Status: Active

The Perfect Words Never Crossed My Mind

10

After Liz and Amanda came home from the club, they were laughing and talking loudly, which woke up Eloise because she was on the couch watching TV when she had fallen asleep. When she looked at them, she knew they were slightly buzzed. So Eloise tiredly smiled at them and retreated to her room.

The next day, they asked her why she had left early. Eloise told them the story, so when she told them she didn’t want to go to the game that night, they understood completely. When they came home from the game, they told Eloise about meeting up with Kris and Jordan after they had come out of the locker room. They were about to go to dinner when Sidney had stopped them to ask where Eloise was, when they replied that she had stayed at home, his facial expression had shown them he was disappointed. When the girls had told Eloise that, she was shocked that Sidney had asked them where she was, but was happy she didn’t go to the game.

The next week went by in a blur for Eloise. All they had done was unpack and work at Amanda’s store. They were all designing new things and making sure the store was up to par with their likings. Kris and Jordan visited the girls at work and after being formally introduced, the guys always cracked jokes to Eloise. She liked them and knew they were the right kind of guys for her friends. Sometimes Max would join them to visit, but Sidney never came.

Today had seemed to be another day as it had been for the past week. There was nothing eventful, just work and unpacking. That’s all Eloise ever felt like doing. She never went out with the girls. They would go to the club or to games; they would go out to eat a couple of times too. It had worried them that Eloise never wanted to do anything, they had been trying to get her out of the apartment, but little did they know that when they went out, Eloise would go out as well.

She had found access to the roof and after talking to the supervisor of the building, she had found out the roof part was theirs to do what they pleased with it. She started a small garden to work with so she could de-stress and worry about any problems she had up there.

She had come down from her garden to find Amanda and Liz home, along with a couple of hockey boys. They had won another game and were pumped. So they all had decided to come over to the girl’s apartment to party. She smiled when she saw a few familiar faces, but didn’t see Sidney. She hadn’t seen him since the incident at the club, and she preferred to keep it that way. She wanted more time before she had to see him again, even though it made her seem like a chicken, she didn’t care.

She grabbed a drink and went up to Liz and asked casually, “So how many people did you invite over?”

“Oh, just a few. Kris did more of the inviting than we did. I hope you don’t mind.”

“Nah, I’m fine with it. I’ll just go to my room and read or design something new. I’m not feeling that well.”

“Elle, just stay out here. Please? Me and Amanda are worried about you.”

“Amanda and I.”

“What?”

“You said me and Amanda, I was just correcting you,” Eloise smiled.

Liz laughed, but still had a concerned look on her face, “You’re a freak, but you only do that when you’re trying to avoid a subject. Anyway, as I was saying, we’re worried about you. You don’t do anything anymore. You just stay cooped up here and it’s not healthy for you.”

“That’s not true, I get out.”

“Going to work and running around the block isn’t getting out. I’m talking about going to the movies, the club, hockey games, and other stuff.”

“I’m fine. I don’t need you to play mom for me. I can handle myself.”

Liz looked uncomfortable and thought she needed to leave the conversation before it went south so she said, “Fine, but don’t think this is over with,” and walked away.

Eloise was confused. Liz never left the conversation. She was always pushing to be the person who ended the conversation. Eloise just shrugged her shoulders and turned to go into her room when she hit someone in the chest.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment and subscribe. :)