it wouldn’t create problems for Jacob. Eliana needed someone who could trust her and give her a second chance.

Eliana hugged Bella, Alice, Rosalie, Esme and Nessie.

“We’ll be back in a couple of years,” Alice said and tapped her temple. “I can assure it.”

Eliana giggled.

“I can’t wait.”

“Good luck tonight.” Alice winked and went next to Jasper who just waved at Eliana because he still had trouble with his ‘bad’ side.

Emmett hugged Eliana.

“Go get some Jacob!” Emmett yelled after he let’s go of Eliana.

Eliana smacked her forehead.

“Nice one.”

“I know.” Emmett grinned. “Bye, Ellie.”

Eliana and Jacob watched as the Cullen’s left. Jacob placed an arm around her shoulder.

“It’s going to be weird.” Eliana said.

“I know, especially without Bella.”

“You were close with her, weren’t you?” Eliana said.

“Yeah… when Edward left her… she was such a mess and… I thought I could…” Jacob didn’t finish.

“Heal her heart?”

“Time heals… like it will you.” Jacob smiled.

Eliana said. “Time won’t heal this damage, Jake… but you’re mending it.”