Status: Active

The Perfect Words Never Crossed My Mind

15

Eloise walked into her apartment with a bright smile on her face, she didn’t expect for Amanda or Liz to be home already. They took note of her dazed face and looked at each other, they didn’t know what had happened to her.

“So uh, where did you go missy?” Eloise jumped at the sound of Liz’s voice, and looked over where they were sitting. Her eyes widened and then she started stuttering. She felt like she had been caught sneaking out by her mother.

“Well, I uh, I- went out, a-and well uh,” she blushed and then got it together enough to form words. “I went out to eat with Sidney, he insisted after I let him stay with me last night.”

Both of the girls smirked at each other and then started laughing. It wasn’t a short laugh, no it was long, and Eloise’s face just got redder and redder. Finally they calmed down enough to ask more questions.

“So what was he doing in your bed with you last night?” Amanda asked. She was just as, if not, nosier than Liz. Eloise never minded though. She always thought to Liz’s motto, ‘if you don’t ask, then you don’t get answers.’ After Eloise had learned that, she knew that she could be open with Liz and it would be safe with her. And Amanda was just as trustworthy as Liz, even though they hadn’t known each other for that long. It felt like they had known each other their whole lives.

“He was really, and I mean, really, drunk. I wasn’t going to let him drive home and the couch was probably occupied, and then I thought you two were going to stay home, so your beds were out of the question, until I saw the note this morning,” Eloise had a hard time keeping her eyes on one thing.

“What about the floor? Did he not even ask for it?” Liz said.

“He did, but I was not going to let him sleep on the floor, he was a guest, it would have been rude,” Eloise rolled her eyes like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

“So? He’s your ex-boyfriend, he could have handled one night on the floor,” Eloise looked at Liz with wide eyes.

“Liz, just give her a break. Who cares anyway?” Amanda was always the one trying to break up a conversation when it got tense.

“I do! Do you really think I want to see her hurt again? I’ve already seen her cry enough over this guy, you weren’t there to see it,” Liz and Amanda stared at each other and didn’t break eye contact until Eloise said something.

“It wasn’t his fault though, none of it was. Don’t you remember what happened? I broke up with him, and now that I’ve seen him again, I want to make things right. It doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re going to date again. I just, at least, want to be his friend,” Both of the girls looked at her and Liz had a slight look of guilt on her face.

“I guess. Elle, I’m sorry, I just don’t want to see you hurt. After these past weeks, almost every encounter you’ve had with him didn’t end up okay. There was a week where you did nothing, but work and come back here. I’m just looking out for you.”

“I know you are Liz, but I’m a big girl. I can handle myself if I need to. If I need your help, I’ll ask. I’m not stubborn like you are,” Eloise nudged Liz in the side and they both smiled. Amanda smiled as well, happy that the tension had dwindled down.

After they all gossiped about what Amanda and Liz had done the night before, they settled down and turned on the TV and were watching a TV show. Eloise felt vibrations coming from her pocket. She pulled out her phone and saw she had a new text message.

From: Sidney

What do you want me to make you tomorrow?


To: Sidney

I don’t know. Surprise me. What do you want for dessert?


From: Sidney

I don’t know. Surprise me. ;)


Eloise smiled as her and Sidney continued texting. Amanda sent her a curious face and Liz got up to grab something from the kitchen. Amanda scooted next to Eloise and said in a quiet voice, “so what’s going on? Spill.”

“Well me and Sidney switched numbers when he was driving me home and I’m going over to his place for dinner tomorrow,” Eloise felt bad keeping that from Liz, but after what had just happened she knew it would only make things worse.

Amanda nodded and smiled; “Don’t worry. I’ll talk to Liz about the whole Sidney thing. I’ll try to see if I can change her mind about this.”

When Liz came back into the room, Eloise looked at the time and they realized they had to get to the boutique and open it up.

While being there, Eloise had just gotten done helping a customer when she heard Liz and Amanda talking from the back room.

“Liz, you’re being unreasonable, I thought you were all excited and wanted them back together? It makes no sense how you do a complete one eighty.”

“Because, I’ve thought about it. All I’ve seen them do, since we moved here, is fight. It has always resulted in her either almost or in tears.”

“It’s her decision though, you’re not her mom. If she wants to do things with him, then fine, you may have a slight say in it, but you don’t get to choose whose she’s with or what she does.”

“Then what am I supposed to do about it if it does end up bad?”

“Just be there for her and be her best friend. Please, just show her some support and not because I said so, because you mean it.”

Eloise didn’t hear them say anything else, so she walked away and put away some clothes. She saw Amanda and Liz walk out of the back room with some boxes and they spent the rest of the day organizing and helping customers.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading, comment and sub