‹ Prequel: You're My Addiction
Status: Hiatus until further notice!!

You're My Everything

Date Night?

“Brian, can you get that?” Ellie called as she stuck her head out of the bathroom door. The doorbell just rang, and since she was already taking too long to get ready, she didn’t want to be interrupted just to answer the door.

Ellie ran her fingers through her hair a few times, trying to make sure everything was just in the right spot. She wanted to look nice for tonight since it would basically mark the beginning of their new relationship. She had been excited for this all day, and even though she had known Brian since they were both little, she was surprised to find she was just a little bit nervous to go out to dinner with him.

They hadn’t exactly dated years ago, and their relationship consisted of things like sneaking around and pretending like neither of them had their feelings invested in one another. Now, it was going to be just a little bit odd to go on a normal date, a first date nonetheless, with someone she had already gone through everything possible with.

Brian still hadn’t answered her back, and Ellie let out a little sigh of frustration as she sprayed her hair with hairspray one last time. She was done getting ready now, so she made her way downstairs to answer the door herself. She had no idea where Brian could be, and come to think of it, she hadn’t seen him or heard him walking around the house for the past half hour.

“Brian where are you?” Ellie called into the silent house one more time as she placed her hand on the handle of the front door, getting ready to open it. Still, no one answered her back, so she just shook her head in confusion as she opened the door. She really had no idea where he could be.

What greeted her on the other side of the door surprised and confused her to say the least. All she could see was a huge vase filled with the most gorgeous pink lilies Ellie had ever seen. The arrangement was so big that she couldn’t even see the person who was delivering them to her.

“Who are these for?” Ellie asked as she reached for the flowers to help the delivery man out. They looked like they were really heavy and he had been waiting at the door for awhile.

“They’re for you of course.” The surprised look on Ellie’s face was comical as Brian’s head peered around all of the flowers. He had been the one holding them, not some delivery boy.

“Wow, they’re beautiful, Brian,” she said with a huge smile on her face. She had a feeling her smile probably looked a little silly, but she didn’t care because it was a genuine one. “Why didn’t you just let yourself into the house for? I was wondering where you were.”

“Because this is a date,” he said, following her into the kitchen so she could put the flowers onto the table. “And I’m here to pick you up.”

And she used to question why she had ever loved him so much. Ellie knew there were those times when Brian could be the sweetest and most thoughtful person on earth, and that was the side of him she had fell so hard for so long ago.

“Well, thank you for the flowers,” she said, moving a few that had fallen out of place when Brian had been transporting them. “How did you know that lilies were my favorite?”

“There’s a good chance that Val may have given me a little help,” he admitted, looking away from her.

“That’s a good thing!” Ellie said. She could tell he was embarrassed about going to someone else for help in planning their date. “I’d rather you get some advice from Val than just guess.”

“Good, now let’s go. I’m starving after waiting outside so long for you to get ready,” Brian said as he wrapped an arm around her shoulders and guided her to the front door. Ellie stood on her toes to give him a quick kiss on the lips as a thanks for being so thoughtful.

“Hey, I was taking so long to get ready just for you,” Ellie said.

“Don’t worry, I appreciate the thought behind it,” Brian said with a smirk as they walked to the separate sides of his car. “I was just thinking that you looked really good tonight.”

Ellie tried to roll her eyes, but she still couldn’t help but smile. “You don’t look so bad yourself,” she said as she took a seat. “I mean, you were pretty dirty after you came home from tour, so I’m glad you smell nice again.”

“You can’t deny you’re glad I’m back from tour, whether I’m smell bad or not.”

“Of course I’m glad you’re back!” Ellie said as she took Brian’s hand in her own. He gave her a winning smile that melted her heart into a pile of mush. “Even though it has been a little weird since Matt moved out. I feel like Zacky has been acting like a third wheel lately, and I don’t want him to feel that way.”

“Well, he should after what he did!” Brian exclaimed. She knew that he was still a little upset with Zacky after he had interrupted their time together the first night back. “He would be mad at me for the same reason. But, speaking of him being awkward, the three of us can’t live together forever.”

“I know, but we have to for the mean time,” Ellie said. She loved living with Zacky because he always had her doubled over in laughter at least once a day. But, she did agree with the fact that they all couldn’t live together forever. “You can’t just ask him to leave though, especially because I think he’s been a little sad lately. I think he needs to find a girlfriend.”

“Please, Zack is so much happier when he’s single, trust me,” he replied. “I’m sure he has plenty of girls he could choose from. If he wants to find a girlfriend, it wouldn’t be hard for him to do so. So, what I’m trying to say is that Zacky is happy single because he hasn’t tried to change his relationship status for a long time.”

“Okay, whatever you say,” Ellie said. “I was just noticing that he seemed like he was a little down lately. But, yes, one day all of us will have to find different places to live in. It will be weird though. It would be just me and you.”

“Why would it be so weird? We live together now,” Brian asked.

“I know but I’ve never lived with just one boy before,” Ellie explained. “I always lived at home, and then I was roommates with Sara for four years.”

