Status: Active

The Perfect Words Never Crossed My Mind

16

Eloise had smoothed out her dress and grabbed the dessert from the passenger seat of the car Amanda had let her borrow. Every step to Sidney’s apartment complex made her even more nervous and had her doubting her decision to say yes. She finally reached the door and buzzed the button to Sidney’s apartment.

“Hello?” She heard his voice say.

“Hey, it’s me, Ellie.”

She heard him chuckle, “You didn’t have to say your name, I’d know your voice anywhere. Here, I’ll buzz you in. I’m on the third floor.”

She heard the door buzz and she opened it and walked in, she could hear her heels clicking every time she took another step to the elevator. She got in and pressed the third floor button. When the elevator opened, she noticed that it didn’t lead to her to a floor with different doors, it went straight to his apartment. She walked out, not knowing where to go.

“Hello? Sidney?”

He poked his head out of what she assumed was the kitchen and startled her. He gave a slight laugh and smiled, “sorry for that, you can come in here. I’m just finishing up dinner. I would have met you, but I didn’t want to risk burning anything,” he winked at her and noticed her blushing.

“Where should I put this?” She mentioned to the dessert, she was gazing around at what she would rather call a mansion instead of an apartment.

He walked up to her and caught her attention, “Why are you looking around at my place in amazement? And you can hand me the dessert, I’ll set it on the table.”

“Why am I looking around? It’s like a mansion in here, I mean geez, have you seen this place?”

He laughed again, “Well yeah, I live here. Remember?” She blushed again and tried walking into his kitchen, only to be grabbed by the waist and be placed where she was earlier. She just stared at Sidney ready to ask why when he already answered the question in her head, “It’s a surprise, you’re not allowed in the kitchen.”

She huffed, “Well if I’m not allowed in there then where am I supposed to go?”

“You could look around if you wanted to, I don’t mind. I’m going to head back into the kitchen and make sure that everything looks alright. I’ll find you when we can eat.”

She nodded her head and watched him retreat into the kitchen. She started to look around and found herself looking at his DVD collection in the living room, she laughed when she saw a few chick flicks in there, she shook her head and carried on. She had basically looked everywhere until she heard whining in one of the rooms she had passed earlier.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am so, so, so sorry that's it been forever. I finished my first year at university and I thought I would get back to this. Hopefully I finish this before the summer is over. I'll try to get two more chapters out today! Also I'm sorry, it's super short. I'll definitely make the next ones longer! :)