Time Won't Heal This Damage

Stupid Voice of Reason

I’m a stalker. Jacob thought as he followed Eliana on her motorcycle to wherever she was going. He wasn’t content with her just leaving so abruptly and he wanted to know about her. He knew where she was headed already, it was First Beach, but he wondered why.

The water was too cold to actually go swimming.

She parked her bike and Jacob changed back to human and slipped on his sweats. He was breathing a little fast from the run. He watched as Eliana walked down to the beach.

Someone was waiting for her. It was a boy. He seemed older than her. He looked about twenty or nineteen. He was human. His heart stopped beating when she placed her full lips on his and when his hand went to her ass and squeezed it.

It took all of his will not to go down there and rip the guy’s arms off of her. He had to get away. He just couldn’t watch it. But he stayed. He stayed and watched as they made out. She had someone else. She was taken. Why does this always happen to him?

First Bella and now his imprint was actually happy with another guy.

At least he’s not a vampire. Jacob thought bitterly.

When he finally could walk away he felt so empty. He went back home and locked himself in his room. He couldn’t handle all of this drama.

You like her.

Stupid voice of reason, go away!

She’s your imprint you’re meant to be with her. All you have to do is win her with your charm.

She’s taken! Didn’t you see how happy she was with that guy?!

She would be more happy if she was with you--us, you know what I mean.

I don’t want to hurt her.

You could never hurt her.

Jacob’s annoying voice of reason was saying the truth. He would rather die than hurt her.

In school the next morning Jacob waited for Eliana. He watched as she arrived walking. Without her bike. She looked pretty pissed. He steps in front of her and she stops a couple of steps before she got to him.

“What?” She asked in a bored tone.

“What happened to your bike?” He asked.

She scoffed. “Piece of shit wouldn’t start.”

“Why don’t you let me have a look at it?” Jacob offered with a smile.

She didn’t seem to care if he smiled.

“No thanks.” She said giving him a mocking smile.

“I’m trying to be friendly here.”

“I don’t need your pity.” She started to walk past him.

“I’m guessing your boyfriend will fix it.”

She stopped walking and turned to him.

“I don’t have one.” She narrowed her eyes at him.

Jacob glared at her. How dare she lie to my face? He thought but then soften his look she didn’t know that he knew because then he had to explain why he was following her.

“You mean a pretty girl like you isn’t taken?”

She crossed her arms. “Now you’re saying I can’t get one?”

How did she twists his words like that?

“N-no I’m sure you can get every guy--”

“Oh, so now I’m a slut?” She said clearly offended but she was merely playing with him.

Jacob got nervous. “No you’re not a slut. It’s just that you’re pretty and it’s surprising that yo--”

“Chill, Jakey I’m just yanking your chain.” She laughed sincerely for the first since he saw her. She walked away still laughing. He walked after her.

“Wait, so you do have a boyfriend?” He followed her to her usual spot where she read her book.

She stopped and turned to face him. He was too close. His heat was overbearing.

“Just because we’re partners for a project doesn’t mean we’ve suddenly become BFF’s all right? Aren’t you still hung up on that Bella chick?”

She saw as he flinched a little.

“I heard she got married with that Cullen guy. I saw him once, real cutie.” She smirked and he balled his fists. “I would’ve picked him too.”

“You really are a bitch.”

“And you really need to mind your own fucking business.” It was for the best if he stayed away from her.

She didn’t want to bring him into the middle of the mess she’s in.

Jacob walked away fuming with anger. He was angry. He was furious. He was shaking. He needed to calm down. He couldn’t phase in front of half of the school.

He took several deep breaths and managed to calm himself down.

During English Eliana felt guilty for what she said to him. She hit below the belt and now she was paying the consequences. Jacob wouldn’t even glance at her. Not like she cared but she did care… in a way.

Shit, what is wrong with me? She thought as she stabbed her pen on her notebook. She glanced at him and took in his features. He was tall. Way taller than she remembered. He wore this tight white shirt that hugged his muscles making them visible.

When he moved his hand to take notes his muscles moved. He got a whole lot cuter. His hair was shorter, to his shoulders and he wore it in a pony tail.

She sat as far away as possible from him. At lunch she read another book. Her phone vibrated. She took it out and answered.

“Yeah?”

“Looking hot, babe.”

Eliana looked around to see where he was. She watched as a black BMW was parked in front of the school. La Push High School had no fences so it was easy to spot.

“Right now?” She asked in a growl.

“Yes now! I have a job for you! Now get in the car.”

She closed the phone and put her book in her bag. She noticed she had to walk by Jacob and his friends in order to get to the BMW. She watched as he watched her. She looked at the ground so her hair could hide her flushed face.

Jacob glanced to where she was walking. It was a black BMW. He put the dots together and as she was about to pass him he jumped from the table.

“Jake!” Quil and Embry called out.

He took her arm and spun her.

“Are you ditching?”

She tried to take her arm back but he only tightened it. He didn’t know he was actually hurting her. She already had a bruise there.

“Let go, Jake, let go.” She warned. She looked at the black BMW and then back to him. “You really need to let me go.”

“Eliana--”

“Don’t make me do this.” She said.

“You can--”

She kicks him in the shins and he let’s her go. She runs away while he holds his package. Quil and Embry both go to him.

“What happened man?” Quil asked.

“She kicked him in the shins is what happened.” Embry said. “Why do you even bother, Jake?”

They watched as she got in the black BMW.

“Because she’s my imprint.” Jacob said and the car drove away. “I’m going to follow her.”

“What?” Quil and Embry said.

“I have to protect her… it’s in my nature.” He went into the forest and phased and followed the BMW.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for the comments:

elshiexx
hachie
Brooklynn Marie
vie perdu.
Poison.The.Hero
Darren Cordeux
Erinnnn.xo
Wings of the Night
choirgirlx3