“I’m probably not that much different to live with than your brother,” Brian said with a laugh. “And we have lived together already. Trust me, it won’t be that much different. There will just be less of a chance of Zacky interrupting things.”

“Do you really think we would be ready to live together sometime soon, just me and you?” she asked. “We’re just starting things over again and all.”

“I know we’re just starting over again, but it’s not like we’re starting from scratch,” Brian said. “We know basically everything there is to know about each other, we’ve been through everything together. We already have made our mistakes and we already know what it’s like to live together. I think we just need time to adjust to this, but eventually I think it really is going to lead to living together. And by that I mean living without your brother and without Zacky.”

“You really think so?” Ellie asked softly. She looked over at Brian’s profile as he concentrated on the road. As much as they loved each other at this point, they couldn’t even try to ignore all of the hurt and trust issues in their past. It was going to take a long time to completely heal all of the wounds that he had caused. They weren’t as visible as they were a few years ago, but they were still there, and they still hurt. Ellie promised herself she wouldn’t let her guard down for a long while, even after they had chosen to be together. With each day, though, he kept proving more and more that he was committed to her and only to her.

“Yeah, I do,” he replied quietly. Brian took his eyes off of the road for one second to give her a reassuring smile, and he lifted her hand up to his lips. He gave the open palm of her hand a gentle kiss, making her whole arm come alive with feeling.

Brian and Ellie came back to the house after having dinner. It was dark inside, which was weird because back when Matt was still living there, there was always some kind of activity at the house. There were always people over and there were always people home. Now, since Matt had moved and Brian made Zacky leave for the night, the house was dark and quiet. Ellie instantly thought it was how their house would be if they lived together, just the two of them.

Brian opened the door and they both walked inside. Ellie turned the lights on because the house seemed a little bit lonely and a little bit empty. She walked back into the kitchen so she could look at the flowers that Brian had bought for her.

“You really like them, don’t you?” Brian asked with a smile as he came up behind her. He wrapped his arms around her and she leaned her head back against his chest.

“I told you that they were my favorite,” Ellie replied. “Of course I love them. No one has ever given me flowers like this before, not that there has been too many people who would.”

Ellie cut herself short after that. She didn’t want to bring up Chris in the middle of this. Their dinner had been wonderful, better than she ever could have imagined, and she wasn’t going to ruin it. It was the first time she had ever gone on a date with someone she really liked, or loved in Brian’s case, and it was the first time she really got to experience dating someone. Even though the both of them were basically entering into a serious relationship right away, dating each other was definitely a new experience.

Brian also noticed the silent mention of Chris, but he chose to ignore it. There always seemed to be the thought of other guys that got in the way when it came to spending time alone with Ellie, whether it was about Zacky, Matt, or Chris.

“So since Zacky is gone, what are we supposed to do now?” Brian asked, well knowing what the answer was. He brought his lips down to her neck, and left a trail of kisses that were so light, Ellie could barely feel them. She could barely feel them, but they still made her weak in the knees. He always had that drug-like influence over her, and it never weakened, even in the times that they were apart. He lingered when he reached the side of her face, and Ellie closed her eyes, taking in every moment of this. It was where she wanted to be for so long, and she wasn’t going to take any second of it for granted. She had said this before, but everything in the world just seemed to fall into the right place when she was in Brian’s arms.

Ellie turned around and she brought her arms around his neck as he slid his hands down to her waist. “Something tells me you already had something in mind,” Ellie replied with a raised eyebrow.

“Maybe,” he said as he brought his lips gently to hers. He kissed her softly because they always started out slow. They always had a pattern, but even in that, kissing Brian never got old for Ellie, and she didn’t think it ever would.

Ellie pulled on the front of Brian’s shirt to bring him in closer, and he gladly listened to her silent suggestion. She could tell he was trying his hardest to take it slow, but she knew it was hard for him since they had been waiting for so long. He was slowly pushing her forward, pressing her back into the edge of the table as her hands traveled up into his hair.

She could tell he was trying to lift her so she could sit on the table, but she pulled his hair back, breaking away from the kiss.

“We can’t do it on the kitchen table,” Ellie said, a little horrified. She had forgotten for a second that she was kissing a rock star who probably had sex on all imaginable surfaces. “Just imagine how gross that would be for everyone, especially Zacky who eats those annoying sandwiches every day. He always makes a mess and never uses a plate.”

“And?” Brian asked, a little impatiently. She could see a little sparkle of humor in his eyes at the prospect of ruining Zacky’s favorite food for him.

Ellie just shook her head, holding in a laugh. She took his hand and pulled him into the living room, turning off the lights as they went. She sat him on the couch and sat on his lap, taking control. She could take it slow because she wasn’t in any hurry, and the idea of making Brian suffer just a little bit made her smile mischievously.

“What are you smiling about?” he asked, but she just ignored Brian and shut him up with a kiss. It seemed every time they started to get into it, the longing they had for each other while he had been on tour came back at full force. Ellie felt like she would lose half of herself if she pulled away from him anytime soon.

