Status: Active

The Perfect Words Never Crossed My Mind

01

The noise of two people shouting each other is the noise that filled the Smith household, even the neighbors were wondering what the shouting was for.

"No Sid! I won't do it, I can't!" Eloise's voice rang out.

"But Ellie, please! Do it for me, you promised me," Sidney said.

"Sid, I'm sorry. I know I promised you, but do you expect me to put my dreams on hold too? I'm just supposed to follow you around like a sick puppy, is that what you want? I'd be a burden."

"El, no you wouldn't. I love you too much, I just - just never mind, I shouldn't of even asked. I knew it'd be too much from the moment I asked you, just forget it."

The defeated tone in Sidney's voice made Eloise feel even worse. Sidney, over a year ago, made Eloise promise to follow him wherever his hockey career took him. So far he'd be staying in Canada, but El knew that it wasn't permanent. She knew he had a future in big time hockey leagues. Hell, he was in one now and he wasn't even graduated.

Eloise had been accepted to be an intern at one of fashion's biggest corporations in London. She just didn't know how to tell Sid she was leaving for London right after graduation. Which was the next day. So she decided not to say anything.

"I'm sorry Sid, but if it means anything, I love you too."

"Yeah, I love you El, I don't know what I'd do without you," once those words came out of his mouth, he wrapped her in a bear hug. The couple had made their way through the last fight before she left.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Eloise saw caps fly up, and before she knew it the ceremony was over. And she had to be on a plane in two hours.

"ELLIE!" a deep voice yelled.

Eloise already knew who it was before she turned around.

"Sid! I can't believe it we're done."

"I know, I'm so excited for this summer. A lot of conditioning and a lot of us," Sid smiled at her and she knew this would be the hardest thing she'd ever have to do. She felt her tears starting to come to her eyes.

"Actually, Sid, there won't be a lot of us."

As soon as Sidney heard this, his smile turned into a frown.

"What do you mean? There's always supposed to be an 'us', always."

"I'm so sorry Sid, but I can't do this anymore. I love you so much and this is so hard for me to do. I have to go, goodbye."

As soon as she turned away, the tears ran down her face and she ran out of the auditorium. Leaving Sidney with nothing to say, standing there, not doing anything.

And just like that Eloise Marie Smith walked out of Sidney Crosby's life.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah, it's my first story. So tell me if you like it or not. And give me some criticism, I want to get better. :)