Brian pulled her in closer with a little force and desperation. He sent chills up and down her spine and the rough, familiar feel of his hands greeted the bare skin of her back. He slipped his hands underneath Ellie’s shirt, slowly coming up towards her shoulder blades. He brought the hem of her shirt up with his hands, and the cold air hit her bare skin. They were just about to break away so Brian could pull her shirt over her head, but a knock on the door made them stop dead in their tracks.

“Ignore it,” Brian said desperately as he tried to pull Ellie’s lips back to his. She was all too glad to oblige, but something else made them stop again.

“I know you guys are home, I just saw the lights on about ten minutes ago,” Matt called through the front door.

“Doesn’t he have anyone else to bother at this hour?” Brian asked. Ellie could tell he was frustrated that another person had come to interrupt them. “Just ignore him and he’ll go away soon enough.”

“I can’t do that,” Ellie said, pulling her shirt back down as she climbed off of Brian’s lap. “Let me just see if something is wrong, and then I’ll get rid of him as fast as possible. We can start where we left off as soon as he leaves.”

She walked over to the door, making sure her clothes didn’t look suspicious. Ellie took a deep breath and paused for a second before opening the door. Without even waiting to be invited in, Matt burst into the house, right past Ellie.

“I’m glad someone is finally home, I’ve been panicking all night,” Matt said frantically as he began to pace back and forth in the living room.

“What’s the matter?” Ellie asked, trying to sound as worried as possible when all she wanted was for her brother to leave.

“Why are the lights off, and where is Zacky?” Matt asked, stopping his frantic pacing for just a second. Brian turned the light on the coffee table, giving Matt one nasty glare. He was beginning to realize Matt was not going to leave that easily. “I’m not interrupting anything, am I?”

He looked up at Ellie’s hair, and she silently cursed herself for not thinking to run her fingers through it real quick before opening the door.

“No,” Ellie replied with a reluctant sigh. “We just went out to dinner and we got home about twenty minutes ago or so.”

“Good,” Matt said as he walked over to the couch and made himself comfortable. Brian, who was sitting next to him, sank deep into the couch and put one of the pillows over his face in frustration. Ellie could faintly hear him yell ‘fuck’ into it.

“Now, what happened that made you wait all night for someone to come home?” Ellie asked.

“I don’t know, it just came over me all of a sudden,” he answered seriously. “I just kept thinking, ‘I’m going to be a dad in just a few months’, and that’s when I felt like I couldn’t breathe. I was fine with this since Val told me we were going to have a kid, but tonight something in me just snapped. I panicked. Who am I kidding, I’m not cut out to be a dad yet.”

“Let me just get you something to drink and then we will talk about this,” Ellie replied. Brian looked like he wanted to strangle Matt, so she knew she had to get him out of there. “I’m going to help you see that it’s not a scary as you think it is. I’m sure everyone goes through this right before they’re about to become a parent.”

Matt’s face lit up in thanks as Ellie made her way into the kitchen again. She could hear footsteps, and she knew it was Brian following behind her.

“I’m so sorry,” she whispered as soon as she knew Matt couldn’t hear them talking. “I never expected him to come here with baby drama. I can’t just tell him to leave, though, he looks like he’s about to have a stroke in there.”

“I know,” Brian said, taking a long, deep sigh. “His timing is just really fucking terrible. I can’t believe this is happening to us again.”

“I’m sorry,” Ellie said with a frown, hoping Brian wasn’t going to be angry at Matt now. “I’ll make it up to you, I promise. Just think, when everyone we know finally decides they don’t need to bother us with something, it will be even better because we had to wait so long.”

“I’m starting to think we need to move out of the country,” Brian said with a laugh, pulling her in for a hug and kissing her on the top of her head. “I understand though because he’s your brother, and if you weren’t here, I would have to help him out, so I’m kind of grateful.”

“Hey!” Ellie said. “Just because you’re going to be sleeping while I listen to Matt’s woes of fatherhood for two hours doesn’t mean that you get to rub it in my face.”

“I know,” he said, trying to contain his laughter. “Just when you’re finally done being his therapist, come upstairs.”

“I will,” she said. “But by the time he gets himself sorted out again it will probably be too late to pick up where we left off.”

“That’s why I’m about to go upstairs to take a very cold shower,” Brian said.

Ellie shook her head as she followed him back into the living room so she could help calm Matt’s fears. She didn’t even realize she didn’t get a drink, which was the reason why she had originally gone into the kitchen, but she really didn’t care anymore. She was starting to get just a little bit annoyed by all of the interruptions, too.

Ellie was beginning to think living somewhere that she and Brian could call ‘theirs’ might not be such a bad idea. There would be fewer interruptions, that was for sure. She was just going to have to make sure wherever that they moved would be a good distance away from everyone else.
♠ ♠ ♠
Why are my chapters getting longer and longer in length?? I have no idea.

CLICK HERE to read the Zacky/Brian (not slash) one shot if you haven’t yet.

AND the layout site should be up by the end of the week, I just need to put together three more layouts for everyone to choose from. I love a couple of the ones I finished already, and I would def use them myself, so I hope all of you will check them out when I finally post the link!! :]